Does it ever get better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost9364

04-02-2014

Okay this is a story of my game today. i number point where i question my teammates choices

So i am in silver 4 and i dont think i have ever been matched with against another silver 4 if i have then it was a rare moment.I like to think the higher you go the better the players but recently not so much. i have learn to play every role just so i can give my teammate their pref role. I am in a game against a nidalee as a katarina mid so i get a dfg as my first buy because the jungle ww said "Let her push i will gank at 6" during this time i got ganked by jarv4 three times while somehow surviving. by roughly lv 11 ww finally comes to gank and asks me to ult first(point 1). I am confused because i could 100 - 20 nid so his ult would have made dfg ult combo real easy. i tell him to ult first so rather than coming from behind where he was he comes around for a lane gank(point 2). Nid just runs away the moment she sees him. The enemy makes a mistake and i manage to get a nice clean up and suddenly my teammates decide its time to surrender at 20 (point 3) , i obviously vote no because we had a chance and fiora starts split pushing bot. i say leave fiora lets draw attention while she kills tower (that op e )yet my teamates went to push with her even though she already 1v1 their fed adc and killed her(point 4) at this point the enemy starts baron so we go in and kill j4. i expected a steal cause ww just stood outside the baron pit and their jungler was dead. a flash smite was possible but he refused saying he didnt want to die (point 5). So another surrender comes in and i say lets just wait it out (point 6) ww decides he wants his blue even though we dont have vision. i tell him to comeback and he calls me a silver noob. I have never flamed anyone in lol (in chat at least ) because i know it can set some people off and make them worst .
i later go into a game where there was a silver 2 player making the calls there were some bad ones but alot of good ones and even the bad we turned around. Now i have to wonder why that person is in silver 2 and a ww that doesnt want to gank with his ult is in gold5. well thats the story

SeCKS Egai

04-02-2014

Remember rank only goes so far. If I was willing to put in a few hundred ranked games I would probably have hit gold. Right now I'm just content that I've actually made a smooth climb out of bronze so that I can actually say I've done it since I placed siv 3 the previous season.

One thing that I found curious was that I would play with silvers that lacked serious game knowledge and yet I'd see bronzes dominate. It would eventually occur to me that people still climbing will be a bit more deceptively ranked, while as people who have several hundred games under their belt have generally hit a plateau.

Simply put, don't be surprised to see lower ranking players have better game sense.

Akromah

04-02-2014

You're complaining about the play of people that are in higher divisions...doesn't that seem a little ass-backwards?

Frost9364

04-03-2014

No, sorry if that is how it came across. What i meant was there are some people not willing to listen to anything you say just cause you are silver. it is kinda annoying to get anything you say ignored because you are a silver noob and dont know what you are saying. But honestly most of all i was just pissed. The reason is gold is where i aim to be at the end of the season, keep in mind his ult is what makes ww ganks so good and he refused to use it, also trading a river gank for a lane gank doesnt make any sense(IMO it is always better to come from behind the person especially if you are already in the river) and again i am rambling
Long story short, i like how the pros play and would like to play like them and i use to think to climb higher you had to understand the basics( i might sound like an ass but thats because i am still kinda pissed about the noob comment) keep in mind i dont expect pro lv of plays i am still very much new to this game but getting my opinion ignored by someone who doesnt know that a baron steal is worth the death or lane ganks are harder than river for most champions because i am a lower rank annoys the **** out of me so the title means is there a point you get to where people higher than you actually listen to you rather than call you a noob(it isnt bronze or silver)

Akromah

04-03-2014

It's not always better to come from behind or the side for multiple reasons.

1) Some champions are godly lane gankers
2) Some enemy champions are more susceptible to lane ganks
3) Lane ganks cannot be defended by wards

One of my realizations moving from gold to plat was that I needed to mix up my ganks a bit more. I started lane ganking more often to counter aggression and ganking at unorthodox angles. Some players are a little misguided when they gank (poor timing, impatience, mechanics, etc.) and then it just looks really damn awkward. Trust me...I'm diamond and I've played in silver games when I smurf and looked incredibly awkward in some of my ganks. I've even accidentally got my teammates killed at times and they were raging at me like I was bronze 5. You can't control that and you shouldn't waste time/thought on trying to change that.

You can change yourself, though..

1) Don't get butthurt about people calling you a noob. It's the internet. Harden yourself or it could affect your play
2) Focus on your own success and mistakes..mainly the mistakes. Become a more independent player. Still work with your teammates to the best of your ability but for NO REASON should you depend on anyone in solo queue if you want to climb. You can't expect silvers to play like pros and to be perfectly honest....they shouldn't play like pros because...
3) Pro games are WAY WAY WAY different than solo queue. It is not optimal to employ a lot of the pro approaches to the game in solo queue. Pros don't make mistakes but when they do...other pros employ SUPER well timed aggression to exploit SMALL mistakes and create windows of opportunity from them. In solo queue, windows of opportunity are ENORMOUS....especially in bronze/silver. You don't need to play like pros to exploit small mistakes. You don't need dicey dragon calls. You don't need madlife flashes for thresh hooks engages with lanterns. You don't need to be fancy. You need to play fundamentally well and exploit the mistakes of others. Trust me...there will be plenty of opportunities.
4) It doesn't get better in diamond. As you get higher in ELO, the egos and bigheads get bigger. Everyone thinks they're right. It's just human nature :/

TL;DR...don't worry about others...worry about yourself

If you found me helpful please support me by liking, commenting, and subscribing to my jungle coaching youtube channel by clicking here and/or to my Twitch channel by clicking here. I put more time into helping players than actually playing TBH and I think I have a lot to teach. Thanks!

Frost9364

04-03-2014

thnx for the advice i will try my best to follow it