Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capt Poro Snax

10-09-2012

Was wondering are there plans in the works for a - honor system i see atm it starts at 0 and goes up, however its reset to 0 for an infraction. would be interesting to see it be able to go into the -. That said however it would be rather hard to keep the trolls from just spamming everyone with - honor.

one interesting thought for people with - honor could have longer q times or something to that effect.

Metages

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I know I'm so far into the pages that this comment will likely never be read, however, I love this system. Honour has changed the game experience of LoL by bringing a more positive community, even without tangible rewards! I'm extremely pleased with the results, I have experienced significantly friendlier players and less griefing, and I congratulate Riot on this revolutionary idea, their ingenuity, and the hard work they obviously put into this.

Rewards would be cool though.

pichisito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

bueno esta muy bueno eso del honor pero deberian premiar a los jugadores que obtengan una cantida x de honor por ejemplo una rebaja de una skin de un campeor o etc.

BelligerentGnu

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is something we specifically took into account when designing the Honor Initiative. We never want Crests of Honor to be so common that if you don't have one, you will be shunned as a negative player. We always want Crests to be rare enough that when you do see one, they are very awesome player to play with; however, if you don't have one, it isn't impossible for you to earn one if you make a serious effort.

Also, Crests can be lost if you are not continuously positive in your matches, or start being toxic and get banned by the Tribunal.
Do you need to be honored every game on average to earn a crest?

adhlas

10-09-2012

I love how the rewards so far have been surprises. The community (and I, for that matter) loves hunting for easter eggs ^__^

HPfunman

10-09-2012

For normal games I think it would be cool if you put people with simular levels of honor with each other in games. The matchmaking system would prioratize hidden elo, but it would next prioratize honor levels. This would be an encintive to be honorable because the more honor you obtain the more likely you are to not have to put up with trolls. It would also make it so the trolls would maybe get a taste of their own medicine. I understand this would take out the part of being a positive role modle, but I think the incentive might make people be less likely to troll so that they can be with honorable teamates and have a positive in game experience more often. Just something to think about.

Redrowen

10-09-2012

Is there a post anywhere that explains the crests?

DestinysKing

10-09-2012

about two years ago i emailed craig in support about adding an mvp along with the reporting system, i am deeply encouraged that they actually listen to the customers and truly consider ways to make the gaming experience more enjoyabel for all... this is a brilliant adaptation of an mvp system and i hope everyone will benefit from this initiative... what can i say RIOT, once again you have enhanced the quality of my recreational life!!! I am sincerely impressed... You guys have a great product, keep up the good work... NOW, HOW ABOUT A NEW STRAIGHT SUPPORT CHAMP FTW!!!

Gigafood

10-09-2012

Its working and it is somewhat fun , but eventually the goal of getting honor justfor fun will get old. eventually the players who have stopped being toxic will realise that there is no point, there is nothing to gain from getting honor exept bragging rights and a sense of accomplishmen. there needs to be a reward, maybe making it so every fifty you get a reward, much like the referal reward system, or maybe making honor add to your xp, or even making honor a third currency. Whatever way, there needs to be a goal of some sort, some sort of reason to to be good other than collecting honor that cant really help you.

PANTSU Ray

10-09-2012

So. I am not at all a nice player.

Rather, I'm an *******. But today I got the honorable opponent badge thingy on my account on euw. Why would this happen?