The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
"That would be true Anivia. I would not stand such a place. But these things...they've razed desert cities in Shurima and left nothing but corruption and death. Those who are...strong. Their clear leaders. They treat it like a conquest. Just another war front. You're free to make that judgement but I would sooner fight then even attempt any sort of diplomacy. Talking is a sure fire way to get thralled."
"Tekun, while I appreciate your concern, I am a creature of magical energy. I am no more likely to be enthralled by the void than I am the shadow isles." She shakes her head sadly. "I am well aware of the corruption that the voidborn have spread through the desert. I have no doubt that those entering our plane now do so with the goals of consuming all in our world. But you yourself said that the Void is an infinite plane. If the void truly is a place of absolute evil and malice, if its entire will becomes bent on destroying what we hold dear, surely we will fall. It is impossible to fight a limitless force. I will fight for this world, but I hesitate to plunge it into a war that shall never end."

Nwol

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
"Tekun, while I appreciate your concern, I am a creature of magical energy. I am no more likely to be enthralled by the void than I am the shadow isles." She shakes her head sadly. "I am well aware of the corruption that the voidborn have spread through the desert. I have no doubt that those entering our plane now do so with the goals of consuming all in our world. But you yourself said that the Void is an infinite plane. If the void truly is a place of absolute evil and malice, if its entire will becomes bent on destroying what we hold dear, surely we will fall. It is impossible to fight a limitless force. I will fight for this world, but I hesitate to plunge it into a war that shall never end."

"There are always ways to keep even the darkest of forces at bay and it doesn't need to involve an eternal war either. Don't fret Anivia."

-Tekun Valos

Dear Cryophoenix

11-05-2012

Quote:
"There are always ways to keep even the darkest of forces at bay and it doesn't need to involve an eternal war either. Don't fret Anivia."

-Tekun Valos
Anivia shakes her head. "How long have you been fighting, Tekun? Centuries? And how much closer are you to sealing away that threat forever? I am no hatchling. I've watched entire civilizations attempt to end each other, and mourned over the bloody aftermath. I was even sealed away myself as you might think to contain the demons of the void, yet here I stand." She extends her wings as if to prove her words, taking up much of the room. "Forgive me if I mistrust those who would use only violence to end violence." Her voice holds not scorn but slight disappointment as she refolds her wings and looks away from the warrior before her.

Nwol

11-05-2012

Quote:
Anivia shakes her head. "How long have you been fighting, Tekun? Centuries? And how much closer are you to sealing away that threat forever? I am no hatchling. I've watched entire civilizations attempt to end each other, and mourned over the bloody aftermath. I was even sealed away myself as you might think to contain the demons of the void, yet here I stand." She extends her wings as if to prove her words, taking up much of the room. "Forgive me if I mistrust those who would use only violence to end violence." Her voice holds not scorn but slight disappointment as she refolds her wings and looks away from the warrior before her.
"Since the early days of my life. And the threat itself will always be present but I would be a fool to deny that we haven't made progress. I can say that some demons I've encountered are gone and will never return." He stares with no hesitation. "Why is it wrong for me to fight for this plane? Against those who threaten it?"

Dear Cryophoenix

11-06-2012

Quote:
"Since the early days of my life. And the threat itself will always be present but I would be a fool to deny that we haven't made progress. I can say that some demons I've encountered are gone and will never return." He stares with no hesitation. "Why is it wrong for me to fight for this plane? Against those who threaten it?"
"It is not wrong to fight for the people of this world. That is a cause that I too have joined. However; it is na´ve to believe that we can end a power on the scale of the void by show of force alone." She steps forward, looking deeply into the warrior's eyes, as if searching for something. The unmoving crystalline glow of her own eyes would remind him that she was no more of this world than the demons he fought. "Could you even accept a peace with these creatures now?"

Nwol

11-06-2012

Quote:
"It is not wrong to fight for the people of this world. That is a cause that I too have joined. However; it is na´ve to believe that we can end a power on the scale of the void by show of force alone." She steps forward, looking deeply into the warrior's eyes, as if searching for something. The unmoving crystalline glow of her own eyes would remind him that she was no more of this world than the demons he fought. "Could you even accept a peace with these creatures now?"
"Yeah. I could accept a peace. There are times I forget where there a handful of those among our ranks. Things alien and from other parts of a largely hostile and wicked place. Exceptions." Tekun never once broke eye contact as his gaze remained transfixed on the glow of her eyes, unwavering.

Dear Cryophoenix

11-07-2012

Quote:
"Yeah. I could accept a peace. There are times I forget where there a handful of those among our ranks. Things alien and from other parts of a largely hostile and wicked place. Exceptions." Tekun never once broke eye contact as his gaze remained transfixed on the glow of her eyes, unwavering.
Anivia is surprised to hear of the unlikely allegiance, but does not look away. "You fight alongside them? Then you must know that some of what I say is true. If their entire plane is as evil as you say, then surly this world must be doomed. I should like to speak to one of these 'exceptions' some day." Somehow satisfied, she looks away the room, now coated in a pristine coat of ice.

CyroCore Brand

11-26-2012

What does it feel like to be in your egg on the fields?

~Kegan Rodhe

Suripi Okami

11-27-2012

Umm....hello miss Anivia.....,I always wondered something,how many types of phoenix are there?

Dear Cryophoenix

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyroCore Brand View Post
What does it feel like to be in your egg on the fields?

~Kegan Rodhe

To be honest with you, Kegan, I am largely unaware during the process. Upon my death, all of the magic within me is released simultaneously, destroying my previous mind and body body. This magical energy rapidly coalesces into the egg that you see on the on the field. Beneath that protective shell flow little but the chaotic torrents of magical energy that I command as they desperatly attempt to rebuild my body. My recollections from this time are like fevered dreams, as my memories through the eons fall back into place. Even as my mind begins to clear near the end of the process, I find myself too overwhelmed by the recollection of my own death to recall much of the sensation.

On the fields of justice, however my psyche is inexorably linked to that of the summoner controlling me. Even in a state of death, I can feel the tug of the summoners frantic urgings. Blind to the world, dazed by the screached commands into my half-formed mind, and crippled by the pain of death, I can do nothing but allow the magic to take its course. These seemingly unending moments are more terrifying and chaotic than you could imagine, or I can properly describe.

It isn't until I burst forth that I am truely cognizant of my own body again. Refreshed and envigorated by my newfound youth, the torment of half-knowing is instantly burned away as I get ready to face my foes.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suripi Okami View Post
Umm....hello miss Anivia.....,I always wondered something,how many types of phoenix are there?
Anivia tilts her head sideways as a newcome enters her adobe, then bows slightly in greeting. "Hello there, young one. There is no need for shyness: my doors are always open, and I am more than willing to whatever questions you may have. On my homeworld, there were many forms of Phoenix. As a rule, we are all attuned to a particular natural force, as I am a Phoenix of ice. Each of our aptitudes, personalites, and manifestation of elemental control, however, are quite different. While I've mentioned before the Pheonix of fire, water, wind, earth, and electricity before, there are entire classes within each group. In reality, it is very rare that you see two phoenix that are completely alike in their elemental, just as you might have difficulty destribing how many types of humans there are on this planet."