How to not win at League of Legends: Soraka

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iEatCookiez

10-09-2012

Are you serious.... go play ad support soraka

GoGoGadget

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnLocTov View Post
Soraka sucks (Abbreviated)
You obviously haven't seen some of the good Sorakas in higher levels of play. Take a look at the way "a little jenny" (~2.1k ELO) plays soraka. She picks soraka INTO a kill lane, and wins (she has won lanes against aphros smurf as well) solely because of her soraka.

If you think the optimal way to play Soraka is as a 0/9/21 support, who should run 5 gold/10 runes, sit back, and heal, then I am afraid you are sorely mistaken.

You are exemplifying the reason that soraka is a good pick if you know how to play her (like jenny does). If you pick soraka, run a tanky rune page, maybe with some AP, run 29 in defence, and pit her against a kill lane, eg. a blitz lane, and get heal/exhaust, you effectively turn your soraka lane into a kill lane. Why? How? Because a lane with a tank-specced soraka in it will always come out on top against lanes that try to kill her.

Before you downvote me because I'm saying something that is uncommon, make sure you add the high elo players "a little jenny" or "Nhat Nguyen" and ask them about the situation of soraka at the moment.

Primanocte

10-09-2012

OP is a moron.

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

you forget a good reason to pick soraka... Silence machine, and movable blue golem ._. a champion with good harrassing can keep the enemy at distance because soraka will heal their mana all the time, they don't even need to go back since soraka can heal any dmg...

Silence machine on teamfights, making the AP carry completely useless for almost 2 seconds, 4v5? yes please. On top of that, Starcall shreds the enemy MR making your own AP carry hit harder. Not to mention that naturally Soraka gives MR aura equal to a null mantle, plus LOTS of armor from her heal...

She's all about defense, though I agree that if she gets stunlocked she's done. also if her whole team dies and she's alone she's the MOST useless champion ever.

Peacemaker9669

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnLocTov View Post
3 No. No. No. Not even close. In some situations, the silence can be as good, even a little better. This is only vs casting reliant champions and again, the only offensive use of this is to prevent people from using escapes. Also, Taric stunning the AD carry is a big deal when trading in lane. Soraka silencing them really doesn't even matter.
You don't always have to silence the AD carry. You can silence the support and effectively reduce the damage in a kill lane while providing enough defense for your AD carry to escape or deal damage. Besides, Some AD carries are made to be passive (ex. Ashe) because their late game is strong. I agree that it is annoying to fight against Soraka lane because of her heals and sustain, but I don't think it's an instant lose for picking Soraka. If Soraka heals whoever the other team is focusing, it makes it harder to kill that person of focus. 105 armor for 3 seconds is a lot of time for a fight. It used to be 5 secs but they nerfed that because it was so OP. 5 secs of a free frozen heart armor buff in a fight is so strong. Just buff tank as he's about to initiate and now he's nearly impossible to kill if he has tanky items. Then, as the fight is about to end, the heal is almost off CD. They jump to your AD carry, you heal AD carry and now AD carry can survive longer in a fight. With 3 secs, it's a little bit more balanced in my opinion as now she requires more of a skill to know what target is important to heal in a fight. I don't think she's useless late game at all. If you want to focus Soraka, she may die, but your team will take a lot of damage as it will be hard to kill her if she buffs herself. Switching focus after Soraka heals is also hard to do with random people. It's quite hard to get your whole team to switch focus without good communication.

Stephenn

10-09-2012

Soraka is good you must be ignorant to not see that lol, a huge armor buff/good heal, a nice silence that can do decent damage/giving mana back to your team a global ult to heal your whole team/get your assists quicker = more gold

yup must be oh so bad because the whole agro playstyle started kicking in..

Alsonia

10-09-2012

Soraka is strong for trades early game; her W scales very well Ez/Soraka terror.

Boyahda

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post

How many times was soraka picked in the most recent tournament?
Pretty much this. I don't even her in normal games anymore even with the new look. Riot policy must be nerf until no one uses said hero (remember Urgot?). Mission Accomplished.

Vsin

10-09-2012

Play Soraka like a pre-6 Sona. So long as you can't be 100-0ed, you auto-win the lane because the opponents can't CS due to harass, nor win trades because you just out-sustain them in every way.

Granted, maybe 2000 elo players are better about nomming on exposed squishies before they can react, but from experience I can win lanes pretty darn hard with Soraka. Although I do agree that she can't lategame for ****.

Alsonia

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Play Soraka like a pre-6 Sona. So long as you can't be 100-0ed, you auto-win the lane because the opponents can't CS due to harass, nor win trades because you just out-sustain them in every way.

Granted, maybe 2000 elo players are better about nomming on exposed squishies before they can react, but from experience I can win lanes pretty darn hard with Soraka. Although I do agree that she can't lategame for ****.
I like Sona more than Soraka because she scales well into late game her ulti is a game changer.