How To Play Fullscreen Windowed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JediDwag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2010

I noticed some threads asking about this, and I looked ever so briefly for a thread discussing how to accomplish it, but I didn't see one, so I'm going to make a super quick tutorial for you guys so you can play fullscreen windowed mode like I use when I'm streaming. Check out what it looks like.

http://www.livestream.com/jedidwag.

What you need is a little program called shiftwindow. This is a super easy to use program that automatically centers the window on your screen, so you can play fullscreen without having a border around your window.

THIS ONLY WORKS if you're playing at the full resolution of your monitor.

When you download and install shiftwindow, you get a program box that looks like this.

*******http://imgur.com/ujuYl.png********

When you start a game in League of Legends, you need to make sure the game is set to windowed mode, and that it's at your monitors full resolution. If you do that, your game window will have the bar at the top, and by using shift window we can get rid of it.

What you'll do is AFTER you start your game, you bring up shift window, and you hit the "Grab" button by window title. That'll open a little menu, and you select the "League of Legends (TM) Client".

*******http://imgur.com/WRJ8v.png********

After that you hit the "trigger it" button and you should be all set!

Let me know if you have any questions!!

meze

09-27-2010

Thank you for this!

Are you having to "trigger it" every time a new game starts?

JediDwag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Yes, you have to re-trigger it every time you start a new game because of the nature of the launcher. When you launch a game, it reloads the engine, so it's like starting all over. So you simply need to alt-tab to shiftwindow, and press trigger again and you're all set.

ColdDoT

09-28-2010

I'm not sure if it is allowed but i made a loader prog that does just that.I would like to share it but not sure if its allowed. (It just removes the border and resises it to max)

Running triple screen so i had use it!

JediDwag

11-30-2010

I was discussing this program and how to use it on the SoloMid stream today. Thought I'd bump this for people that could use it.

xpress907

12-13-2010

This isnt working very well for me. When I trigger the window mode to stretch to full screen, I find that my cursor is off by a significant amount. Is there a way to fix this?

xpress907

12-13-2010

Looked around a bit more. Found this is fixed if you change your monitors resolution to the resolution of the windowed game. It's a pain to do all that just to be able to alt-tab and surf for something real quick but this does fix the cursor being off by a significant amount. If anyone else has any other fixes that dont require changing my screen resolution each time, please let me know.

xpress907

12-13-2010

geez, spoke too soon again. Duh, change the resolution of the GAME to the max (or w/e u want) resolution of ur monitor, switch to windowed mode, and then 'trigger' it using the program mentioned in this thread "ShiftWindow" and you good to go. This thread helped alot. Thanks

et3rnalife

02-02-2011

ive done all this and the window still wont resize to get rid of the bar at the top

Perb

02-02-2011

Easy fullscreen window mode fix: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=2#post5280863