Ori vs Eve

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

julianjuvenile

10-07-2012

for the the Eve and Ori players better than I, can you give me tips for playing against eve?

it seems she runs around so I can't land my ball and she just farms with q

Decaman

10-07-2012

auto attack?
most eves doesnt run mr runes, so your passive will wreck her.

Rrett

10-07-2012

eve is op. I play her a lot. No one truly counters her. There is no one that can straight shut her down. The only person who is even close to being a counter is kass, because he can 1 v 1 her, and roam almost as well. Though she falls off late, unless your adc walks into her, then they just get gibbed and you lose because 4 v 5.

SN Luketwo

10-07-2012

Zyra, Anivia, TF, and Ryze all shut down Eve pretty hard. But then she gets fed from ganking other lanes.

FistOf7Dragons

10-07-2012

when ever she appears for farm move the ball on her to make her back off just keep the ball over top of the minions to make her early farming unpleasant then get a chalice and push the lane drop a vward in the lane so if shes missing you let your team know pretty much make it so farming is to painfull so she has to roam then have your team play a bit defensive so she can't get kills buy early mr to crush her %hp damage (chalice -> abyssal) and just free farm

Internet Goblin

10-07-2012

Farm, Push Lane, Farm, Push Lane, Farm, Push Lane, Farm, Push Lane, Farm, Push Lane, and then Ult in Team fights.

Just keep lane pushed so if she goes to gank other lanes take her tower.

She is an assassin don't try to 1v1 her.

Clock Code

10-07-2012

I've NEVER lost lane to an eve as anybody. To tell the truth Evelynn is a horrible laner, but it's incredibly easy to roam as her and get fed. THAT is where her strength is. When you see an eve mid, you shouldn't think "Oh **** how do I beat her", you should think "Oh **** I hope my other lanes ward."

1) Use your autos. If she EVER goes on you for like a ravage, just E+W her then auto+q as she runs away. I can guarantee you she'll take a lot more punishment for the trade than you. This is ofc before she get's 6 and dfg. Then, you might have to be more careful. But even still she's squishy enough that if you can land 1-2 Q+W's on ehr she'll be too low to engage on you without her jungler. And you have the lane warded right? Right?

2) Get MR. This is the most straightforward and effective way to beat eve's % health shenanigans. I usually run RoA but I'd actually go Grail against an eve. Grail + MR Runes + E will give you a nice base MR that will make it hard for Eve to kill you.

3) PUSH LIKE A MAD MAN. If eve leaves lane, push her tower. Ori pushes fast enough that she shouldn't have trouble knocking down the tower once Eve begins to roam. Be sure to get wards! Eve could easily leave lane, get the jungler, and just come right back in and gank you at their tower.

4) Hit her when she goes for CS. When eve isn't walking toward creeps to hate spike them, she'll probably be meandering around the lane. That is when it's hardest to hit her, so don't. But most likely, Eve will walk in a straight line toward the CS she is trying to get, so use that predictability toward your advantage. Generally enemies are at their least defensive when trying to CS, because you can literally see the objective they're going for. Hate spike is very low range so you shouldn't have trouble nailing her with it.

cottonycloud

10-07-2012

Use your E to shield yourself for mr. Beat her with autos and out-sustain her.

julianjuvenile

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockCode View Post
I've NEVER lost lane to an eve as anybody. To tell the truth Evelynn is a horrible laner, but it's incredibly easy to roam as her and get fed. THAT is where her strength is. When you see an eve mid, you shouldn't think "Oh **** how do I beat her", you should think "Oh **** I hope my other lanes ward."

1) Use your autos. If she EVER goes on you for like a ravage, just E+W her then auto+q as she runs away. I can guarantee you she'll take a lot more punishment for the trade than you. This is ofc before she get's 6 and dfg. Then, you might have to be more careful. But even still she's squishy enough that if you can land 1-2 Q+W's on ehr she'll be too low to engage on you without her jungler. And you have the lane warded right? Right?

2) Get MR. This is the most straightforward and effective way to beat eve's % health shenanigans. I usually run RoA but I'd actually go Grail against an eve. Grail + MR Runes + E will give you a nice base MR that will make it hard for Eve to kill you.

3) PUSH LIKE A MAD MAN. If eve leaves lane, push her tower. Ori pushes fast enough that she shouldn't have trouble knocking down the tower once Eve begins to roam. Be sure to get wards! Eve could easily leave lane, get the jungler, and just come right back in and gank you at their tower.

4) Hit her when she goes for CS. When eve isn't walking toward creeps to hate spike them, she'll probably be meandering around the lane. That is when it's hardest to hit her, so don't. But most likely, Eve will walk in a straight line toward the CS she is trying to get, so use that predictability toward your advantage. Generally enemies are at their least defensive when trying to CS, because you can literally see the objective they're going for. Hate spike is very low range so you shouldn't have trouble nailing her with it.
this is all solid adivce, i should've pushed more when she was gone. and believe me, i was worried as hell that my lanes would't ward properly. which they didn't

Jesus Jon

10-08-2012

I've just picked up Orianna after seeing her in the tournament. I mean, she's an incredibly strong champion but the Ori vs. Eve matchup is utterly hopeless.

You can't 1v1 her since she is an assassin. If she roams off to gank another lane, and you follow, you run the risk of bumping into her as she waits for you seeing that you've left and kills you.

If she continues on to gank, she will usually get there far ahead of you and land a kill or two, pop W, and get out before you can intervene.

It's also ****ing impossible to tell when she's actually left the lane until she shows up in another one and has probably guaranteed a few kills.

I personally think she's way too strong at the moment:

She gets free global map pressure, and this makes her carry ridiculously well in Solo Q games.
She essentially has a free Chalice of Harmony when she stealths, which is the majority of the time.
She has a ridiculous movement speed buff making her an extremely exceptional roamer and great ganker, since a massive slow is built into her ultimate.

Too much Riot. Just too much.