I think Diana is still overpowered to be honest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

perry mason1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsBane View Post
Seriously, I'm tired of people complaining about assassins.
This would be a valid criticism is Diana didn't have so much survivability. That double shield allows her to deal her damage in lane while minimizing the damage she takes in return. Where's the risk in that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
Thank you for pretending I said "DIANA IS KILLING ME EVERY GAME NERF NOW PLEASE!"

I have NEVER played against a mid Diana and had ANY problems with her. It's when I am playing AS her that I feel she is a bit overpowered.

So do you want to make relevent comments...? Or do you want to keep spouting off whatever pops into your head?
*Sigh* Relax bro, i read and understood the OP perfectly clear.

I'm saying she has counters. I'm saying a skilled Leblanc or Akali is 1000x worse than a skilled diana in lane. She has blatant mana problems. She's skillshot based. Anecdotal evidence is what you're using, I'm saying she has actual counters and there are tons of champs that are worse than her to lane against. Sorry if i came off a bit harsh, really tired. You feel OP while playing her? Great. If you can land her odd skill shot successfully everytime you should feel overpowered. But she can be countered. I think she's in a good spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry mason1 View Post
This would be a valid criticism is Diana didn't have so much survivability. That double shield allows her to deal her damage in lane while minimizing the damage she takes in return. Where's the risk in that?
Like i said above, just a tad tired. She needs the shield. Idk if she needs the shield that refreshes when the orbs pop, but she needs the shield. She can only get in, not out. Once again, most assassins will simply outtrade you no matter what you do. Akali, fizz, and LB will just pop in, give you the finger, then pop out with no opportunity to trade with you. I still feel they're all stronger, but i think her strong damage is justified (and at least the first part of the shield) is as well because she's melee with no escapes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talonted Blade

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsBane View Post
*Sigh* Relax bro, i read and understood the OP perfectly clear.

I'm saying she has counters. I'm saying a skilled Leblanc or Akali is 1000x worse than a skilled diana in lane. She has blatant mana problems. She's skillshot based. Anecdotal evidence is what you're using, I'm saying she has actual counters and there are tons of champs that are worse than her to lane against. Sorry if i came off a bit harsh, really tired. You feel OP while playing her? Great. If you can land her odd skill shot successfully everytime you should feel overpowered. But she can be countered. I think she's in a good spot.
Please explain to me how saying your point was not valid means I am not relaxed? It means I think your point was not valid, nothing more.

Why do people act like her skill shot is hard to land?
It moves fast
It has low visibility
It bursts in an aoe at the end

Why do you have trouble laning against Akali? She is LITERALLY useless in lane until 6.
And LeBlanc? Really? Is that some kind of bad joke? Even IF you are bad enough to get bursted down by Leblanc (who by the way has skill shots that are a lot harder to land) you can find solace in the fact that she is one of the worst late game champions in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidian

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Diana just happens to kill 2x1, 3x1 of fed, 5x1 if ultrafed.


All other assassins fail hard past 2x1 no matter how fed they are, they still require help from their teams and they can't ever carry games by themselves, specially useless lategame if the team has no tank to properly initiate.

But hey, let's leave Diana as it is (PS: Her kit is quite boring)

It's like Akali's damage, on steroids, with a survivability that shouldn't belong to assassins, puts her on a bruiser-level honestly.


She also has proper CC unlike Akali.

She also doesn't need a target and can kill through walls/bushes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onechange

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
Please explain to me how saying your point was not valid means I am not relaxed? It means I think your point was not valid, nothing more.

