@BitSplosion:Mecha Kha'Zix Passive particle is too hard to notice. Too similar to Q/W

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

I'm talking about Unseen Threat. In his Classic Skin, upon procing it, you will get these "void energy balls" that also gives a very noticeable humming noise to tell you you proc'd it if you didn't notice the incredibly noticeable ball lightning. You notice it when you AA with it, and you notice it when you proc it using your evolved Void Spikes(W).

In his Mecha skin on the other hand, it becomes an orange-ish explosion. In my experience playing with and against Kha'zix, I noticed it was rather hard to tell whether he proc'd his Passive or not. It's an explosion with a slightly distinct sound. The problem is that his Taste their Fear(Q) is an explosion as well, and so is his Void Spike(W) in his Mecha skin. Both of those abilities are just variations of explosions. The Passive also being a variant of an explosion makes it too similar looking to him using his Q, so in the heat of a fight sometimes you can't really distinguish between his Taste Their Fear(Q) or him proc-ing his Passive. This is especially noticeable when using it with his evolved Void Spike(W).

In his Classic skin, you know exactly when you actually proc'd his Passive and on who. But with his Mecha skin, it's hard to tell who it hit, and it's too indistinguishable from from when you don't proc it anyways since they're all just slightly different explosions. Couldn't his Passive in his Mecha skin be some sort of beam saber-y zappy noise instead of another explosion to set it apart from his Q and W? Why is his Q an explosion anyways when he's just swiping with his claws?!

Asides from that, congratulate the artists who created Kha'zix. He managed to make a champion and skin so cool....that I'm drawn into playing him no matter how weak he is...

Also, while I'm at it, I might as well ask.

Quote:
VOID SPIKE: Kha'Zix fires spikes that explode on contact, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies. Kha'Zix is healed if he is within the explosion radius.
I don't know who designed his particles. But in what way does THIS(0:40) remotely look like an explosion to you? It looks like some energy gently radiating upon impact of his spikes rather than...an explosion. Was there some communication problems between who designed the concept of the ability and the 3D particle artist?

And what's the bright idea naming his Q "Taste their Fear"? Why not "Reave" or "Reaping Slice" or something? How would Poppy feel if her "Devastating Blow" was named "Really wants to Bash Them" instead?

DoozleDorf

10-09-2012

/agree

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

You bring up a couple points, but the only one I agree with is Mecha Kha'Zix's passive explosion being almost completely unnoticeable. His spike explosion particles and the name "taste their fear" is just fine (I actually really like this name).

Also his only weak point is his early game, as his W and E are pretty underwhelming when unevolved, with w being almost completely useless, while he can't take advantage of his excellent scaling until late game.

Ginga

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayketh View Post
You bring up a couple points, but the only one I agree with is Mecha Kha'Zix's passive explosion being almost completely unnoticeable. His spike explosion particles and the name "taste their fear" is just fine (I actually really like this name).

Also his only weak point is his early game, as his W and E are pretty underwhelming when unevolved, with w being almost completely useless, while he can't take advantage of his excellent scaling until late game.
Harder than it sounds for an AD assassin :/

So you don't find anything off about the "explosion" of his void spikes?

Ginga

Recruiter

10-09-2012

bump!

This issue is quite noticeable...what's the idea of making it an explosion anyways? His Q being an explosion is weird enough considering what it's supposed to be.

Ginga

Recruiter

10-09-2012

oi wth people....

Duthar

10-09-2012

It's hard to tell by looks if the passive procced or not. The only reliable way with his Mecha skin is to just take a quick glance at your buffs and see if your passive is still there or not.

I think a more electric-like effect would be nice. Like a loud zap coupled with a brief flash.

Ginga

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Yep, that's what I think too....

But I think the spark would fit his Q rather well too. :/

Why is his Q also an explosion to begin with? Look at what he's doing. What's the deal with the explosion?

Ginga

Recruiter

10-11-2012

So.................I take it not many people notice this since you rarely see Kha'zix, let alone his skin. :/

Atleast explain why everything has to be an explosion in his Mecha skin. Aren't lasers and electricity also very common aspects of mechas?

Ginga

Recruiter

10-11-2012

A final bump!

Bugs me how rarely played champion with an even rarer skin never gets any attention because it's.......................rare. :/