How to play Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HawkGrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2010

Long story short, i bought Anivia and I want to learn how to play her. I usually get tear of goddess first and then i upgrade. Then i start focusing on health and armor. Can someone tell me a good build and how to play her like chasing enemies, running away and timing.

Helionexis

09-26-2010

i usually start off with the sapphire crystal and turn it into catalyst for better laning power, make Rod of Ages, boots, then go archangel's and zhonya's. something overlooked when playing her is her flash frost can hit the enemies twice, you let it pass through them then set it off right after, then catch up and hit frostbite. you can also use frostbit and then immediately use your ult under them while frostbite is still in the air for a low mana cost burst. if you want to chase i would suggest slowing them if you are in range then dropping the wall in front of them, late game it can nearly take up a lane or completely cut off a jungle path. she's not an easy champ to master by any means so the best advice i can say is try out practice games to get a good feel for her and try some different combos with her moves then once you feel comfortable go into unranked games and try it out on real players. i find her to be one of my favorite champs so i hope you have fun playing with her.

HawkGrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2010

my problem is that my ult is basically useless because the enemies get out of it the second i cast it, even with the wall already placed.

Tyrantherus

09-26-2010

Well, I'm an avid anivia player, although I'm very off beat and play a high-risk high-reward build, so I wouldn't recommend me for telling a newer anivia player the item build...

What I will advise however is tactics.

Now, the 2 skills I always get on summoners rift for anivia are clarity and teleport. The reasons for this is because A. she's very mana dependant and chews through her mana bar quicker then just about anyone else, and B. It can be a suprise offensive. Clarity helps the mana issues, and if you tempt your opponent into thinking you have no mana, you can pop it and bash him in the face for not paying attention to your summoner skills. Teleport is somewhat vital seeing as Anivia has a pretty slow movespeed, but ontop of that if your in a rough situation, you can teleport out, and the teleport will continue even if you are put into an egg.

Early game, you will mostly want to level up E as fast as possible, but Q being your first skill. Although Q has better damage scalings, it has a longer cooldown and costs more mana, which as you may have noticed, anivia is a very hungry bird. Now, anivia's ultimate is not something you normally want to keep going early game, the key thing with using the ult is to simply do one of 2 things, either A. proc chill for frostbite, or B. Kill off a creepwave. Early on you may not want to use your ultimate for use B because of mana costs, but later in the game it becomes a wonderful and quick source of income.

If you do want to use her ult for offensive perposes though, there are ways of making it extremely useful. First thing is to hit them with the stun from Q (if you press Q it detonates it, just as any fyi if you didn't know). From there, ult right ontop of them and frostbite. If it's later in the game you can even block off their path of retreat with the icewall, keeping them in your ultimate even longer. Still, for the most part use her ultimate to proc the double damage on frostbite, then turn it off right after unless theres a bunch of enemies in it to where it worthwhile to continue the ult.

Hope this helped!

FaIIenOne

09-26-2010

Don't start chasing with slow ass anivia , if you can't nuke them and your going in front , your probally going to die.

Ordain

09-26-2010

I play a glass cannon build Anivia and my items are.
Mana Sapphire
Tear Of The Goddess
Sorc Boots
Archangels
Zhonya's
After that you should just build according to how they're building. Void Staff for alot of MR stacking , DFG if they have alot of high HP champs etc.

Strategies:

You should always have golem after lvl 6 or 7 if there is one up on the map.

Your ult int useless at all, simply get close enough to them so that you can ult which chills them> stun them in the ult with flash frost making sure to get the two hits in with it> Frostbite them

Steps 2 and 3 could be switched around if you think theyll have enough hp to make it out of your first burst so you could get your frostbite on cool down earlier

It also slows them so you have more time to position a wall or so you can time your flash frost easier.

Always remember That champions with any kind of dash or flash and get through your wall and that you can block a whole jungle lane with a decent lvl of your wall.

Skills:

I always start with my q at lvl 1 then i get my frost bite at lvls 2,3 and 4 or i may get my first rank or wall at 4 if they need to get in close to harass well.

after that the skill priority is

R>E>Q>W

you may want to get a few lvls of wall first though if youre having troubles chasing or you're fighting alot in the jungle.

LSOreli

09-26-2010

Read my guide on leaguecraft.com Its the top rated one, feel free to message me in game or leave one on the guide if you wish. I'll respond.

