If you leave support for me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phil Nye

10-08-2012

Whacky supports I've won with in normals, that imo were somewhat useful:
-Support Wu (Q shred for winning trades, decoy to cover some skillshots for your carry, ult initiation, passive is strong in a duo lane).
-Support Viktor (in laning, his W is a disengage, but when he gets augment gravity, it makes for a fairly scary pseudo-initiation. Too bad it's a pricey sort of investment)
-Support Morg (starting to become a pseudo-FotM from what I've seen, very good niche against someone like Sona or Zilean support, as rare as that is)

Talonted Blade

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblerumble View Post
malz does nothing to really support his ADC, he's easily countered by an item, and his lack of mobility, sustain, and crowd control (levels 1-5 even than his ultimate leaves him immobile). doesn't really lend him to a support role. A cho gath would probably make a better support than malz to be honest.

That lack of any mobility, sustain, and early crowd control makes him a liability to his laning partner as he doesnt have much outside of exhaust to peel for his ADC, and he's not helping his ADC scale into the late game.

If you're trying to do a push strategy and have talked about it with your team about it i can see malz doing a hard push early 2v1 strat but honestly sayings he's a legit support is far from the truth
He harasses. Hard.
He ccs. Twice.

Also cho gath is a GREAT support. That is a known fact.

FistOf7Dragons

10-08-2012

well most ap carrys with hard cc can support especially if they have decent base damages

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nye View Post
Whacky supports I've won with in normals, that imo were somewhat useful:
-Support Wu (Q shred for winning trades, decoy to cover some skillshots for your carry, ult initiation, passive is strong in a duo lane).
-Support Viktor (in laning, his W is a disengage, but when he gets augment gravity, it makes for a fairly scary pseudo-initiation. Too bad it's a pricey sort of investment)
-Support Morg (starting to become a pseudo-FotM from what I've seen, very good niche against someone like Sona or Zilean support, as rare as that is)
especially with the reduced cool down on black shield, black shield is EXTREMELY strong on an ADC, especially if they have someone like a skarner, blitz, or other champions with displacement or CC effects. Not to mention her binding duration is quite long, she can push well with her ADC from her W. That and building into a shuriellas never felt so good with that ult =)

Araxis the Dark

10-08-2012

Ever considered that noone else can play/has fun in support roles? If you can play it, sometimes you need to play it.

Koldheartedjsp

10-08-2012

so what you're saying is, you'll ruin the game for 9 other people on purpose because you don't want to play a support because you come from CoD where KDR is king

Shaboopie

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgrady View Post
This is a complete lack of understanding of both the support role, and the summoners code.

You are a cancer to this game, and so many trolls come from this same mental state.

YOUR FUN is not allowed to come at the expense of others. If you don't like that your fun is being ruined by the others, then too bad. Grow up or don't play. Seriously. Because this is completely ridiculous to feel that way.

Supports carry the ADC in lane, no one will really want to admit that. But it's true, and you not playing a support, gimps your entire team.
Let's follow your logic here for a second. OP's fun can't come at the expense of others. So why can others' fun come at OP's expense? Not to mention that, but show me in the Summoner's Code where you have to follow the current meta like it's a religious text. "Support" is a way to play a champion, not a style of champion itself. Some champions are designed to make better supports than others, but every champion can be played as a support. Whether it works or not depends on the players skill, and how well the kit fits. Zyra was never designed as a Support, but she does pretty well in some situations.

Koldheartedjsp

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaboopie View Post
Let's follow your logic here for a second. OP's fun can't come at the expense of others. So why can others' fun come at OP's expense? Not to mention that, but show me in the Summoner's Code where you have to follow the current meta like it's a religious text. "Support" is a way to play a champion, not a style of champion itself. Some champions are designed to make better supports than others, but every champion can be played as a support. Whether it works or not depends on the players skill, and how well the kit fits. Zyra was never designed as a Support, but she does pretty well in some situations.
soo, what you're saying is, OPs fun is more important than the fun of 9 others?

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

LOL

OP isn't even level 30. He has never played a single ranked game. When he does start playing ranked, he will do poorly and he'll either figure out that you can't just screw around or he won't and he'll stay low Elo (and probably whine about Elo hell like the rest of the scrubs).

Don't be an idiot like OP and you won't have to play with idiots like OP once you get out of low-Elo. This is a non-issue.

/thread

Talonted Blade

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
so what you're saying is, you'll ruin the game for 9 other people on purpose because you don't want to play a support because you come from CoD where KDR is king
And you come from lack of logic land.

I don't play CoD and I don't care about KDR, I never hinted towards this in any way?

How does it ruin the game for 9 others? Just because you are a meta sheep incapable of thinking for yourself doesn't mean that I have to play YOUR way.