Support. The Catch 22

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

10-08-2012

I agree with you 100% OriginalJack, but I think the carry is the most important role.

OriginalJack

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
I agree with you 100% OriginalJack, but I think the carry is the most important role.
There's definately a case for that.

Just curious but how would you arrange the positions in order of importance? Usually when I ask that question people give old "each position is equally important, it's a team game blah blah" but I really don't think that's the case. (well about the equally important part atleast)

Grollm

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
Could we expand this to apply to people who fight to be mid, top, jungle or support as well?
You gotta think about it like sports. Lebron James doesn't one day decide one day he's going to play point guard, in an important game. He plays the position that he is best at. Sure he can shift into other roles if needed, but if everyone is performing at 100% why switch it up? Just do what you do best and then you win games.

Grollm

10-08-2012

Quote:
I think it's a tiered. Support is important. I think ranking the lanes generally speaking from 1 to 5(1 being the most important 5 being the least important). I think it would go something like this 5. Top 4. Mid 3. Jungle. 2 & 1 Adc and Support. Now obviously if your bot lane sucks and your mid does amazing you can still do well, or if your jungle does well you can still turn it around, but if top does really well and both mid and bot feed, you aren't going to have too much ability to turn the game around being a fed bruiser. It's an equation. In the perfect situation bot dominates in cs and kills, top holds their own, mid holds their own, and jungler puts constant pressure on all the lanes, but not ever game is going to be that way. I've had a game where my bot lane was horrendous mid was ok, top was ok, and I was able to carry the game with WW jungle.
In answer to your question Jack.

OriginalJack

10-08-2012

Quote:
In answer to your question Jack.
lol oh sorry I missed that :-(

I was actually thinking something similar if I had to rate them (I'll go back and +1 your other post) If I had to pick one lane that I really didn't want to go badly I would have to say it's bot lane. If the top or mid lane goes badly ok, it's bad but it's just that one person that's going to be behind. If the bot lane goes badly not only is it two people that are behind but one of them is the adc and without a farmed adc you don't really have much of a late game.

Yet despite this top and mid are usually the ones people always call in champ select. Hardly anyone ever calls adc or support, it seems really counter-intuitive if you really want to carry a game shouldn't you play the carry? Maybe it's because it's too much pressure and they would rather call the less important top or mid...

Grollm

10-08-2012

I couldn't agree more. We should duo queue! Haha.

DarkSasoriX

10-08-2012

i actually started playing support in LoL. I am pretty sure that it is my main (next to jungler) since i know what i can and can't do.

Grollm

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSasoriX View Post
i actually started playing support in LoL. I am pretty sure that it is my main (next to jungler) since i know what i can and can't do.
Good we need more players that pick up support! So I can carry! :P