I only rarely play top. Darius counters please?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I played a ranked game before work this morning and found myself having to top lane, which I almost never get to do in ranked and only do infrequently in normals.

I took Gangplank because I figured I could poke-harass Darius and abuse his lack of gap closers. Careful wave control kept him overextended for a bit but after a few ganks he backed off and forced the wave to better territory. In trades his bleed damage hit a lot more than my Parrley harass (plus getting into Parrley range made me vulnerable to Darius' pull and swipe), and the only reason I didn't flat out lose the lane was my awesome jungler ganking and carrying my lane. Darius proceeded to be a much stronger presence in teamfights than me.

So, curious from people who toplane more than me, what is a good Darius counter, either in lane or in teamfights? His free damage was so strong, while as GP I had to build damage or contribute nothing to fights.

Aessa

10-08-2012

i do well vs darius with akali of all things. i don't know if it's a counter though

RainingBubbIeS

10-08-2012

teemo jace :d

xephh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Jaaaaaaayce.

Dracorya

10-08-2012

Jayce, Yorick, Irelia (at least if you get a few items under her belt)

Attilian

10-08-2012

Teemo if played smart.

Dr Plutonious

10-08-2012

Kayle, Jayce, Teemo, all counter him.

NapalmBrain

10-08-2012

kayle or jayce is an easy time

Cool Stuffz

10-08-2012

I've heard Jayce is pretty good.

No experience with it though.

LeeAsakura

10-08-2012

Yorick, bait Darius' Q, dodge it, then spam all your ghouls on him. You'll out sustain him easy.

1234511 ... 13