Punish false reports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chargelol

10-07-2012

I'v received two warnings in e-mails for cases in which I was clearly arguing with another person who started it. I was provoked by the person and I was reported by his premade friends for reason unknown since this system just says "reported by ally" doesn't even say for what. My first warning I was reported for saying " ez win "...

The people going through tribunal aren't even reading the logs. they're clearly just looking at the number of reports, and I'm tired of getting warnings and eventually suspensions because some idiot and his premade group reports me.

There needs to be an option to punish the people actually submitting the report, since the person obviously provoked me and there isn't a way to punish 'both' people involved in a conflict, in my case it ends up just being me and it's stupid

The tribunal system overall is pretty much as much of a joke as the world playoffs were. Riot doesn't care about this game nor its players or it would put out better products.

TLDR: People need to read the chats, needs to be a 'punish reporter option', and riot needs to review punishments before people are suspended for being clearly provoked.

Methelod

10-07-2012

Quote:
I'v received two warnings in e-mails for cases in which I was clearly arguing with another person who started it. I was provoked by the person and I was reported by his premade friends for reason unknown since this system just says "reported by ally" doesn't even say for what. My first warning I was reported for saying " ez win "...
Why does almost everyone who comes here act like the same little children. Every. Single. Time?

The argument that they started it doesn't apply, sorry to inform you. If anything, you need to change your behavior. For a punish false report button, how about no? That' would make people not report in general, which is bad. Especially because of cases like what you had, where the person is fully within their rights to report yet children think that juvenile arguments like "He started it!" are a legitimate reason to be negative.

chargelol

10-07-2012

are you kidding? if someone is afraid of being punished for making a report, then he SHOULDN'T report because hes equally if not more of the problem. You argued against your self just now. Heres my 5 cases I was reported for:
1. 1
Reported by: Ally
Said I stole kill on purpose

2. Reported by: Ally

3. Reported by: Ally

4. 1
I ran to their jungle by my self and died and then this guy starts yelling for people to report me because i sat in base since no one wanted to leash me

5. Reported by: Ally
I was 0-2 and he headbutted the other adc away and I missed a kill

SO YOU TELL ME: What my behavior is that I need to change, and why these kids shouldn't be banned instantly for reports like this. THESE PEOPLE are 100% the ones who ruin the community.

Methelod

10-07-2012

Post your reform card, then we can tell you what you need to change. In the mean time, you are acting like a spoiled little brat.

chargelol

10-07-2012

I just told you what I was reported for rofl. You're acting like a brat because you have NO ARGUMENT against me and are just being too stubborn to accept it

Methelod

10-07-2012

No, what you were reported for and what you were punished for are two different things.

chargelol

10-07-2012

you're right. I get reported for "saying someone stole a kill", "saying to report an afk jungle" , and "headbutting someone to safety". and then I get punished for nothing because people only look at the quantity of reports.

Dracorya

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargelol View Post
I just told you what I was reported for rofl. You're acting like a brat because you have NO ARGUMENT against me and are just being too stubborn to accept it
Sorry, I could say I'm a pink winged elephant in real life. Are you going to take my word for it?

Post your card or you get zilch on this forum.

Btw, "HE STARTED IT" is an excuse you used back in kindergarten. Man up and take responsibility for your actions.

Elanorien

10-07-2012

Yeah buddy, you need a reform card link or we can't really back you up. Usually when someone doesn't post a reform card it's because they don't want us to see what really happened.

Someone giving you a hard time does not give you the right to be a jerk. And did you report those other players? They'll probably end up with their own case and punishment before long. You weren't unfairly judged or accused of being the instigator, simply held accountable for YOUR actions and YOUR choices.

Ghan04

10-07-2012

It sounds to me like if you acted the same way in those games that you are in this thread where people are trying to assist you, then you likely deserved the warning you received. Again, as has been said, a reform card link would be very helpful.