This anti-asian sentiment is a major turn off. can Esports even become gobal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dat Asian Gurl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikab View Post
I'd rather Asians be playing a game then driving, MY GOD
+1 for humor!

I avoid driving whenever I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
last i checked, the asian population has the lowest accident rate O.o
-whoooosh-

---

On topic:

You're getting really confused here with why people are mad, I think. Most of the asian teams cheated when they played (excluding one or two that I can't remember at this moment) because they looked up at the minimap during pauses and such. Nothing to do with anyone being anti-asian (though there WILL be people that don't like or initially have misguided feelings about certain races).

Angry, Exasperated TL;DR: To put it in terms that many others have stated in the same arguments: "You're just an apologetic, over-sensitized person that's used to being politically correct, even when it pisses people of that race off to see you say such things."

Glaph

10-07-2012

الله هو الله وحده محمد رسول بلدي

Yuki Akuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalBad View Post
fun thing is TSM are 4 asians
Dyrus is half asian.

IS1f58c77b838d09

10-07-2012

Oh my god, an Asian team couldn't possibly cheat! To think otherwise would be extremely racist.

When is all of this politically correct **** gonna die down? Fact is, people strongly feel they cheated. Race has nothing to do with it.

warriormonkey03

10-07-2012

As much as i would like to believe race has nothing to do with it there were some pretty anti-asian comments even if the OP's of the threads weren't the ones making the comments.

What i don't understand though is how people think CLG deserves the victory over WE. If it wasn't for that first remake WE probably would have 2-0 CLG. The 60 minute CLG game that they would have won never would have happened.

?? ???

10-07-2012

Rofl, Esports is bigger in Korea than US and you act like it is an American thing

warriormonkey03

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkimidas View Post
Rofl, Esports is bigger in Korea than US and you act like it is an American thing
This is also very true. I was surprised when they were saying that this is the largest prize for any e-sport. Is this in fact larger than the Starcraft World Championships? To lazy to fact check. I mean, that game is the originator of team houses and 12+ hours of play a day.

Legion

10-07-2012

eSport in general is global, but just not in League of Legends (yet). NA fans just can't stand the fact Asian teams are better, and might actually win the S2 Championship while knocking off CLG, TSM on the way to the top. I for one, embrace the Asian teams.

DoozleDorf

10-07-2012

not anti-asian, just anti-cheating

InTecknicolour

10-07-2012

You forget that all 5 members of TSM have some sort of asian heritage.

In fact, every major team in NA has at least 1 asian on it.

This isn't anti-asian sentiment. It's anti-cheater sentiment.