Playoff Delay Compensation: Double IP Oct 20-21

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Nibblets

10-08-2012

hmmm. this seems good, but, tbh i'd rather a 10-win, hell, i'd even appreciate a 5-win. none of us even deserve this, an the people who were at the finals, did get compensated DEARLY. but anyway, thank you. dont listen those creeps asking for free rp.

PitsOfHell117

10-08-2012

gj RIOT

Cool Stuffz

10-08-2012

How about that double IP being on the weekend after?

Setting it on a Monday (starting in the middle of the night no less) won't let people like me take full advantage of it, because we have school or work obligations.

Stormagent

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7VL View Post
Sunday PST is an early Monday for a good portion of the world... I think 5x IP win boosts would be better IMO.
Umm....Midnight on Sunday PST is not Monday morning anywhere in the world, midnight is officially the start of a new day, so midnight on Sunday is the beginning of Sunday.

Willkill13

10-08-2012

What will that mean for ip boost that will be bought? Will they make the boost get a bonus buff?

NLdemo

10-08-2012

I too would like to know if we buy the 1 day ip boost if we will be getting 400% or 300% ip boosts.

It sounded like in the past it was 400%, but riot stealth nerfed it for the IP boost in june. I wasn't playing back then, so I can't comment on it. Just going off what I saw on forums when looking this up.

-NLdemo

ShoreXShot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

How to properly use the term midnight... Don't take this the wrong way, just trying to help. I unfortunately have made similarly confusing statements in the past until I stumbled on this bit of info.

Quote:
Is midnight the end of a day or the beginning of a day?
When someone refers to "midnight tonight" or "midnight last night" the reference of time is obvious. However, if a date/time is referred to as "at midnight on Friday, October 20th" the intention could be either midnight the beginning of the day or midnight at the end of the day.

To avoid ambiguity, specification of an event as occurring on a particular day at 11:59 p.m. or 12:01 a.m. is a good idea, especially legal documents such as contracts and insurance policies. Another option would be to use 24-hour clock, using the designation of 0000 to refer to midnight at the beginning of a given day (or date) and 2400 to designate the end of a given day (or date).
References:
http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/times.cfm

P.S. Thanks Riot... wasn't necessary but it is welcomed.

XxAscendxX

10-08-2012

Whoa.. Sunday? Da fuq is this .-.

Nitram2012

10-08-2012

Thanks Riot! You don't have to do that, but then again, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth

It was fun and exciting to watch the playoffs... Hope all of your efforts will work out and we can all have fun watching the finals! Party time! Put it on the big screen and have friends over!!! It's going to be a blast!

Thanks again!!!

Castro Disastro

10-08-2012

I want to thank you guys at Riot. Although this venue thing sucked, you handled the situation the best you possibly could. You refunded the tickets at the convention (you didn't even need to!), and you bought everyone a pizza dinner. Who does that?

Again, thank you guys at Riot for compensating the people who attended the venue, and also your large crowd of online watchers! You are, and always will the best gaming company. You set such an amazing example.

Thanks.
- Soup