Fix the Headbut Pulv "Combo", Buff Alistar in compensation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

volaju

10-08-2012

This glitch that lets you pulv before the target is knocked away from headbutt is probably the most globally known bug in the game, and yet it hasn't been fixed. While people are probably going to automatically complain about such a suggestion to fix it, because everyone's grown accustomed to it, it really shouldn't be ignored just for that reason...

It's because of this bug that he can't be buffed otherwise, and it really isn't fair to be honest, to expect an Alistar player to do this bug. It's unreliable even for pros, it's unrealistic to expect absolutely everyone to even know about it, and it's unfair to blame Alistars for not doing it, or failing their attempt at mimicking it.

It isn't referenced in his tooltips, it isn't a part of his intended design, and it's holding him back as a champ in general, because, oh hey, headbut pulv too stronk, we can't buff this guy.

Seriously, Panths W being able to land guaranteed after an ult got fixed, and while he hasn't been buffed in compensation yet... (wtf Riot, get on this) Alistar should be no different with his well known glitch.

What's next? Is Rengars double leap going to be ignored once everyone learns to master it, just because Rengar players like to abuse it? What about this TF gold card trick that I'm sure not that many people know about yet...

Just fix the bug on Alistar, and then give him compensation buffs. It's the logical thing to do, and it should have been done long ago.

inb4 "Looks like someone failed the combo" XP

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

This issue was raised before and the verdict was "It's not a bug, it's a feature".

Gold card trick not many people know about yet... You mean how Pick a Card isn't random? (*applause*)

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

10-08-2012

I don't know what you're talking about.

Having Malphite's game-changing ultimate on a ~10 second CD is totally fine.

Der Todesengel

10-08-2012

Looks like someone got the horns

Creator

10-08-2012

It's not unreliable. Actually, quite the opposite.
I guess that would be false for people who have a slow reaction time.
I think it's good that some twitch gaming be incorporated into League of Legends.

A moderator has already replied on this issue, being able to pulverize after headbutting is not a bug, at the most - call it an easter egg if you will.

Tyhan

10-08-2012

Headbutt pulverize used to be far harder to do, however both the players and Riot liked it. When he was given his remake last year they made it extremely easy and reliable to do (though I haven't been able to do it with smartcast, the reactions that requires is just obnoxious).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferit View Post
I don't know what you're talking about.

Having Malphite's game-changing ultimate on a ~10 second CD is totally fine.
Ignore that Unstoppable Force is mostly uninterruptable (blame Riot for not being consistent here!), has twice the range of headbutt, and knocks people up for much longer than pulverize.

GankinHerBush

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiales View Post
This issue was raised before and the verdict was "It's not a bug, it's a feature".

Gold card trick not many people know about yet... You mean how Pick a Card isn't random? (*applause*)
No, I think he means picking gold card then gating and once u land you throw the gold card at a target even if they're a fair distance away.

Sevarios

10-08-2012

Not a bug, two spells cast one after the other, both their effects take place. Time doesn't freeze while the effects of spells are going off..

It takes a bit of skill to pull off on demand, and you lose the effect of the headbutt, so it's still something you need to think about and practice to execute - i.e. exactly the kind of thing we want to have in the game.

Burungeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
Headbutt pulverize used to be far harder to do, however both the players and Riot liked it. When he was given his remake last year they made it extremely easy and reliable to do (though I haven't been able to do it with smartcast, the reactions that requires is just obnoxious).
Wouldn't it be easier to do with smartcasting? :> I've been smartcasting forever, so the only things I've ever noticed being harder to do than normal are Viktor's laser and Rumble's ult, and that's only because Rumble came out around the time I made a complete switch.

Tyhan

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burungeru View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to do with smartcasting? :> I've been smartcasting forever, so the only things I've ever noticed being harder to do than normal are Viktor's laser and Rumble's ult, and that's only because Rumble came out around the time I made a complete switch.
With smartcasting you have to have the range memorized. If you're like me and play all sorts of different champions you might not have exact ranges memorized. Since you have to do the pulverize fairly fast, if you have moderate-high ping, it can get annoying. Note that Pulverize is always an instant cast whether using smartcast or not, it's about headbutt. I've got slow reactions, and 90 ping making it hard to pull off without the indicator that lets me know exactly when I'm in range to do the headbutt.