Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arctic Bro

10-09-2012

Is it ok to 9 player honor on a gg multiple games if it was to happen 1 night or would it count as spamming honor?*

Agam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Dr. Lyte,

You've mentioned that some some honor is worth more and that value of honor is decreased if spammed. Could you please elaborate on this please? For example, are some peoples honor valued so high that you get 2-3 points in the field they chose to honor you in. How do I know that I'm getting the higher value honor?

DptBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Dr. Lyte, will you be posting any internship positions for the summer in your department?

CannonFodderTed

10-09-2012

Dr Lyte,

Have you considered including some kind of honored rating in tribunal reports? For example, if it was a rating of 1 to 100 lets just say and I get a tribunal case where the person who reported the toxic behavior was a highly honored rating of 95 and the person being reported is a low honor rating of 2, it might help give a little more weight behind it. Versus instead if I see that the person being reported is a highly honorable player being reported by a troll. While it certainly would not be a heavily weighted factor, it may give a more broad knowledge of the character of the persons involved to see trends in behavior.

Also, I would love if I could see my badge in my profile as well as on my forum posts to show off to others. Currently the only reason I know I have it is cause opponents complement me on it when we start matches.

Thanks!
Current Holder of Honorable Opponent Badge
Plus I'm just freaking awesome.
CannonFodderTED

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
26 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warden View Post
@Dr. Lyte:

Not sure if you answered this yet but how would you deal with this situation?

Let's just say that you had a really good game. Your jungler ganked a lot and helped take all the objectives, as well as coordinating the team for team fights. At the end game screen, he says, "You guys are awesome! Honor for everyone!" Can you report that for spamming? Most likely he says that every game to 'remind' people to honor him, which I think goes alongside purposefully trading Honor between players.
We're keeping a close eye on this behavior for now.

CannonFodderTed

10-09-2012

How many different types of badges are available? I have only seen the honorable opponent one. And what percentage of players have them?

C9 Meteos

10-09-2012

I'm confused about "honor trading". I play in high elo normal games with premades most of the time. We mostly run into the same players because there aren't that many high elo normal players. Is it considered honor trading to give honor to the people I play with all the time?

Sacrafides

10-09-2012

I think the system is great! And I was delighted when I saw it for the first time!!!!!!!

But I almost always play with the same friends, and so far we honored ourselves every game! WE DID NOT KNEW THAT IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE SPAMMED. Our bad, I admit, We should have read more first. Right now, we are reserving our honor for that games when our team play and our communication is great!

Keep up the good work!

GL HF

Trooper5150

10-09-2012

i find this system is actually working. i myself am tending to turn away from insulting or speaking badly of other players. and im usually silent when a game ends but now im finding myself actually saying "GG"

well done riot

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
27 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonFodderTed View Post
How many different types of badges are available? I have only seen the honorable opponent one. And what percentage of players have them?
So far, 4 have been discovered.