Guys, I love you. I don't want to see anyone disappointed. Lower your expectations.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

10-18-2012

The TT rework is amazing and plenty of people here are super excited about the possibilities for the Dominion rework.

First, the Dominion changes are pretty far away. Morello specifically said they were "on the horizon" in his interview at worlds. So, chill.

Second, Dominion is already a fairly new map, whereas TT existed on release. Dominion doesn't need a graphical overhaul, and while the layout isn't perfect, it probably won't see many significant changes.

Third, the TT items are very strong. I have used them personally and trust me when I say you do not want most of them on Dominion right now. The AD caster items give champions like Riven and Pantheon ludicrous sustain that makes them virtually unkillable and give them stupid, massive damage output, as if that isn't already a problem. Certain items like Diet Deathcap would be cool, but I don't think we're going to see anything new until bigger more holistic changes happen.

Last, Dominion's problems are systems-related and mechanics-oriented, meaning most of the changes are likely to be numbers tweaks and not large sweeping changes like the ones we've seen on TT.

The changes to Dominion will most likely be changes that make an already functional game mode more balanced, user friendly, and competitive. I doubt they're going to flip Dominion on its head.

DiscworldDeath

10-18-2012

I think the expectation is that something would happen, now that we see TT got some love. I don't think people are expecting TT level of changes.

Risemix

10-18-2012

I did address that one, too: it's still a very, very long time from now.

Phourc

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
Third, the TT items are very strong. I have used them personally and trust me when I say you do not want most of them on Dominion right now. The AD caster items give champions like Riven and Pantheon ludicrous sustain that makes them virtually unkillable and give them stupid, massive damage output, as if that isn't already a problem. Certain items like Diet Deathcap would be cool, but I don't think we're going to see anything new until bigger more holistic changes happen.
What really confuses me is that I seem to recall reading that AD/Vamp would be OP on bruisers and not really help casters, and Xyph was saying the best buff to AD casters would be making it so flat pen and % were switched back to how they were last season...

(I assume that's the sort of number tweaks you're talking about?)

And TT really got our Deathbeanie? -__-

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I'm already disappointed because of the DFG change, it's taking all of my will power to not spew tons of rage. I get it, the damage was a lot, but getting rid of the 15% CDR too? AP burst champs are just getting pushed further and further to the wayside. I hope that change really doesn't go through.

Tempestphile

10-18-2012

yea, the last thing they should consider on dominion is to make AD casters more powerful

NamKim

10-18-2012

If they were to do an art rework, it would probably be similar to what happened on SR, make the FPS be better for lower end machines. Which would be a good move since I have friends who have trouble playing Dominion due to its faster pace action but can play SR just fine. A major factor why they play SR instead of Dom.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Well i did liked the new treeline excepting for That Vandamnd thing; it is way too OP, Spell vamp, Cdr, 300 Health and AD on a single slot is nothing to scoff at specially because the numbers are high and the thing costs less than a Rabbadons I wouldn't like to see it on any map outside of treeline, i'd really like to see hatchet and blackfire torch and that sword that builds from a cutlass (which i can't recall the name) on Dominion though.

HaIfhearted

10-18-2012

I have to admit, most of those items look a tad too powerful for me to want to see them in Dominion.

Deathbeanie, I'd like to see, but most of the rest I'm not a fan of.