Why do people act like her skill shot is hard to land?
It moves fast
It has low visibility
It bursts in an aoe at the end

Why do you have trouble laning against Akali? She is LITERALLY useless in lane until 6.
And LeBlanc? Really? Is that some kind of bad joke? Even IF you are bad enough to get bursted down by Leblanc (who by the way has skill shots that are a lot harder to land) you can find solace in the fact that she is one of the worst late game champions in the game.
Because it is the most predictable skillshot in the game. It curves...in only one direction. You can only get so much of an angle on it. If you hang out on her left side it is a lot easier to dodge because she has to cut across her body to have a chance to hit you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talonted Blade

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onechange View Post
Because it is the most predictable skillshot in the game. It curves...in only one direction. You can only get so much of an angle on it. If you hang out on her left side it is a lot easier to dodge because she has to cut across her body to have a chance to hit you.
How is curving more predictable than straight? Sorry but it just plain and simply isn't... It's just as predictable if not less predictable because like 80% of the champions on the game have straight skill shots so you are used to playing the. Hanging out on either side of her does not make her skill shot harder to land... I am assuming you fall into the pool of Diana's who can never land her Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
Please explain to me how saying your point was not valid means I am not relaxed? It means I think your point was not valid, nothing more.

Why do people act like her skill shot is hard to land?
It moves fast
It has low visibility
It bursts in an aoe at the end

Why do you have trouble laning against Akali? She is LITERALLY useless in lane until 6.
And LeBlanc? Really? Is that some kind of bad joke? Even IF you are bad enough to get bursted down by Leblanc (who by the way has skill shots that are a lot harder to land) you can find solace in the fact that she is one of the worst late game champions in the game.
Watch her hand, she brings her hand up a moment before the skillshot animation appears on the ground. You should go play Contra or Megaman games (the old ones...) or older arcade games, where memorizing boss attack patterns and watching for their skills to be fired was the only way to win.

Anyways,
Akali is useless pre 6? So's Diana, she'll go OOM so fast it's not even funny. A leblanc will simply Q W(W) everytime it's up and you wont even get a chance to damage her. At least against Diana she's forced into melee range if she wants to use her full combo, when just about any other mage can use their full combo from afar

Quote:
Please explain to me how saying your point was not valid means I am not relaxed? It means I think your point was not valid, nothing more.
Well, to be perfectly fair, neither yours nor mine are valid at all. Nothing more than anecdotal evidence on both ends.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talonted Blade

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsBane View Post
Watch her hand, she brings her hand up a moment before the skillshot is actually fired. You should go play Contra or Megaman games (the old ones...) or older arcade games, where memorizing boss attack patterns and watching for their skills to be fired was the only way to win.

Anyways,
Akali is useless pre 6? So's Diana, she'll go OOM so fast it's not even funny. A leblanc will simply Q W(W) everytime it's up and you wont even get a chance to damage her.



Well, to be perfectly fair, neither yours nor mine are valid at all. Nothing more than anecdotal evidence on both ends.
Actually I didn't even really give points other than countering yours.

People are NOT video game bosses, they make their OWN decisions and are not forced to play on a pattern.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SR God

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorchero View Post
+1

and wtf, downvotes?

Assassins are meant to kill you 1v1.

You deal with that by shutting them down in lane by being an aggressive and resilient *******.
downvoted because he is completely missing how OP is writing his post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
Actually I didn't even really give points other than countering yours.

People are NOT video game bosses, they make their OWN decisions and are not forced to play on a pattern.
People are creatures of habit. You should take some psychology classes, the entire human brain is based on patterns, it's how we learn. People fall into bad habits especially during the laning phase. Like, for example, they'll do almost anything to get CS. I see this in a player, i send a skill shot to where they need to move to to get that last hit. They get it but they pay for it. They see the skill shot and dodge it, therefore losing the CS. *Shrug* just an example, but there are tons of "tells" that you can, and should, abuse.


Quote:
So with that said let me say that I still think she is over powered, if you farm fairly well and get an early large rod you can come back to lane and melt your opponent in under 2 seconds. I don't have the time to really get into it or do any number work. So I just want to say I feel she is still a BIT too strong.
1) Anecdotal evidence.
2) Any mage who gets a early rod will melt their opponent. Same with other assassins like LB, Fizz, Akali, and even ADC's who get a early BF sword all crush their opponent, because it's a huge advantage.