Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I only rarely play top. Darius counters please?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strawberrycocoa

10-08-2012

I played a ranked game before work this morning and found myself having to top lane, which I almost never get to do in ranked and only do infrequently in normals.

I took Gangplank because I figured I could poke-harass Darius and abuse his lack of gap closers. Careful wave control kept him overextended for a bit but after a few ganks he backed off and forced the wave to better territory. In trades his bleed damage hit a lot more than my Parrley harass (plus getting into Parrley range made me vulnerable to Darius' pull and swipe), and the only reason I didn't flat out lose the lane was my awesome jungler ganking and carrying my lane. Darius proceeded to be a much stronger presence in teamfights than me.

So, curious from people who toplane more than me, what is a good Darius counter, either in lane or in teamfights? His free damage was so strong, while as GP I had to build damage or contribute nothing to fights.

Aessa

10-08-2012

i do well vs darius with akali of all things. i don't know if it's a counter though

RainingBubbIeS

10-08-2012

teemo jace :d

xephh

10-08-2012

Jaaaaaaayce.

Dracorya

10-08-2012

Jayce, Yorick, Irelia (at least if you get a few items under her belt)

Attilian

10-08-2012

Teemo if played smart.

Dr Plutonious

10-08-2012

Kayle, Jayce, Teemo, all counter him.

NapalmBrain

10-08-2012

kayle or jayce is an easy time

Cool Stuffz

10-08-2012

I've heard Jayce is pretty good.

No experience with it though.

LeeAsakura

10-08-2012

Yorick, bait Darius' Q, dodge it, then spam all your ghouls on him. You'll out sustain him easy.