RP is holding our money captive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leminlime

10-08-2012

Hi Riot, Just a quick observation that I cant find a better place to point out.

I currently have 92 RP on my account, not enough to buy anything at all. I feel like there is money sitting there that is useless to me because there isn't anything I can use it for. I have 2 suggestions that might help the situation

1) make an RP to IP conversion possible, 1 RP -> 20 IP or something, one way, no refunds.

or

2) change the RP system completely and have purchases be a set amount through Paypal / visa (ie, said skin costs $4.50 instead of x RP) instead of making us spend $10 for something that really costs $8 and leaving the last $2 sitting there doing nothing.

I think both are reasonable, the first is probably easier to implement, the second is less likely to have those "oops! I didn't mean to click that, Riot please fix it" moments.

Thoughts?

Ima Cut U Up

10-08-2012

It's called profiteering, welcome to capitalism.

Heske

10-11-2012

If they made it to where Rp could be converted to IP then you could just pay your way to runes. Which isn't good because you gotta earn those runes. I understand what you're saying about having tiny amounts of RP just sit in your Client bank, but as Ima Cut U Up states...that's capitalism 4 ya.
The same thing applies when you go to buy card covers but they only sell them in packs of 50 when (in most decks) you need 60. Just to make ya buy another. ^_^

Varaxael

10-11-2012

Uh, having little odds and ends of RP 'change' lying around is a deliberate incentive to get us to buy more RP. It's not really holding your money hostage, nor is it "profiteering" - you knew you'd only be able to spend it here in the first place. So it's kind of like arguing that since you can't buy anything with a penny, Something Must Be Done.

Riot knows about this, and there is no reason for them to change it. =)

Vinceicarus

10-11-2012

Yeah thats why if i go to the theater, and I ask for a gigantic popcorn that I play 7$, if i dont eat it all, i go back to the clerk, give back my 1/8th of a bag, and ask for my 0.84$ remaining out of popcorn.

LOL I'm being sarcastic

Conversion between RP and IP should be allowed, but only in a very disadvantageous way, in order to force ppl to keep them, but if they REALLY want to have them transfer.

The 1 RP for 20 IP would mean that you could buy Garen for 22 RP LOL. The 1 RP for 1 IP or 1.5 IP would be the only possible thing.

Squallian

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceicarus View Post
Yeah thats why if i go to the theater, and I ask for a gigantic popcorn that I play 7$, if i dont eat it all, i go back to the clerk, give back my 1/8th of a bag, and ask for my 0.84$ remaining out of popcorn.

LOL I'm being sarcastic

Conversion between RP and IP should be allowed, but only in a very disadvantageous way, in order to force ppl to keep them, but if they REALLY want to have them transfer.

The 1 RP for 20 IP would mean that you could buy Garen for 22 RP LOL. The 1 RP for 1 IP or 1.5 IP would be the only possible thing.
What? That was completely illogical. Thats how the OP WANTS IT TO WORK. Lol.

The way it works now is more like this:

You go to a theater, and want to buy some popcorn. They say they only sell vouchers that let you buy stuff around the store at varying solid prices such as $5, $10, and $15. So, you ask how much a medium sized popcorn is, and they say its $4 for small, $7 for medium, and $9 for large. So you buy a $10 popcorn voucher, because you want Medium in particular. Well, now you have "$3" left over on your voucher. So if you want that same Medium sized popcorn again, it will only cost you a $5 voucher next time.

And thats the point, people. TL;DR, it's so that long term buyers have to buy less on the next purchase if they have enough left over RP after. Quit *****in'.

Big Johnson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Do you want Riot to stop making money or something?