A little bit of clarification on honor crests

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Current info:
"Those are called Crests of Honor. It's possible to 'lose' them if you do not continue to be Honorable. The reason it does not take 100 or more Honor to unlock the Crests is because it's actually difficult to keep them. You have to continue to be Honorable game after game to stay a pillar of our community."

"Yes, you can lose Crests. We want to encourage players to be Honorable throughout their games and if you lose a Crest, you should be very close to re-earning it if you remain Honorable.

We made Crests temporary because we didn't want players to be able to permanently unlock them and potentially go on bad behavior or toxic sprees. One of the worst experiences you could have is someone who apparently embodies Honor in League of Legends and then verbally abuses you. This is also why we made sure that a player loses all their Honor if they are banned by the Tribunal--to us, a player who is truly Honorable should never be in the 1.5% of players who are punished by the Tribunal."

"Crests aren't based on Honor counts in your profile.

Honor assesses the value of all your exchanges to determine how Honorable you are compared to the rest of the population."

With this I worry that whoever has the most honor recieves the crests (Proportional to the rest of the community) I don't play this game as often as some, so I won't accumulate honor as fast. Is this based off of total honor, or honor/game ratio?

xMamoo

10-08-2012

"Crests aren't based on honor"

Kyuubey

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillmaster19 View Post
You only lose your honor if you get banned.
He's talking about the crests.
Look at Elementz
http://i.imgur.com/UiIs1.png

Demonize

10-08-2012

iirc it's based on frequency, so I guess honor/game, not total honor.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciƒer View Post
iirc it's based on frequency, so I guess honor/game, not total honor.
Could you provide a quote or something? I can't seem to find anything to that effect.

Also, those ARE direct quotes. Type them, in quotation marks, into google.

Koechophe

10-08-2012

bump

FluffyCacti

02-23-2013

You shouldnt be worried about high amounts getting the crests, because i have 9 teamwork honors, and earned a crest

Pokeobi

03-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyCacti View Post
You shouldnt be worried about high amounts getting the crests, because i have 9 teamwork honors, and earned a crest
So how does it work then? I am almost always honored in teamwork and honorable opponent but have never gotten a crest before.

Turtle vs Beaver

03-29-2014

Personally I'd love to see crests awarded for the top 1000 honored people. Sort of like how challenger tier works. I mean really would be a nice thing to see.