Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DC Comics

10-09-2012

So, if we only play with premade 5s we should never honour each other? Or else its considered as honour abuse?

Foldish

10-09-2012

I wonder will Honor/Crests of a player be visible to those reviewing Tribunal cases?

Rexnier

10-09-2012

I have seen less and less "toxic" people cause of the honor system. But I see more and more people in games saying in /all Give honor after the match. I don't think it should be this big huge thing. I think it should have a small reward, not something huge like a map / game type / champions or anything of that nature. Small as such a IP boost or upon reaching so much honor a ranking system as well that gives them small very small amounts of RP like 50 for 500 honor. But it is nice to see less " Toxic" people and to see a game do research and implament a system to get less " Troll" like people. Most games are like " Meh just report them cause their bad / rude players. " Thats doesn't fix it it makes things worse. Showing them everyone has a bad day but you can still be nice about things is good. But if the honor system leads to nothing in the end those " Toxic" people will go back to being "Toxic" cause there is nothing at the end of the tunnel. This is a delecate system and I am happy Riot is taking it on. Cause its a very daring stand and a double edged sword. Most games would never take that kind of a stand. I know I play this game for a reason ^_^ daring to be different, always improving, and a good team working on everything even playing with their community.

AmbushIntheDark

10-09-2012

Is there any particular number of legitimate honors you need to earn a crest?

Cirrusstrafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
I'd say the cause is that they are anonymous on the internet and there is no reason for them not to misbehave. Doesn't honor address that?

What do you think is the cause?
The person? Not enough love shown to them as a child?

No, seriously.

Not enough reason for them not to misbehave? This is just a horrible thing. People shouldn't downright require incentive and rewards to not be disgusting to one another (I refuse to use the T word because I find it freaking hilariously overused). This system is basically sweeping the problem under the rug.

I don't expect Riot to deploy a crack team of psychiatrists to try and alchemize garbage to gold, but throwing treats at them to get them to shut up just seems like we're freaking rewarding them for being terrible people. This isn't a smart system so much as a gauze patch to try and lessen the symptom.

Don't try to hide it. This system wasn't made to reward us nice guys, it was made to discourage wrongdoing by positive reinforcement. It isn't for us, it's for them. It's for the jerks. They're still jerks and just hiding it really well. They're still getting rewards, they're still playing the game, they still exist in the community and are now practicing their hiding-in-plain-sight game. That's the problem.

Of course, there doesn't seem to have ever been a system that actually does fix this problem.

I'm not trying to say we should remove this system, hell it probably won't even have to undergo much of a reform to be more effective, but I am saying that a lot of you need to stop sheeping into 'BEST SYSTEM EVAR NO FLAWS TOTAL WORKING COMMUNITY ISH SO MUCH BETTAR NAO' and, I dunno, think about it a bit more.

FrozenStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Hey Lyte,

Just wanted to give a shout that, just anecdotally, I've been seeing a significant increase in the positive attitudes of my teammates, and a slight decrease in the negative attitudes, since this launched. I'd been asking for this feature for a long time, and I'm exceedingly grateful its finally here (and working well!)

Big congratulations in order for you and Team Player Behavior ^-^

Nikanoru

10-09-2012

Legitimize ARAM and/or allow for honor in ARAM please. ARAM is the only reason I play anymore and I'd like to earn some.

Nutshell

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is true, if a player got 95% of his Honor from premades and only 5% of his Honor from strangers, it would seem suspicious by the system.

Would you consider making so that you can only give honor to a certain person once or twice a day? I wouldn't want to get my honor removed for only playing with my friends, who would honor me every game.

Eletale

10-09-2012

I can certainly feel that overall attitude has been less rage prone after the implementation of honor.

ConebreadIH

10-09-2012

I've noticed people being alot more polite in every area, from champ select to the actual game.

Been kinda nice.