Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taliesin

10-09-2012

It works!

CTore118

10-09-2012

I love that Riot is working hard to make this a better community and I love the fact that it seems to be working even more.

Maybe they can look at how many times someone gets honored PER GAME as well as something to reward? If one person trades honor and gets 1 vote every game 10 times a day it won't look as good as someone playing a gae a day and getting honored by everyone every time. Just a thought

Jaffare

10-09-2012

It would be interesting to add small rewards as goals for the honor system. For example, reaching 20/30/40/50 honor points would unlock new profile pictures or some visual indication of positivity. Since the system also catches traders, there wouldn't be much of an issue with trading for rewards.

weezcake

10-09-2012

Didn't expect it to work, but teammates are at least 5x more friendly than they were before this system.

Funny what people will do for a thank you.

ESTEpox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Haha, yesterday i reported a guy who gave me one honor point and then he added me to his friend list <3.
B: Not the first time it happends, its really amazing to give every person a chance.
On top of that: YEY Honor!!! Always wanted a sistem like this!

Mantheon Mandrop

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensenmanN View Post
I'm just wondering about the second point mentioned, giving honor to a friend. I frequently play with friends (not a fan of solo play), and so I regularly honor my friends (not always, but when I remember). I do however give them honor for appropriate things, depending on the person. Some are good team players (my jungler friend) and some are just chatty and friendly. I don't bull**** the reports, or ask for them to honor me, I just think about honoring them more because they are friends. I'm just wondering if this is going to get me in trouble, or if it will just end up in the category of less valuable because I frequently honor them.
As long as you dont say "lets swap honor" or give honor to them for being bad like 0-15-0 or something along that line you should be fine.

Mantheon Mandrop

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarayezona View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind keeping it. Sometimes it can feel like an embarrassing mark on your reputation, but when people see that mark it's always the people who have truly changed who look back on it and realize how much better of a person they are now.

Having ban marks on your account also encourages you to be more careful about your behavior now and forever, lest you want to risk being permabanned. People who don't learn will be permabanned, and the ability to remove that permaban risk doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Having ban marks also discriminates you from rewards.

Kadin7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

If I may make a suggestion -And I'm sure Riot has already thought of this but I'm gonna say it anyways, just in case-

To stop honor trading, why not just make it so you can't give the same person honor more then twice a week? That way, you don't have people who join a team together and give eachother honor every game. And what are the chances of running into the same person more then twice a week if you're not on a team with them? (Running into someone twice at all without being on a team is lucky)

Otherwise, great idea. That's just my two cents

zZBlackmatterZz

10-09-2012

I"m looking for where the honor crests are mentioned and I think I missed it somewhere. Are there honor crests out there currently?

Mantheon Mandrop

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadin7 View Post
If I may make a suggestion -And I'm sure Riot has already thought of this but I'm gonna say it anyways, just in case-

To stop honor trading, why not just make it so you can't give the same person honor more then twice a week? That way, you don't have people who join a team together and give eachother honor every game. And what are the chances of running into the same person more then twice a week if you're not on a team with them? (Running into someone twice at all without being on a team is lucky)

Otherwise, great idea. That's just my two cents
Because sometimes you randomly group up with the same people multipletimes a day. I played against the same guy 5 times once.