Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

UI(Minor): Level buttons very hard to click

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikrit122

10-08-2012

Quote:
Estred Shantile:
The upgrade buttons when leveling skills seem very unresponsive 80% of the time. I have to click multiple times to upgrade a skill this has lead to deaths or very bad positions if I am in jungle when I level.
Left it minor for now because its a UI issue let me know if it should be upgraded to Moderate and if you have issues with this as well.

Yeah, I died in a game earlier on live because I tried clicking the "level up" button in the middle of a fight and it didn't go. Would have at least secured a double kill for my teammates, even if I didn't survive. But even when not under pressure, this is very annoying. I'm not exactly sure why they did this. I've been trying to swap to Ctrl+Q/W/E/R, but I have to think about which key I press when I level up (which is strange, considering I instinctively press the right key in a fight, well, at least the one I intend.)

A Jungle Shaco

Senior Recruiter

10-09-2012

im having same problem

dMaximus

10-10-2012

I have to agree with this, it is very annoying

JordiPrice

10-10-2012

I assume that most people already use shortcuts to level up spells (cntrl -> QWER).
If not, this is a great way to get started haha.
I agree that this has to be fixed, though.

weber0593

10-10-2012

Quote:
Estred Shantile:
The upgrade buttons when leveling skills seem very unresponsive 80% of the time. I have to click multiple times to upgrade a skill this has lead to deaths or very bad positions if I am in jungle when I level.
Left it minor for now because its a UI issue let me know if it should be upgraded to Moderate and if you have issues with this as well.

this has been happening to me too. on the plus side it finally taught me to lvl up skills with control+skill rather than clicking

Knux

10-10-2012

I assumed this was due to the new bugfix of not leveling skills if the mouse-up came after moving the cursor away from the level button (i.e., you need to click AND release before moving the mouse away).

Estred Shantile

10-11-2012

Knux is correct it was Riot's attempt to fix picking the wrong skill upon leveling up but as seen from some of these posts the fix is also causing problems for some players. I can assume many more have the issue but don't use the forums. I think that when you click an icon and hover off the + symbol it should invalidate but as long as you are hovering over the same + your original click registered on that would fix it.

Komeiji Koishi

10-12-2012

"Fix" one problem and the community complains; this is typical. Anyways, it was equally as annoying before the change when you accidentally clicked on the wrong spell upgrade because you accidentally, say, moved your sensitive mouse a little too quickly. Since then, I've just resorted to using the hotkeys.

RedIsDead45

10-12-2012

I've had this exact problem. It's the reason I started to Ctrl+QWER. It may have to do with the scaling the UI because I never noticed the problem until my I scaled my UI down a tad bit.

Edit: I played even with the bug fix and didn't have the multiple click problem.