Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Reds, closing political related posts in OFF TOPIC.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowDark

10-08-2012

I can't tell if this is a serious thread or a casual chat about crappy TV.

KonFewShuN

10-08-2012

Quote:
ShadowDark:
I can't tell if this is a serious thread or a casual chat about crappy TV.

it was srs, not that any reds would actually post giving a legitimate reason for closing threads that belong in off topic, that are posted in off topic, and aren't heated/vulgar topics.

Microgravituss

10-08-2012

Will The Real Mitt Romney Please Stand Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxch-yi14BE).

ShadowDark

10-08-2012

Meh, it's Riot's prerogative to arbitrarily close any thread they want to on their forums.

Reconsul

10-08-2012

goldman sachs was all like "i don't care if its got +85 votes. Close that thread!" na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2653900 (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2653900)

Dobagoh

10-08-2012

ITT people don't know what a First Amendment is.

Kodoku

10-08-2012

Free speech is about severely limiting the ability for the government to censure your speech. It has nothing to do with your speech being restricted in a private forum.

Though closing political threads is pretty typical. If anything the mods are quite lenient towards questionable topics on this forum. I once got a 7 day ban from a blizzard off-topic forum for merely explaining why some might think the bible can motivate harmful actions, without actually putting forth the argument myself or being the slightest bit disrespectful about it. I didn't open that thread either, just posted in a thread about religion.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-08-2012

Quote:
KonFewShuN:
Trying to stop free speech.

lmk fascists.

We actually have strong opinions, and are engaging in strong candidate advocacy -- in this case, in favor of the Cho'gath/Kog'Maw ticket. Riot Games believes that instead of voting for the lesser evil, you should vote for Cho'gath/Kog'Maw 2012. Valoran deserves a greater evil, and I think this will be clear at the debates.

- Zileas

cottonycloud

10-08-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
We actually have strong opinions, and are engaging in strong candidate advocacy -- in this case, in favor of the Cho'gath/Kog'Maw ticket. Riot Games believes that instead of voting for the lesser evil, you should vote for Cho'gath/Kog'Maw 2012. Valoran deserves a greater evil, and I think this will be clear at the debates.

- Zileas

Zileas, what were YOU doing in 2008? Not playing League, that's what.

TRYNDAMERE 2012

Corngina

10-08-2012

Oh my god i love Zileas. Zileas 2012.

OP-- if thread gets enough downvotes, it closes itself.