Theorycraft Season 3 Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freshwalrus

10-07-2012

I just want a whole slew of new items for AD Casters.

TheRelicOfOwls

10-07-2012

I'd like to contribute to this thread, but as far as all the specifics go, I'm duller than a town full of grey. I do like the ideas I've seen so far though.

I'd personally like to see supports be in a better place, with some better beginning options than just "faerie charm, wards, pots", not only that but with building from that as well. I noticed people talking about the likely hood of gp/10 items getting nerfed which would probably be fine if they improved the gp/10 in the utility mastery tree (which would help ensure it would go towards support champs).

Other than that I'm pretty much just interested to see what happens after the changes, I don't mind too much happens, I just think it will be neat trying to form up a new format around the transformation of the game.

Xyltin

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh nice View Post
I can appreciate some of the ideas, but that is really risky. If they completely overhaul the way skill progression works (in terms of CC and auras), it could really alienate some of the players who are expecting an obvious increase in power when they stat into a skill.

It could potentially take away from leveling. I think skill progression feels really good right now. When I put a stat into a point, I can immediately feel the difference and become satisfied with the choice over another. If stat scaling is the big determining factor on skills, then allocating a stat wouldn't be the same.
There should always be a difference when ranking up a skill. And that is good so.
But supporters have a very good early game and probably the best skill progression over the game.
Other champs have to use items to get that. But if they get enough (what is normally the case) they get way stronger.

Bringing supporters more in line with other classes in terms of scaling and skill progression is not really bad, but it is still risky.

Riot did make such a decision once when they created their game.
They said they wanted to have late game casters and an extra support role, not both together in one like in Dota (early game casters are late game supports cause they don't scale into late game).
Now their new class has the same problem as the Dota casters. They don't scale well and need utility items to be good late game (Wards, Shurelias, AotL, ...).

If they do it right, it can be a success. If they do it wrong it can turn out bad.

Also remember that they don't need to give every utility stat AP scaling. And most AP casters should be untouched (by some it could make sense).
CC durations shouldn't get changed through that (Sonas ult or Tarics stun).

GarnetJewel

10-07-2012

Ad carries are so dependant on just maxing dps. They dont need defense except as a 6th item and its not their job to provide utility.

dps is decided by an equation so you can't really have different builds. the best build is the best dps build.

this is how adc work. they cant have build variety

the trouble with nerfing adc is that if they can't obliterate the tanky dps than we go back to 5 tank dps meta

77remix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I would overall just like to see a more variety of items.

For example,

If an AP caster wants AP and armor the only thing currently available is Zhonyas Hourglass.

Xyltin

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRelicOfOwls View Post
I'd like to contribute to this thread, but as far as all the specifics go, I'm duller than a town full of grey. I do like the ideas I've seen so far though.

I'd personally like to see supports be in a better place, with some better beginning options than just "faerie charm, wards, pots", not only that but with building from that as well. I noticed people talking about the likely hood of gp/10 items getting nerfed which would probably be fine if they improved the gp/10 in the utility mastery tree (which would help ensure it would go towards support champs).

Other than that I'm pretty much just interested to see what happens after the changes, I don't mind too much happens, I just think it will be neat trying to form up a new format around the transformation of the game.
That is actually not such a bad idea.
4g/10 stats on items.
Mastery increased to 0.75/1.5/2.25/3 gold per 10.

The mastery is already important for the supports, so i would buff it more than the runes. This would allow champs to maybe take other runes if they want to without losing too much as a support champ.

Even when a support would lose 2g/10 overall (2 items) he gains 1 from the beginning. That will allow you to get this stat over the whole game even without the items early and it will allow you to get these items way faster, making the loss for supports nearly 0, while other roles lose some money.

G/10 items will still be great, cause you may lose some strength early on, but when you upgrade the item, you will gain still some free gold and an item that is worth it's money.
Rushing a DFG will give you around 2 free wards currently.

DiabolusReborn

10-07-2012

aww wtf? My galio build relies on GP10's.... are they only taking into consideration supports when nerfing GP10's? Because some people have random builds that they like, that don't play support..

chaser676

10-07-2012

Bump

Xyltin

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77remix View Post
I would overall just like to see a more variety of items.

For example,

If an AP caster wants AP and armor the only thing currently available is Zhonyas Hourglass.
Sure, but think about it that way:
AP champs can itemize AP + any stat.
AP + MR (aura on abyssal is always strong)
AP + Armor
AP + HP
AP + MPen
AP + AD
AP + spell vamp
And all these items are good from early to late game.

Sure, AP champs don't have many options for these combinations, but they have the choice to get the stats they want to.

Bruisers don't have the option. Same with ADC and also a little bit for tanks.

AD + MR? Hextrinker is good. MOW is **** and only good when you have no more free slots.
AD + CDR? brutalizer, but that item is pure early/mid game. No upgrade except for one that is never really ideal and you need to waste some money.
AD + Armor? Atmas. Atmas needs some HP to be useful, and not everybody wants the huge amount of crit.
AD + HP? Frozen mallet. Huge amount of HP but nearly no AD for that money.

So AD champs have great items like BT or IE to get more offensive stats with even more offensive stats. but nothing for bruisers or AD assassins.
Both roles build tanky items and if they need dmg they take TriForce (hate this item) or a pure offensive item once. But there is no way that you can build some survivability and some dmg in one (except for hex trinker).

BriniestSix

10-07-2012

The biggest problem with changing the 0cs meta to the support requiring actual cs is that it now becomes difficult to reach that sweet spot where the support has enough cs to get what they need but so does the other person in the lane.

This would drastically increase the communication needed between the laners and make it so that unskilled support could actually hurt the team more.

Between warding and pinging and such I feel that adding the additional requirement of getting cs but not getting too much cs would be too much to put on the support role. Especially if you are in a lane as a support with someone who is bad at cs (quite common in lower elo)