Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Reds - Cait's traps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sulale

Recruiter

10-07-2012

Hey look a red, ask around the office if they can make a post regarding the tournament issues like cheating.

Micalas

10-07-2012

Quote:
Lunarì:
Hey look a red, ask around the office if they can make a post regarding the tournament issues like cheating.

Look at GD. There's a thread by Redbeard about it. Be a snarky little **** elsewhere.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

10-07-2012

Quote:
Whats A Hacker:
it's been like that for quite awhile. I am sure it's intended to work like that.

That might be, but it's easy for me to double check.

Echorion

10-07-2012

Quote:
Griftrix:
Hi. Thanks for the info. I'll bring this up tomorrow with the designer to be sure everything is working as intended.

This isn't the only think either. I've had a lot of failed jumps due to the same glitch on a few things. For example, trying to jump an ally you will hit them and slow/fall like they were in your way on ground. Also smaller terrain you could normally jump he just hits and falls.

Seems to be a chain of issues with him being treated more like he is on ground rather than in the air.

Thanks.

Verandriel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Griftrix:
Hi. Thanks for the info. I'll bring this up tomorrow with the designer to be sure everything is working as intended.

The designers have told us that it's because there is no vertical axis in LoL. At least, that's the reason they gave for why Trist couldn't jump over a powerballing Rammus or a Cait trap. If they make Kha'zix able to jump over such things, please ask that they make Trist able to jump over them as well, as fixing Kha'zix but leaving Trist behind would just be a slap to the face of every Tristana player.

KevinDelMarr

10-07-2012

Quote:
Griftrix:

If it is working as intended (leap still gets hit) then it really should be changed. Leaps/jumps should really go over those things, since the champion is going conceptually above them. It's alright if a dash gets hit, because you are just going through them, but the game really should hold more than two dimensions. Veigar stun should stun everything (except maybe untargeteable) since it's a wall, not a flat object on the ground

Narato Master

10-07-2012

Love how tristanas jump has been bugged for years, yet the moment when a 6300 IP tanky dps jump has a problem they immediately jump on it

Egotistica

10-07-2012

Quote:
Verandriel:
The designers have told us that it's because there is no vertical axis in LoL. At least, that's the reason they gave for why Trist couldn't jump over a powerballing Rammus or a Cait trap. If they make Kha'zix able to jump over such things, please ask that they make Trist able to jump over them as well, as fixing Kha'zix but leaving Trist behind would just be a slap to the face of every Tristana player.

Since as of now, Khazixtan has a leap that is superior to Tristana's in every way imaginable other than the slow.

Longer range-> check
Refresh on kill or assist-> check
Larger AoE-> check
AD scaling-> check

Bullistix

10-07-2012

Quote:
Griftrix:

while you're with them, can you ask them who's brilliant idea was that we can't flash or jump over Veigar's stun? It's ridiculous how huge it is in the first place and now we can't even use "skill" to bypass just a lame placement stun.

iimthomas

10-07-2012

Quote:
Griftrix:
That might be, but it's easy for me to double check.

the pill that tells the engine where the character is in the world is going right over the traps, thats probably why. just how it is designed