Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Morakag

10-09-2012

My one concern is this: I only play with people I know mainly because I rarely get on these days, and I find it more enjoyable to play with my gang of people. By these standards, I will have honor from my friends (Mind you, I do not ask them for honor. We give honor among each other as we see fit. One might give me teamwork for being very assisting as a support champion or so on) that will weigh less than random honor from people I don't know.

By my gaming life-style choice of only wanting to play with people I know personally will lead me to be at a disadvantage in this system. I'll receive little to no "Weighted" honor in comparison to people who play tons of random games. The only non-friend honor I can receive is honorable opponent, and so far I've received only two of those. At the same time: Will the fact that my friends give me honor cause it to seem suspicious even though it's the only people I play with?

Another Question: Since the honor I received isn't as weighted as honor given by random people, will that affect me negatively when it comes to possible gifts/benefits to having high honor rates?

Yurakina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Truly appreciate the effort to improve this society, but I''m afraid it hasn't been working for me so far.

Still get the same old people who rage and point middle fingers while failing to realize that you're supposed to play Ranked to win, not to reinforce an undeserved, over-inflated ego.

MuhGeeSher

10-09-2012

I don't know if this was ever posted but will you ever know "WHO" you're getting honored from..? I always wonder who exactly on the team honored me. Heck, I might even add them if I knew.

SayaNeechan

10-09-2012

Hmm, I wonder where this is going to go. There are so many possibilities and so much potential.

Chumbles

Recruiter

10-09-2012

I think that they should make it so that maybe 100 honor in each category can be the value of a 10$ rp card or something like that. Making it a reason to be a better teammate and opponent just my thoughts... LIKE IF YOU AGREE

The Straightener

10-09-2012

I like this initiative so far. Itīs good to see the numbers show a decreasing in toxic behavior. I just hope it last after the novelty wears off.

BoD

10-09-2012

Just a quick question, where are the crest located? And who can see them?

Evexrael

10-09-2012

I think this system is an absolute great addition, but I am curious if there could be a positive skew for players who are more "vocal" (textual?).

It seems like the results could be biased to favor those who are more conversant and positive at the expense of those who are quiet, yet non-destructive and in reality equally deserving of honor.

Also, when it comes to identifying the "pillars of strength", I'm hoping there's a measure for honor/game played.

EDIT: To clarify my second point, it seems it should be equivalent to "do something positive" and "not do anything negative", but is it?

DestinysKing

10-09-2012

i am very sure riot is in the process of awarding people for monument numbers of honor points or having special events and rewards for honorable players, give them a chance, so far so good

Calderweiss

10-09-2012

Thanks lyte!