Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why can't I give "Helpful" to my opponents? (not sarcasm)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

10-08-2012

The definition given by the system is "Any summoner who helped you learn more about champions, abilities, items or strategies on the Fields of Justice."... an enemy Kayle just taught me how lifesteal interacts with her ultimate, why can't I give her helpful for that (I was previously of the understanding it was like Tryndamere)?

Also, somewhat related, I think you need different words for "helpful" with regards to "teamwork". Perhaps, "Knowledgeable" or "Resourceful"? Listening to my premades saying "And I'l give you helpful, because you helped us win but having no assists means it wasn't teamwork!".

SereneKiller

Recruiter

10-08-2012

I like this.

3mptylord

10-09-2012

Echorion

10-09-2012

I agree, I wish we could.
But imagine this. The enemy team has a player that feeds intentionally, and everyone tags them for helpful. Or the person feeds just because they expect people to.

A lot of players are honest and wouldn't do or support this, but unfortunately there are a lot who aren't.

Amrase

10-09-2012

Maybe not exactly these changes, but they'll probably refine it in some way.

3mptylord

10-09-2012

Quote:
Echorion:
I agree, I wish we could.
But imagine this. The enemy team has a player that feeds intentionally, and everyone tags them for helpful. Or the person feeds just because they expect people to.

A lot of players are honest and wouldn't do or support this, but unfortunately there are a lot who aren't.

Helpful means knowledge of the game, not how you played in a particular match. Someone who intentionally feeds would be "Teamwork", not "Helpful"... hypothetically, of course.

Deonsion

10-10-2012

In my opinion-- I've been helped out more by enemy teams than my own team 7 times out of 10. I go mid 80% of my games. And if I find a champ I am not that familiar with, I'll ask for some info after kills/deaths. Usually they'll fill me in. Same goes for the time that I lost my health bars and couldn't find the toggle key. The enemy team filled me in whilst my team just ignored me for 10 minutes.. So yeah. Often times the enemy team is nicer.

3mptylord

10-11-2012

I, myself, usually try to be a good sport. I make recommendation on builds for champions I play a lot, and particularly in Dominion: I'm always giving pro-tips to Akalis and Evelynns that neutral towers provide true sight as well as hostile towers. Oh, and how "you can't feed in Dominion!"... because I get a good feeling inside defending my enemy from bring accused of feeding in a game mode where you can't feed (if you don't believe me, look at the gold graphs after any game...).

Echorion

10-11-2012

Quote:
3mptylord:
Helpful means knowledge of the game, not how you played in a particular match. Someone who intentionally feeds would be "Teamwork", not "Helpful"... hypothetically, of course.

People won't treat it this way though, that is my point.

3mptylord

10-12-2012

Quote:
Echorion:
People won't treat it this way though, that is my point.

That is why I said they should also change the term "Helpful" to someone less misleading in my original post...