Option to Deny Honor From Premades

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

10-08-2012

Yeah, so, I've gotten a lot of my honor from my small group of 5-6 friends who play together. The thing is, they don't realize that getting too much honor from premades is bad (compared to normal honor), and I know they will keep giving me and each other honor because it sounds good to get honor consistently. While it's nice to get honor, and I'm always putting my best foot forward, i'd like to know that a majority of those numbers on my profile are from strangers, not these 5-6 people. So could there be a system in place to manage pre-made honor, so it doesn't look like I'm trying to steroid my profile?

I really don't want the honor I did earn to be overshadowed by honor given by friends for the sake of giving honor.

xkhazixmaster18

10-08-2012

Even though you are getting +1 honor from your teammate, you aren't necessarily getting the same weighted honor as from a stranger. I've met people who have 30+ honor but no ribbon, and I've BEEN someone who had only 10 honor and got a ribbon.

There is a honor balancing system in the backend, you just can't see it.

KevinDelMarr

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasifx View Post
Even though you are getting +1 honor from your teammate, you aren't necessarily getting the same weighted honor as from a stranger. I've met people who have 30+ honor but no ribbon, and I've BEEN someone who had only 10 honor and got a ribbon.

There is a honor balancing system in the backend, you just can't see it.
I'm probably just overreacting. More importantly for me personally is being able to look at my profile screen, and know that 25 of my 30 honor is from strangers and 5 from premades, not the other way around.

ACGIFT

10-08-2012

If your pre-made friends constantly honor you, very soon it will actually stop awarding you points for that; the value of honor you get from someone is based on how freely they give it out; while it doesn't appear to be so, apparently you can get MORE than a single point from someone, or likewise, get only a fractional point.

So, unless you're doing premades with all SORTS of different people constantly, you can feel assured that it's pretty close to impossible for a more than a minority of your honor to come from premades.

SuperbQuesadilla

10-08-2012

I know exactly where you're coming from, OP. My friend gives me honor after matches we play together, but I don't want honor from my friends, I want it from strangers. Getting honor from people I game with on a regular basis makes the points I have feel cheapened. If I had the option to stop people on my friends list from giving me honor, I would definitely use it.

TenienDaithen

10-08-2012

Well, if they are friends, tell them to stop honoring you. You wrote up a pretty good post for the forum, so surely you can communicate just as well with them.

Ghan04

10-08-2012

Your actual Honor is hidden from you as well. Lyte has said that your profile tracks each time you were Honored, but not how much is actually given, so it's possible to have received Honor a number of times, yet not actually have much total Honor if it has been primarily from teammates you know. All in all, I would not worry about it much - there is a lot of math going on behind the scenes to ensure that everyone is treated fairly by the system.

Zielmann

10-08-2012

I've had some similar experiences with the group I play with. But I think that at first, it was mostly just everybody doling out one honor point to somebody else just to see how the system worked. I know I've gotten a couple others from them since, but we all also understand that there isn't much point to honoring people you play with regularly, unless they really, really, deserve it.

My biggest fear was becoming targeted for some form of punishment for receiving honor too often from premade friends. But I've read a lot of Lyte's posts about the system, and from what I gather, that isn't a huge issue. I'm not asking/begging for it from anybody. And I've gotten my team to pretty much stop doing it anyhow.

I'd suggest talking to your friends and trying to explain better to them how the system works, and that you shouldn't be giving honor out like it's candy. I've only ever given away 2 honor points so far. I have fairly high standards for giving honor. Though for some people, it seems that they honor simply for opponents not raging and just saying 'gg' or 'gg wp' at the end of the game. To each his own, I guess. But anyhow, if you need to, reference them to some of Lyte's posts about the system so they understand that having 750 points showing up on your profile means nothing when 745 of it is from people you regularly premade with.