Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

UI(Minor): Level buttons very hard to click

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Estred Shantile

10-08-2012

The upgrade buttons when leveling skills seem very unresponsive 80% of the time. I have to click multiple times to upgrade a skill this has lead to deaths or very bad positions if I am in jungle when I level.
Left it minor for now because its a UI issue let me know if it should be upgraded to Moderate and if you have issues with this as well.

Angelsking

10-08-2012

been playing all night/day haven't had any issues with upgrading skills. A little more detail may help. Thanks.

Kyo Tanaka

10-08-2012

Quote:
Estred Shantile:
The upgrade buttons when leveling skills seem very unresponsive 80% of the time. I have to click multiple times to upgrade a skill this has lead to deaths or very bad positions if I am in jungle when I level.
Left it minor for now because its a UI issue let me know if it should be upgraded to Moderate and if you have issues with this as well.

I can confirm this. It takes multiple clicks at time to level a skill up. I hadn't have this problem in normal LoL.

I level up during a bot battle, and I'll get aggressive. I'll go to my death because my click didn't level my skill, or run away with very low HP because I just spent it on a skill that can be used to run away instead.

There's no problem with leveling a skill via Ctrl + Q, W, E, R.

MarkovicLipe

10-08-2012

I have the same problem.

Estred Shantile

10-08-2012

It's not necessarily that it takes multiple clicks every time hence why i said 80% but fairly often I find having to double click even when I am dead on the + sign. I play 1920X1080 res btw don't know if that affects it or not. also @Kyo Tanaka did not know you could use Ctrl+QWER to level a skill.

Micropsia

10-08-2012

Ctrl + (Q,W,E,R) If you still click , it means you need to play more league :P

Genetic Spin

10-08-2012

same problem on the live server..

unkull

10-08-2012

Quote:
Kyo Tanaka:
I can confirm this. It takes multiple clicks at time to level a skill up. I hadn't have this problem in normal LoL.

I level up during a bot battle, and I'll get aggressive. I'll go to my death because my click didn't level my skill, or run away with very low HP because I just spent it on a skill that can be used to run away instead.

There's no problem with leveling a skill via Ctrl + Q, W, E, R.

To you and the original thread poster:
There is no problem with clicking to level up.
The only difference now from before is that you must perform a "still" click in order to level up such skill.

Before, you could click any skill and it would level it up even if you un-clicked outside the skill's level up box and if you wanted to level up something else you had to use the shortcut keys.

When the recent upgrade to fix that was added, Riot had in mind that you would be able to upgrade any skill by dragging the mouse out of the box if you accidentally clicked a wrong skill.

However, the only bug in this is that you cancel the upgrade when you click, but drag the cursor regardless if you un-click inside or outside the box. If you perform "Still Clicks" you will have no issue upgrading skills, which is definitely a problem in game.
Of course this is no issue to those who use the shortcut upgrades, but this should still be fixed.

Eletale

10-08-2012

The recently changed it so if you click and move the mouse away too fast, then the point will not be given. Dunno really why did they do that, but it's not a bug.

EDIT: I should learn to read the entire thread before posting.

Estred Shantile

10-08-2012

Alright thanks for the feedback though for those who are clicking it would be better if you could still scan-click (depress your mouse and move) within the + symbol meaning if you click and minorly move but still are hovering over the Skill-Up it registers the skill up.
Granted I know from minor experience with coding mouse event listeners (I am speaking ActionScript I do not know what Riot uses) isn't too hard, regardless thanks for the feedback I will personally be Ctrl+QWER to level.