Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClumsyMan

10-09-2012

[LIST][*] Both the giver and the recipient were also toxic players and both were punished for this behavior.

Win.

Illusive Furry

10-09-2012

I have never been a big fan of rewarding people for doing the right thing. People shouldn't need a reward for doing the right thing they should be doing the right thing to begin with. In theory this sends the wrong message to people "Be good so you get things(rewards/tangible items) in return". If you are good you should simply be happy with that and hope that the system already in place removes the people that are bad so you don't have to deal with them and if you're bad you should be dealt with quickly so that you no longer cause problems for people that are good. In my opinion if the system already in place wasn't showing you the numbers of change of reports going down then shouldn't that system be looked at for more improvement? To end this on a good note, thanks for trying to weed out the problems and showing that you at least care keep up the good work.

FilthySaint

10-09-2012

Can't wait for this next step: probably the rewards part of Honor.
Looking forward to my banana stickers and waffles for being good. ^.^

Entr°per

10-09-2012

now almost everybody is beeing nice to get some HONAR
that's pretty cool, even though you've got a small chance of getting matched w/ the everyday, let's call them "baddy maddies"
but now it's a small chance, unlike b4 this that was like in EVERY GAME

gj riot

EmChoc

10-09-2012

LUH LUH LUh LYTE

Baneson

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrusstrafe View Post
It's not that it gets under my skin to be interacting with jerks so much as I think people should understand what is actually happening as opposed to rose tinting the honor system as heavily as I have seen in this thread.
Think a lot of people are just happy to be able to play the game without getting flamed. Most probably don't care about the statistics, cause & effect, or whatever. Right now it is being attributed to the Honor Initiative. Is it a solution to the problem? Obviously not, since there is still negative behaviour seen in games. Does it deserve some praise? Debateable, but IMHO I'd say so.

Cirrusstrafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenStorm View Post
And while many are guilty of fanboyism towards this (probably me as well), I personally will say this is the greatest effort I've seen by any company to try and combat the problem. What with the Summoner's Code, the Tribunal, Honor, I mean purely by having a whole team at the company dedicated to trying solutions, I give Riot a good deal of respect for these efforts.

That said, something like what DotA2 was proposing with a 'mentoring' system would be another excellent addition here, and I'm very much looking forward to such a system for LoL (I'm a patient guy and don't mind showing newbies the ropes).
+1 doesn't do this justice.

Redhead O Rama

10-09-2012

I want to congratulate you guys. After the Honor system has come out, I've seen a huge response from the community, in a really positive way. Everyone's so much nicer, and it feels like I'm just playing a video game. Also, I enjoy being recognized for my uplifting attitude, which I tried to uphold even before honor. Good work, team.

TheFlyingSpoon

10-09-2012

As far as the tribunal and honor goes- I think it should take less than a temporary ban to lose crests and honor.

As an example, if a player gets a punish decision from the tribunal (the group not an individual) for verbal abuse, that alone should be enough to make a player lose all honor and his/her crest.

On another note, I think the winner for this honor initiative is already being seen- it's the community, and by relation, Riot. The affect honor has had on the ambiance on games is HUGE.

gj

Wise Squirrel

10-09-2012

The honor system is quite interesting to me so far.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see phase two.