June MCCC Entry - Sophia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evawin

06-01-2012

Sophia, the Arcane Oracle

Name:  Sophia, The Arcane Oracle.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  450.0 KB
Art courtesy of GasparNolasco, who can be found here at http://gasparnolasco.deviantart.com

Check him out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Role: Mage

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Health: 380 (+78)
Mana: 250 (+50)
Attack Damage:
Range: 525
Armor: 12 (+3.5)
Magic Resistance: 30 (+0)
Health Regeneration: 4.5 (+0.55)
Mana Regeneration: 7 (+0.6)
Movement Speed: 310

Lore:

Sophia was a gifted mage from the day she could speak. A descendant of the tribes of the Shurima Desert, Sophia's innate arcane latency was fostered by archmages and magicians alike. With an unnatural mastery over the very fabric of magic, Sophia grew into a potent mage duelist capable of silencing her opponents with a hushed chant or a commanding spell. With such a bright future and expansive arcane mastery, Sophia set her sights for the Halls of Justice.

However, vivid daydreams and strange memory lapses plagued her latter years of study. Her teachers, worried for her health, took her into extreme care. Sophia's mind eventually dissipated, the visions too powerful and sensational: destroyed cities, scarred earth, and the great Aether torn asunder with careless magics. With Sophia mentally absent, her teachers toiled over their options. However, a good year later, Sophia reemerged from her catatonic state forever changed. Her mind had traversed the Aether and, through a strange communion, spoke to the wounded magics of Runeterra. Their wish: to see the pointless wars and abuse of their energy to be put to an end. Embracing the request, Sophia readied her tongue to warn all of the coming disasters if their magic-infested lifestyle continued. Now, Sophia wanders throughout Valoran and beyond, speaking to any who would listen to her cause.

"Such a stern girl; perhaps she is the first of her kind to see and acknowledge the true horrors of magic..." -Maokai, the Twisted Treant

Name:  Contemplation.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  68.0 KBInnate - Contemplation:

Sophia attunes herself to the Aether around her. After not receiving damage for 3 seconds, she will regain a 0.375% of her maximum mana per second. Sophia will lose this benefit when she takes damage.

Name:  Severing Pathos.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  80.8 KBQ - Severing Pathos:

Sophia ushers down a bolt of arcane might onto target location, silencing enemies and dealing damage.

Damage: (80/130/180/230/280) + (0.4 AP)
AoE Size: 75
Spell Delay: (0.75 seconds)
Silence Duration: (1 second)
Cooldown: (11/9/7/5/3 seconds)
Mana Cost: (70/80/90/100/110 Mana)
Range: 700

Name:  Channeling Ethos.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  121.0 KBW - Channeling Ethos:

Sophia is temporarily seized by the Aether, granting her moves bonus damage.

Bonus Damage: (50/90/130/170/210) + (0.4 AP)
Duration: (3/4/5/6/7 seconds)
Cooldown: (20/17/14/11/8 seconds)
Mana Cost: (60/80/100/120/140 Mana)

Name:  Forbidding Logos.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  93.2 KBE - Forbidding Logos:

Sophia creates an unstable ripple in the Aether, slowing all enemies around the source. In addition, the ripple is attracted to fellow sources of arcane, floating towards enemy champions who have casted spells. If it comes into contact with that source, it explodes, dealing damage to all enemies nearby.

Damage: (100/140/180/220/260) + (0.7 AP)
Explosion AoE: 300
Duration: (6 seconds)
Slow: (10%/15%/20%/25% Movement Speed)
Slow AoE: 400
Cooldown: (16/14/12/10/8 seconds)
Mana Cost: (80/95/110/125/140 Mana)
Range: 800
Movement Distance*: 450
Movement Speed: (350/375/400/425/450 Movement Speed)
Vicinity**: 600

*Movement Distance refers to the maximum distance Forbidding Logos will travel after "seeing" one spell. If another spell is cast mid move, Forbidding Logos will renew the distance, moving towards its new target.
** Vicinity refers to how close Forbidding Logos must be in order to "see" a spell. Vicinity can travel over terrain, but only if there is a line of sight.

Name:  Revelation.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  130.7 KBR - Revelation:

Sophia channels, launching an orb of pure energy a great distance. Enemies that it encounters are dealt damage and silenced. Sophia may also recast Revelation mid-flight to cause it to stop, pulsing a moment before exploding, dealing more damage.

Channel: (1 second)
Skillshot Damage: (100/200/300) + (0.3 AP)
Skillshot Size: 200
Explosion Damage: (200/300/400) + (0.8 AP)
Explosion Delay: (2 seconds)
Explosion Radius: 400
Silence Duration: (2 seconds)
Cooldown: (100/75/50 seconds)
Mana Cost: (100/150/200 Mana)
Range: Global

Recommended Items:

Doran's Ring
Fiendish Codex
Sorcerer Shoes
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Rabadon's Deathcap
Banshee's Veil

Dialogue:

Upon Selection: The Aether cries...

Move 1: I understand.
Move 2: They cannot see what they have wrought.
Move 3: Bless the unmoving lip.
Move 4: I sense it as well.
Move 5: A time to dream.
Move 6: Let me think a while.
Move 7: Towards understanding.

Attack 1: Silence is golden.
Attack 2: The Aether feels vengeance.
Attack 3: Retribution.
Attack 4: It is better to work the hand than the lip.
Attack 5: Peace be upon their lips.

Taunt: Magic will be your undoing; I will be sure of it.

Joke 1: More spell nonsense? It is all Greek to me...
Joke 2: Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.

Casting Severing Pathos 1: Be silent!
Casting Severing Pathos 2: Hush!