QuickJager

09-26-2010

Basically your roles are..
-Burst damage
-Ganker

At least thats how i play anivia
itemwise i start off going
-Mana Sapphire -> ToG -> Archangel
this first item builds up your damage while at the same time increasing your mana
-Sorc Boots
then at this point i go one of three items depending what i need. note: all give good amount of AP
-Zhonya's if you are doing well and dont believe you need more survivablity.
-Rylaj's if you are dying quite frequently or you are engaging team fights alot at this point.
-Lich Bane very rarely and only if the enemy is SLIGHTLY invested into magic (logic is it changes AP into a physical attack every so often giving you a lil suprise) Also the move speed bonus is quite good getting you over 400.

After that go whatever you want very few things will be able to stand up to you one on one (unless its a morde)

Your Q and E spells are your best friends (dont forget to tap Q twice)

Overlord Heian

09-26-2010

Don't chase unless you know you're getting that last shot in. Anivia's ultimate really shines in team fights, especially with a good tank. I see a lot of people center it on their target, I try to put the edge of it forward a bit, so they have to move through it if they want to retreat, or move closer, into your team.

H Minnow

09-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrantherus View Post
Well, I'm an avid anivia player, although I'm very off beat and play a high-risk high-reward build, so I wouldn't recommend me for telling a newer anivia player the item build...

What I will advise however is tactics.

Now, the 2 skills I always get on summoners rift for anivia are clarity and teleport. The reasons for this is because A. she's very mana dependant and chews through her mana bar quicker then just about anyone else, and B. It can be a suprise offensive. Clarity helps the mana issues, and if you tempt your opponent into thinking you have no mana, you can pop it and bash him in the face for not paying attention to your summoner skills. Teleport is somewhat vital seeing as Anivia has a pretty slow movespeed, but ontop of that if your in a rough situation, you can teleport out, and the teleport will continue even if you are put into an egg.

Early game, you will mostly want to level up E as fast as possible, but Q being your first skill. Although Q has better damage scalings, it has a longer cooldown and costs more mana, which as you may have noticed, anivia is a very hungry bird. Now, anivia's ultimate is not something you normally want to keep going early game, the key thing with using the ult is to simply do one of 2 things, either A. proc chill for frostbite, or B. Kill off a creepwave. Early on you may not want to use your ultimate for use B because of mana costs, but later in the game it becomes a wonderful and quick source of income.

If you do want to use her ult for offensive perposes though, there are ways of making it extremely useful. First thing is to hit them with the stun from Q (if you press Q it detonates it, just as any fyi if you didn't know). From there, ult right ontop of them and frostbite. If it's later in the game you can even block off their path of retreat with the icewall, keeping them in your ultimate even longer. Still, for the most part use her ultimate to proc the double damage on frostbite, then turn it off right after unless theres a bunch of enemies in it to where it worthwhile to continue the ult.

Hope this helped!
This guy has pretty much got it, but if your going to be an avid Anivia player, you absolutely need to get tier 3 mp5/lvl seals and possibly glyphs(I put my glyphs as CD but those are expensive).buildwise, mine is like this guys, High-risk High reward but I'll list it anyway.

1- Sapphire crystal, 1 hp pot, 1 mana pot. The fact is she eats through mana and the hp pot is always a good thing
2- TotG, Boots of Speed. Tear is a great way to build mana and will be built into AAS. The boots help with the low MS and if you want to, you can stay in lane and get the money for Sorc's instead.
3- Catalyst, AAS. Most people get catalyst first, and catalyst and TotG can be gotten in reverse position, I just have enough faith in my ability to get it later. Now is the absolute best time to get AAS to help your mana pool grow and the MP regen is enough to keep you from having to go back to fountain a lot.
4- RoA. Get this right after AAS.
5- This is where it kinda changes up as the game can sometimes be pretty much finished at this point. If not then just continue as next your gonna grab Zhonya's. After Zhonya's your next slots will be filled with Void Staff and DFG but decide which is more important first. People may suggest something like Rylai's, but with Anivia this is dumb as hell as she already has 2 slow's. Lich Bane is also an option over DFG or Void Staff.

As you can tell I build almost pure AP which I don't suggest til you really get used to her but it works very well, by the end of the game I can usually one-shot squishies with health up to around 1800