Should Riot Implement A Free Champion Selection Poll?

Yes. 7 87.50%
No. 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot: Free Rotations Should Have Community Input

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bork Hammer 40k

10-09-2012

The Free Rotations are awesome. They gives new players a chance to try a nice sampling of champions, and for some of us long time players, they give us a chance to try the newer champions, and champions we have yet to buy. Also, a lot of times, champions that only cost 450 IP find their way into the rotation. This is kind of silly as it takes maybe 3 games to get those champions, and while I understand a lot of the newbies haven't had a chance to try those champions, it keeps the majority of players from experiencing other more expensive champions. Another thing, many champions have a high free to play rate. By this I mean that many champions are constantly free sometimes every other week, and sometimes once a month. As of right now I'm not going to go do any statistics, but at some point I might go back and review the past 6 months or even the past year.

Now, how can Riot fix this for the huge player base, in such a way that everyone has their voice heard? I propose that a poll be implemented so that the entire player base has a chance to get their input on who should be free to play each week. I think the goal should be to have a completely different rotation for each week within a month (i.e. a single champion does not go free to play more than once during any given month). This would, in my opinion, allow for the largest sampling of champions and a great number of people would have their way. Also maybe some of the next highest voted champions for one week are recommended as selections for the next week.

Does anyone else want to see a feature like this?

Manouso

10-09-2012

I think free week champs are mostly for new players and letting a low level try a 1350 champ before buying is more beneficial that a level 30 trying a 6300 champ who they already have an idea about.

That being said there are a few champs that never seem to see the light of day in free week land.
I think maybe we should get to vote on maybe 2-3 leaving riot to keep most of their preferred champs in the line up and we get our say as well.

Just my two cents

Lørd Abel

10-09-2012

And the champion/ski sales.

You know something is wrong when the last 10 sales had 100+ down votes on it.

Bork Hammer 40k

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrd Abel View Post
And the champion/ski sales.

You know something is wrong when the last 10 sales had 100+ down votes on it.
Agreed, the sales have been lackluster recently. But at the same time sales are a bit different from free to play rotations.

Bork Hammer 40k

10-09-2012

Bump