Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Launcher not Opening?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SakataAho

06-03-2013

http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe

DOWNLOAD THIS AND SAVE IT TO LEAGUEOFLEGENDS/RADS/SYSTEM REPLACE THE KERNEL DONE HAPPY GAMING GOT THIS PROBLEM TOO BUT THIS THING WORK FOR ME JUST ONCE AND STILL TODAY GOT THIS PROBLEM ON MY RADS KERNEL NOT RESPONING XHIT - - HOPE RIOT GET A NEW LAUNCHER ALREADY...

JIGGA1211

08-18-2013

i opened m y league of legends and it opened and updated then wen i press play its not showin anything its blank what should i do ?

Snowihakayda

08-18-2013

Quote:
dArtagnan:

The first and most common solution is to force the patcher to repatch itself. You can do this by deleting this folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher
If you chose a custom install path, the folder may be in a different location.

This worked for me.

doijonhitsugaya

09-04-2013

its stuck at the league of legends logo and "pvp.net patcher kernel is not responding" is the error message which comes
plz help

Bluejaked

09-04-2013

I humbly request loss forgiven, for being afk 20minutes because of this failure.
team refuses to surrender, as its a ranked game.

Macon

09-04-2013

Friend of mine got bug splat for like 10 tries trying to connect to the game, then didn't have enough time to repair so please give me loss forgiven.

ExtremeLifting

09-10-2013

Quote:
dArtagnan:
Hey Guys!

Thank you for bringing this issue to the Help and Support Forum! Double-clicking League of Legends and then having having nothing occur can really cause you to sit there scratching your head wondering: "wat"

Fortunately, this problem is most often caused by a failed self-patch of the patcher. Although we are working to resolve this issue there are a few known workarounds:

The first and most common solution is to force the patcher to repatch itself. You can do this by deleting this folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher
If you chose a custom install path, the folder may be in a different location.

Many players also fixed this problem by disabling the UAC(Windows Vista and Win7 Only)
Here is a short guide to disabling the UAC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/
- Be sure to use the "Never notify me when:" setting

Yet, if your Launcher still does not...launch, correctly, then please do not hesitate to let us know by submitting a new Support Ticket* so we may work with you one-on-one until arriving at a Full Resolution!

* Keep in mind that this advice was given based upon the information provided. If you would appreciate a further one-on-one interaction to solve this issue, make sure to send us a Support Ticket! You can send one from here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/tickets/new Also, if you could please provide a link to this forum thread in the new ticket, it would be incredibly helpful!
It wont let me delete the folder

Tyridel

09-10-2013

Quote:
Grammer:
I repaired files and every time i try and launch nothing happens, when i try and open again it says client is already running. This is really frustrating I have no idea what to do. Please help me riot !!!!

Means the patcher didn't shut down correctly (for the client is already running), start task manager and kill the LolCient (i think it's called)

For the others, easiest way i found was to repair...doens't take long and for some reason fixes it.

Butterz

10-10-2013

Same with me, try to open it and it just doesn't respond. Is there a fix for this yet?

NamiMina

10-13-2013

I've tried all options stated above, nothing works.
I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing.
This is exactly what happens: I double click the League icon on my desktop, the League of Legends logo appears for about 2-5 seconds (it varies) and then it disappears and the launcher doesn't open.