Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiderParadox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The hardest Honor to get right now is Helpful.
Yeah, it seems that "Helpful" is somewhat narrow and if you know what you're doing (or at least think you do) you're not likely to think someone is "helpful"

It feels like "Teamwork" is the most popular simply because people have a strong desire to give honor to skilled players and "Teamwork" is the closest translation to "skilled"

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
15 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeftyChimp View Post
Hey Lyte! I have question. My Friend went to play a Coop-vs AI match the other day, and after the match he got 2 honorable opponents points! Is this possible?
It's possible because sometimes you'll earn Honor from a previous game, but not receive the notification until a game later.

JaceTheBlue

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Quote:
Forcing players to choose only 1 Honor category was an intentional choice we made to analyze some of the behavioral responses to Honor. In the sciences, this is known as an "Alternative Forced Choice" paradigm [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-alt...forced_choice]

Feel free to take a guess about why we chose this method
If I had to guess I would say the only reason to force a choice would be to see which is more important to the community

Predakhan

10-09-2012

Is it ok to tell people you are going to give them honor before the game ends?

We had a situation where our team had a dc but we hung in there and pushed the other tem to 50 minutes before we finally lost. One of our team mates said he was going to give us honor for hanging in there and not giving up. Is this ok?

Bendak

10-09-2012

@Lyte - What took Honor so long to be implemented? I've been seeing drafts of the Honor Initiative, even by Red posts, over the last year and a half.

WhackedRak

10-09-2012

What does exemplary mean? Because I don't think it means what everyone thinks it means.

From what I've gathered, the system is so new that it's become more about it being a nice thing to do to honor people than the people actually being honorable.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as more and more people are being nice, but I somewhat expected honoring to be rarer than it actually is with talker downers and true leaders to be distinguished more in the rare cases they happen.

Have you cross-referenced chat-logs with honored summoners to determine what percentage of them actually deserve the title of "exemplary"?

King Sofa GG

10-09-2012

When ever I get honored I always know who honored me, rather its from a foe or a teammate, is this a psychological effect on being nice to some people?

NoneLikeRob

10-09-2012

Riot, once again you people amaze me! Good work on the honor system, from personal experience I have definitely noticed a change in the overall cummunity. I am not one for much chat, communicate the necessities to the team and be done with it, but it was always SO hard not to just explode on those trolls constantly trying to bait you in. This system is fine work, and I think we are only going to see more and more improvements as you guys continue work on it. Once again, thank you Riot for doing all you guys can to provide a fun and grief free playing environment. (Oh, and even though they lost...TSM 4 LIFE!)

roflpwnstar

10-09-2012

I love the new honor system.. i personally have enjoyed the game much more now that there is less verbal abuse and teammates are actually cooperating together. League of Legends has brought me more laughter and positive vibes ftw

Cirrusstrafe

10-09-2012

Quote:
The most striking thing to us is the percentage of players that had previous Tribunal histories or toxic pasts... but are actually earning Honor and cleaning up their acts.

We originally designed Honor to make it easier to be good than toxic; however, we hypothesized that these mechanisms would mainly nudge 'neutral' players to be good instead of bad. For now, it's looking like some previously toxic players have done a full 180 and are doing everything they can to earn Crests. Since we're so early in the Honor Initiative, I want to collect more data before I talk about this phenomenon specifically.
Alternatively, the Tribunal was open to massive abuse and most people reported for bloody everything, or randomly, or whenever, or always, so a lot of decent people got hammered--especially if they are good at the game--.

Call me a pessimist (I prefer realist) but this seems more to me like it is highlighting those that were unfairly smashed in the Tribunal system.

That, or you guys finally scared the jerks into behaving, which I doubt.