Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Socrates187

10-09-2012

I love that Riot is trying out a positive reinforcement system. I feel so bad and annoyed filling out a report for negative behavior even when it is deserved. I am so glad to be participating in a positive reinforcement system for the first time that I can remember in a multi-player game. I try to take the honor system to heart and be judicious with the honor I give out so that it is not a meaningless point system. At the same time I try to be a little liberal when judging and I let other players know through chat that I think they are doing a good job in game, it is amazing how many friends you can make this way.

KingofMaelstroms

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Can you add the ability to honor recently played players? Sometimes I auto click through the home button when I meant to honor someone. :S

S0rter

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You won't be banned if friends keep Honoring you; however, you won't get full value out of your Honors.
I understand where you guys are coming from. You don't want ppl to just play with premades. But then this begs the question: why have friends at all then if I am deriving a greater benefit from playing solo with 9 randoms? I belive your fight against exploiters is a double edged sword with honor. You are essentially making the playerbase turn into loners or making them say "Sorry guys, I will play Rift by myself as I get more quality honor. See ya."

Yordles Rule

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Moon View Post
I like to give honor to people who don't rage in games but i feel restricted by the small amount of honor I can give out. I dont get reported sooo are there any plans to increase the amunt of honor we can bestow?
If you are suggesting that more honorable summoners receive the ability to give out more honor, that definitely sounds like an interesting idea

Amadi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Currently, players Honor for Teamwork the most.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've gotten a lot of unwarranted honor for that, or then my standards are just higher than those of others.

LIKE RIGHT NOW THIS GAME AMAGAD STOP GIVING ME HONORZ

hoihoi8

10-09-2012

How about something like a 1-5% boost in IP if you are an honorable player?

BRODST

10-09-2012

Dear Riot Games, Inc.,

I've been playing for about 3 months now, and I love your game thus far. With the new honor initiative I see a good way to reward honorable summoners that continue to be in excellent standing in the LoL community. IP can be used for buying runes and new summoners, however I feel that there should be a way to unlock new skins over time as well.

I was wondering if it would be possible to use honor points to unlock new skins? As a frat bro, I would love to play as Brolaf, but I spend the all of my money on the real-life equivalent of Craggy Ice and occasionally food.

Thanks for your time!

~BrODST

Ballton

10-09-2012

Are there any plans for a negative version of honour?
I understand you said you have enough ways to spot and punish toxic players and that this system is just meant to reward, or atleast recognize the positive personalities in the comunity.

This is just an idea to I had to help say more about personalities in general.
Now I do believe that this WOULD be abuse (maybe, far) more than you feared the current system would.
Something to the effect of this, however, would be kinda useful when you think there is something wrong about someone as a person/community member(etc.), but you(the player and/or Riot) don't consider it report worthy.

Just had a small brainstorm moment and thought I'd share it.

Mantheon Mandrop

10-09-2012

Whos downvoting everyone? Some good responses.

Locq

10-09-2012

major improvement to the game