Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How bad does the PVP.NET Client Lag for you?

OMFG I'M SIGNING OFF NOW! 66 46.48%
This lag sux! 57 40.14%
A little. 9 6.34%
None at all. 10 7.04%
Voters 142 .

FIX THE LAG (Customer Demand)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Villiroth

04-13-2011

Yes, we demand that Riot pushes that imaginary "EASY" button they stole from Staples. DU EET NAO!

Caffran Dercius

04-13-2011

Quote:
SumAussieCobber:
Just played 3 games with some BS lagg rang my ISP nothing wrong with there's or mine.. So why did i have 3 games of playing pax jax with ping of 223 and couldnt move for over 10-15 seconds..? anybody else getn that lagg?

^ That, and all the garbage that comes with it.

BestNickSabanNA

05-13-2011

Quote:
spank3dy0u:
Honestly i hate it, i lagg so much sometimes i get so frustrated to the point that i wanna break my computer screen bec i cant move from one spot to another..or click a certain spell i want to...like no other game laggs for me but this 1 serious fix it b4 i uninstall league of legends.

I have the same problem. I run WoW and SC2 on ultimate settings with 60 fps and no lag ever. I play this game and every time there's more than two heroes in one spot, I get horrible lag spikes and I just die. It is a serious problem and has me considering giving up on the game forever. I don't want to do this because it is fun when I don't lag, but it is starting to become unbearable. Also I have less than 100 latency constantly and 60 fps in all games. It is the client, not my computer or my internet.

adc

05-13-2011

My internet is flawless (if not the fastest). I can run just about anything I want over it, and consistently download at about 1.5 mb/s.

And then I open up a League of Legends game. Whenever more than two heroes begin throwing spells at each other back and forth, my client goes 'WOAH I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!', ****s the bed, and I lag for a good 20-30 seconds before the ENTIRE teamfight (or gank... or harassing the enemy hero... Or.... Killing a minion............) is done, only one person is alive, and he's already halfway across the map (having walked through several walls on my screen to get there).

Villiroth

05-13-2011

After my previous post I've been experiencing bouts of lag each game, usually at the start and about 10 mins in.

I also have to wait no less then 1 minute before getting to the post game screen, nvm the MUCH longer load times I'm experiencing(I used to load just as fast as a friend of mine, now hes often finished loading and I'm just hitting 30%)

Deags89

05-13-2011

In the same boat here, every other game still runs like a dream, even LoL use to run ok but not anymore.

Australian connection here so never was the best but use to average 190ms most of time with a peak of 215ms at the worst of times, but lately it seems to jump up 500ms or above and there's nothing i can do from my end to fix that.

SDanr

05-16-2011

I have had lag issues recently with this new launcher version, but usually only of the sort where I lag a couple of seconds every so often and the occasional disconnect from chat after the game is over. In the past I have just reconnected to chat without much trouble.

The lag I experienced tonight was a different beast, however. This new lag makes the game unplayable for me. In one game I had 2 lag spikes of at least 10 seconds each where I couldn't move, warn my teammates, or do anything.

And sometimes I get a lag spike of the same duration after the game is over, keeping me from interacting with some of the players in the room.

Sometimes I also get lag (that I never used to get) during team fights, where the gameplay is unresponsive.

There hasn't been any changes made to my computer or ISP, and the game was running fine up till the most recent launcher update.

AgentJohnCho

06-10-2011

too bad none of the nerds that made l.o.l are trying to fix this.

Taggerung Zeouth

10-03-2012

A major portion of my lagg issues stem from either my brother or I being in PVP.net causing major (600+) ping lagg. As soon as one of us gets out of PVP.net client, the lagg drops and rarely raises over 200 ping, most of the time staying on the low 2 digit marks. My only guess is that PVP.net client acts as a HUB instead of a swich, which means we get all the packets from the chat rooms, causing high bandwidth consumption, weather we like it or (most likely) not. Bear in mind that is just my hypothesis.