Riot did it. They referenced JonTron.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmikau View Post
"Hey look, a reference to one of the most widely regarded worst movies ever made...must actually be a reference to a random internet personality!"
JonTron is much more than just a random internet personality! He is a grump but not so grump.

Lets Go Home

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Somehow I doubt that they were referencing some unfunny random youtube loser instead of a movie that is known to be bad. Especially when they didn't say anything about said youtube waste of bandwidth.

Just saying.

Titan0machy

10-09-2012

This is actually awesome, I subbed D:

Stayer

10-09-2012

Every time we see the eagle anivia the 'birdemic anivia' jokes come out. I think it shoots acid too.

jakeoti

10-09-2012

Birdemic is a hilariously bad movie...if you can stand the bird noises. They are so constant that they become genuinely annoying.

Also, JonTron was hardly the first to review it. The first one I saw review it was ThatGuyWiththeGlasses member Obscurus Lupa, and even then she might not have been the first. Jon even references the film in his Nuts and Bolts vid, which he did before the review.

Calderweiss

10-09-2012

Birdemic is the fakest movie I've ever seen.