Casting Channeling Ethos 1: We cry out~.
Casting Channeling Ethos 2: Behold the true arcane.~

Casting Forbidding Logos 1: Gaze upon your actions.
Casting Forbidding Logos 2: Think carefully; keep quiet.

Casting Revelation 1: Ha-ah!
Casting Revelation 2: See your judgment!

Special Quote (Killing Ryze/Xerath): Your hunger has bought you nothing but desolation.

~Refers to some awesome reverb to show the temporary possession. Her other lines reflect this change during the duration.

Tips playing Sophia:

-Contemplation makes Sophia an excellent long-term laner. Be sure to stay away from harass to maximize the benefit.
-Severing Pathos and Forbidding Logos makes Sophia a good counter to most mages.
-Forbidding Logos cannot be triggered by creeps.
-Revelation has the opportunity to do a good deal of damage if you're quick enough.

Tips playing against Sophia:
-Sophia's laning style revolves around keeping safe; aggression or superior farming tools are a good counter.
-Sometimes it's better to eliminate Forbidding Logos by casting a spell when pursuing.
-Revelation has a delay before exploding; make sure to stray horizontally to the projectile.

Appearance

Sophia's robes are a plain green, hung loosely over her body in a show of passivity. With a simple pair of brown sandals, a golden hat, and a pair of emerald earrings, Sophia appears to be a rather foreign mage. However, with a flick of her hand, a white sphere of arcane might is summoned, crackling towards her foe before impacting and dissipating.

Possible Skins:

Released Sophia
The time of warning is gone; now is the time for action. Sophia's attire is greatly changed, being torn by the chaotic influx of arcane energy. Her headdress is discarded, revealing her dark brown hair and rune-marked forehead. Her moves possess an unearthly blue glow, sparking greatly when she enters into her Channeling Ethos.

Storm Sophia
The thunderous elementals of the world have decided to tap into Sophia's power, granting her moves the crackle of lightning and the power of thunder. Her skin, faintly glowing with yellow might, pulses with power as her spells create sparks and great gusts of wind. Don't think this charged champion will be a calm rain cloud!

Other details

Change Log:
July 13:
-Added all the art.
June 14:
-Added a few more details, including auto-attack animation.
-Added appearance.
-Added possible skins.
-Added tips.
June 12:
-Added quotes.
-Added recommended items.
-Cleaned up the lore.
June 7:
-Added the rough lore.
-Changed around some terminology in the moveset.
June 5:
-Added hard numbers to both stats and abilities.

LeBIink

06-01-2012

So far, a good start, but I don't think it's significant though.

Innate: Not that unique, is just manna regen, but I guess it's fine since she is a mage.

Q- It totally feels like Leona's ult, calling down stuff. But this one silences, so ummm, I will say to change it cuz it's not sepcial wat so ever.

W- Again, is just a standard skill for bonus damage, nothing really unique. perhaps add some more power to it?

E- sounds really interesting actually, love the idea on moving to source of spell, but it's not clear for me on the come in conctact with enemy part, explain plz. It also feels like it's inspired from ahri.

R- ummm, great distance huh...can't judge that yet. I will suggest the orb to just go ahead to explode. Cuz this skill is not so powerful, so more power is fine, unless the first activation already deal significant damage, then nvm.

This champ feels like leona (solar power, first thought to everyone:P), ahri ( orb just happen to make me think of ahri) inspired correct me if I am wrong

evawin

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeylvlkey View Post
So far, a good start, but I don't think it's significant though.

Innate: Not that unique, is just manna regen, but I guess it's fine since she is a mage.

Q- It totally feels like Leona's ult, calling down stuff. But this one silences, so ummm, I will say to change it cuz it's not sepcial wat so ever.

W- Again, is just a standard skill for bonus damage, nothing really unique. perhaps add some more power to it?

E- sounds really interesting actually, love the idea on moving to source of spell, but it's not clear for me on the come in conctact with enemy part, explain plz. It also feels like it's inspired from ahri.

R- ummm, great distance huh...can't judge that yet. I will suggest the orb to just go ahead to explode. Cuz this skill is not so powerful, so more power is fine, unless the first activation already deal significant damage, then nvm.

This champ feels like leona (solar power, first thought to everyone:P), ahri ( orb just happen to make me think of ahri) inspired correct me if I am wrong
Well, I didn't have either Leona or Ahri in mind when I made the kit; instead, I was thinking more of being inline with the competition parameters.

LeBIink

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evawin View Post
Well, I didn't have either Leona or Ahri in mind when I made the kit; instead, I was thinking more of being inline with the competition parameters.
ok

Now that i am done the basic entry, can you review my champ too?
Sanus, the Art of Shadows
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?t=2176237\

I feel I need to change the skill names and stuff, they sound boring

evawin

06-05-2012

Added numbers.

evawin

06-12-2012

Added a whole lotta' stuff.

Warubou522

06-12-2012

I really, really want a Librarian Skin for her. Or possibly some school related skin. Just her telling people to SHUSH or BE QUIET or NO TALKING amuses me greatly.

I really like her kit. Another thing I thought of was maybe decrease her passive when she heads into battle, not just completely stop it? Or that might be a bit much, even then.

YOUR 1001 WAYS TO JUNGLE IS 2 YEARS OVERDUE, SHACO! DON'T YOU DISAPPEAR ON ME!!!!!!

evawin

06-25-2012

Sophia now has art!

evawin

07-13-2012

All art has been added. :3

GjommyFuFu

10-07-2012

And yet again, not sure why this is on my champion concept forum. This one has a little less circulation than the other though.. So I will give it a look over.

- - -

Okay, so overall, I think what you've got here is pretty straight forward and I can't really complain. Wouldn't mind playing her.

- - -
Sorry my reply to this took so long, I'm working on reinstating the thread again.
Please take a look at my newest champ?

Kalamunja, The Shadow of Ionia = http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2654498