Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deadlinezero

02-08-2013

I wish we could have all four ribbons shown. If we had them that is.

EliteSolarius

02-08-2013

Riot if u guys are listening to this message.
Some people have over 100+ honor in team work or honorable opponent, they don't have any ribbons..

calicfer

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We're seeing a huge abundance of Honorable Opponent Crests for players around 1100-1300 Elo. We're looking into it but if you look at Ranked or high Elo Normal Modes, only about 5-10% of players have unlocked the Crest.
It seems people are using the honor button less these days. Is the honor initiative still working?

Also, Should the honor system only look at the past 100 to 200 games played?

Frank111

02-08-2013

this system sounds good, but actually ...

pengoa

02-08-2013

Were there any adjustments to account for the huge drop in people using the honor buttons after its initial novelty wore off?

If the same amount of honor is still required to get a crest now compared to right at release, it would be vastly more difficult to earn a crest now. Way less people are giving honor nowadays.

SomeAsianDude

02-08-2013

I dislike how, I earned the Teamwork Ribbon first, but after awhile I logged on and I had the red one. I wanted to keep the team work one that I earned first because few have it.

AraelFairlance

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp As A Champ View Post
Lyte, I have heard you cannot obtain a second honor badge once have your first one. Is this true or can anyone confirm this?
Mine just changed from honorable to teamwork yesterday. So... yeah, it can change.

I am The Ender

02-08-2013

Dr. Lyte, I really appreciate this system and your attentiveness to the responses on this thread. Thank you.
I have a bad memory, and by the end of a long game, i cannot remember who saved my bacon early game or who gave me the ping that saved my life or who told me that there was a scroll bar on the new recommended items list. is there any way to flag a player for honor mid game so i can remember to honor them post-game?

Thanks for putting your hard earned degree to use improving gamer's lives!

Beldori

02-09-2013

A few thoughts on the honor system,besides when it first came out and those that think its the coolest thing to get(more power to them) ive seen very mixed results,both good and toxic plays atleast that have said anything ive seen dont see a point to either honor folks or care they get honored,pretty much no incentive to them and im in turn to agree with that partly for my second point.

With they way the system, atleast from what i observed, works you have to keep a consistant flow of honor for said crest you have let alone to get in the first place which i understand why since that in its self is incentive but for those like myself who do good regardless but don't play as many game in say a week or those that arent playing consistantly it becomes a whats the point in doing it kind of thing

I dont bring this up to advocate attaching IP or RP as incentive, more to understand these flaws.Yes we all should do good cause it is the right thing to do but if i can be neutral while spending no extra effort because i have no reason to spend that extra effort then whats the point, the honor system really doesnt seem to support the point that i should put that extra effort in since its pretty much a pat on the back(again asking this to make a point, not that i play like this)

tanuki35

02-09-2013

i dont really get it, so having over 100 teamwork get me nothing? darn, how many do i need?