Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wow jenn

10-09-2012

real

Jehoida

10-09-2012

I'm glad there's a positive way to say who's a good player, not just to say who's terrible. Great idea

cupofcoffay

10-09-2012

SUCH a good thing you've done here with the Honor Initiative. I was just beginning to to think about how poison LoL has become with the trolls, smack talkers, leavers, and all the other negative variables, and just as i wondered you implemented this. I'm glad it's working and hope to see more progress! [Do I get honor for that reply?[kidding]]

Flying Sno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Whoever came up with this idea i would like to congratulate him/her. Well done.

Flagrock

10-09-2012

Hey Lyte, with the crests could you base them off of the % of games the player gets honored in? Having to hit a certain number of honors seems like the reward is only good for those who play League a lot so that they have that many games to get honored in. I know that I've only played like 15 games since this has came out. I probably have a very very very low amount of "honors" compared to people who have played 50 games or even 100 games. So, should there be a certain amount (like 50 or something) and then it be based off of % so that the crests better show who are positive a higher amount of the times vs more games played to be honored in?

Opicapau

10-09-2012

Maybe the more honored players should get shorter queue times or get priority?

LegendSmith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Funny how that works isn't it. I've really wanted a system like this for a while. Rewarding for good behavior is always a better solution, it's only in contrast to that do we see the tragic nature of ill behavior. When only punishing the naughty, the tragedy becomes commonplace, players become desensitized, and a community toxic. I personally noticed results in randoms immediately and I'm very grateful for it. Now I actually want to play independently of when my friends are playing. Also thank you for weighting the honorable points with number of times played together. I hope this honor system works its way into matchmaking.

I could live without rewards for the honor system. People will honor their friends it's unavoidable (unless entirely restricted). And those who play casually, or who do not have many league friends, will have less points, although they are no less honorable or deserving of honor system rewards. I know plenty of "casual" players that have spent WAY more money on this game than I. Playing honorably shouldn't entitle anyone to anything, the reward is having other honorable people to have fun playing with.

Well done lads! Keep up the good work!

Harutan

Recruiter

10-09-2012

I'd like to mention something I've thought is a nice side effect of the honor system.
In this one match I did, my 4 team mates auto-locked champs, one being katarina calling support, and sion calling jungle, when I decided to pick yorick and lock in my team raged at me for not picking an ADC.
The whole match was a gong-show of us getting stomped, and most of my team telling the enemies to report "troll yorick" etc etc, sion running around smiting things in the jungle im trying to pick up.
All I did through the match however was keep my cool and respond to the /all trolling calmly, at the end of the match, when we obviously got rolled and lost I asked the enemy team to report our AFKers and "well played"
I was pleased to see after the game I was given 2 honorable opponent points, obviously not an intended part of the system, but it made me feel alot better about this horrible match I had just gotten through, that there were some people who recognized that I was being harassed by my whole team.

BigDracha

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Crazed View Post
Riot is about to take every freedom away from us... For those that live in America how would you feel if you weren't allowed to say what you wanted? Or do what you want? Yes there are guidelines and laws set in place in society however Riot is acting like Hitler trying to take over all our freedoms and ruin anything and everything about this game. Lets make it so everyone can report people that way people WHO SPEND THEIR REAL LIFE MONEY on the game can throw it down the drain when RIOT PERMA BANS THEIR ACCOUNT. TRUST ME I KNOW MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPENT OVER $200.00 just to have their account banned. RIOT is taking away all of our freedoms from freedom of speech to freedom of what we are allowed to do. It makes me sick that the community is allowing so much power from a FREE TO PLAY GAME. Look at World of Warcraft or Counter Strike or StarCraft 2 Blizzard/Valve doesn't PERMA BAN people for language or immature behavior or being bad at a game... They try to make sure that their community helps each other and works as a team... However RIOT by putting in place the REPORT and HONOR system is just allowing trolls and people who play together to gain and benefit while the solo que people are stuck being reported randomly for nothing and never receive honor... RIOT YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB AT STEALING AND TAKING AWAY MY OWN FREEDOMS...
And from what I've seen, all these people who claim to have been falsely banned get called out for their innocent cries which turn out to be not so innocent. For some one who is crying about how RIOT is taking away our rights, you signed their rules and regulations just like everyone else. If you don't like it, you can leave.

DeadlyVirus

10-09-2012

In one of my games there was a player on my team who got verbally abusive against me and threatened several times to "kill me in real life".

Then he proceeded to offer the opposite team honour points for anyone who would kill me in-game.

While I did report him under "Verbal Harassment", I hope he gets banned for it.