Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eleshakai

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We expected some amount of extra trolling (and this may change), but so far we aren't seeing too much trolling targeted at Crest holders. You might be just unlucky
Well I truly appreciate the replies. I still think you should consider allowing us to make the choice. Rewards feel much more rewarding when they're not forced on you

endercase

10-14-2012

What about honor %, the amount of honor per game you play (after honor was implemented). Will that ever factor in to anything?

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Quote:
Right now, about 70% of all Honor exchanges is given by strangers to strangers. It's hard to conclude whether this is a healthy rate, but it's something we keep close eyes on.
A few things:

Do you feel this is creating any rifts in the community (such that those with crests are being targeted more for harrassment)?

Also, are you seeing a decline in the amount of honor people are giving to each other? Without incentives to do so, I can't help but think people will stop caring enough to keep honoring people.

Kthth

10-15-2012

As I mostly play custom ARAM games I can't gain any Honor.

Any plans to make an ARAM queue or to be able to give Honor on custom games Lyte?

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Right now, about 70% of all Honor exchanges is given by strangers to strangers.
...Which would be a really fascinating piece of information if we could put it in context with the average number of strangers to any particular player in a given match. Well, I guess non-strangers is probably a better number to use (some 0.6 [or whatever] reads a more cleanly than 8.4 would).

Apollinarius

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YurdleTheTurtle View Post
Yo Professor Doctor Lyte!

Sorry if this has been answered before (Do not have time to go through all the Riot posts from this as well as other threads), but how do you feel about the rate at which Honor is being given out, both with friends and strangers?

I noticed that strangers rarely give out honor. I also noticed that when they do, it is in a pattern similar to reporting people. That is, people are more likely to honor when they win the game and tend to give it to teammates. Reporting is similar in that people are more likely to report when they lose and again it tends to be against their teammates.

I haven't changed my behaviour much after honor was implemented because I've always been "nice" (no insulting, generally positive, helpful when I need to be, etc.), so I'm somewhat certain it's not my behaviour that causes the lack of honor. I suppose I could go the extra cheesy route and say "gj" at everything, but that seems unnecessary.
As far as the behavior of people giving honor and reporting goes, I would agree with your observations, but I don't find that surprising or to be an issue. People in a good mood (having just won a game) are more likely to give positive feedback to others in the form of honor. People in a bad mood who just lost are more likely to give negative feedback in the form of reports.

As for your comment about "extra cheesy route" that gives positive feedback whenever anything good happens, I have to disagree with you. Even mediocre and downright bad players (everyone in my elo is technically bad if 1250 is average) can make good plays from time to time. It may have been blind luck, but it feels good to have your success recognized. One of the reasons we play with other people is so that we can experience the happiness that comes from someone else recognizing our good work.

Saying "gj" when nothing happens is bad. But saying "gj" when the guy escapes a gank he would never have been in danger of had he warded is still a good thing. Saying "gj" when a guy gets his first or second kill in lane is good. Saying "thanks" when a support comes mid to ward a gank path so you can stay in lane longer is something that will help your team enjoy their game more. At the end of the day, if it's a loss, you're unlikely to get any honor. But being extra nice helps your team more than being regular nice and it will increase the amount of honor you get if your team wins.

vJac

Recruiter

10-15-2012

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but here's the list:

Green - Obtained through Teamwork Honor - Great Teammate;
Yellow - Obtained through Friendly Honor - Great Leader;
Blue - Obtained through Helpful Honor - Great Mentor (?)
Red - Obtained through Honorable Opponent - Honorable Opponent.

Helpful's name is not sure because I haven't seen a person with it yet.

deathTOeXistenZ

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urista92 View Post
I got a big message saying that I have been recognized for being an honorable opponent, but have yet to receive the crest. What's up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippenworstje View Post
Lyte,
I hope u can help me with my question :
I had a screen which said i was one of the most honorable summoners in League Of Legends,
does this mean i get a ribbon ? because i ain't got one .
thanks for ur time already ,

Summoner name : openward ( EUW server )
I am having the same issue. I got the message when I logged in saying that I was one of the most honorable opponents, but then I never saw the crest. Someone on the other team mentioned seeing it and asked me what it was so I explained it to him, so I think the problem is that only the other team can see your "Honorable Opponent" crest. This is kind of silly, as I don't even know if I still have it now, might as well let you and your team see it too.

BlitzballJecht

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathTOeXistenZ View Post
I am having the same issue. I got the message when I logged in saying that I was one of the most honorable opponents, but then I never saw the crest. Someone on the other team mentioned seeing it and asked me what it was so I explained it to him, so I think the problem is that only the other team can see your "Honorable Opponent" crest. This is kind of silly, as I don't even know if I still have it now, might as well let you and your team see it too.
deathToeXisten,
I got that message as well and i cant see mine either i wonder just as u do and agree on that. If anyone can shed more light to this plz help us out

Dorryza

10-15-2012

Quick question, and sorry if this has already been asked and answered:

Honor given out by friends is worth less, and if you give it to your friends, then you'll run the risk of being "caught" for trading.

So, does playing premades actually reduce your net honor?

-Thanks