Anti-Burst Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViceFielder

05-05-2011

Hi.

I'd like to present a concept that may not be new, but I do think it'd result in an interesting character.

When you're playing, and the match reaches late game, when people are hitting harder than trucks, and you see that poor guy who didn't get to work enough on his mitigation.. and his full green bar goes into full, solid, red bar?

What if that could be used in some way?

So, imagine an ability that would (for example) get all that solid red part of his bar as power for an area blast? Maybe an area heal for teammates (not the user tho).

I think the champion using that would be most likely living on the edge. He would had to decide to either jump in a group of enemies to get a chance to do some serious damage, or... die trying, if he didn't somehow manage to use his skill before dying.

And such hero could possibly make people think twice when it goes to aoe nukes, where the user can't direct his damage.

Anyway, I don't play this game long enough to have a solid feel on it's balance, and I'm not even sure if such champion already exists...

Well, for skills I did do some thinking and it goes something like this:

Q - Releases an area blast dealing x type of damage to an y radius.
It would work on the width of his red solid bar the moment the ability was used....

W -

Well, for W I thought on either a taunt, or a positioning skill, like a dash, jump, whatever.
When activated (or maybe as passive effect) it would slow down a bit the red bar, not too much, enough so when he gets... let's say a 2 second silence/stun/whatever, the bar will be already going down, but wouldn't be totally empty.

E -
An instant AoE heal. Ammount based on red bar, but as balance measure the heal would be split evenly between allies in range.

R - Skills acts as if using all the red bar, but saves an ability level based percentage.

So he could combo skills....

Passive: Increases AD (or anything, attack speed, movespeed, ability power... etc) based on red bar.

There is also the idea of relating the red bar and his max health, because working on it's width wouldn't allow him to scale as game goes....

This hero could probably fill dps and tank roles, and it's gameplay would be about near death experiences o.O

And, the enemy could try to slow down damage, as in multiple weak attacks rather than a big burst. Or do such a burst to insta kill before the hero can react....

There are some other abilities that could be used with that.

jbachm

05-05-2011

hmm, i like the concept, but hitting the button just as the red appears doesn't seem logical. mabey when u turn it on it converts the dmg into whatever? and drains mana per second?

ViceFielder

05-06-2011

The idea is having to soak large ammounts of damage in short periods, and using it right away, not something you'd collect for later use. And by that such champion would have to be careful not to die.

Inviro

10-07-2012

Wait... Is the idea kind of like tryndamere?

GjommyFuFu

10-07-2012

I got very confused reading this, mostly because I'm tired, but I think that it's OKAY. Would definitely need a face/tweaking to be fair, or considered at all.

If you made this into a champion concept it would be a lot easier to tell.

- - -
Are you at all interested in looking at champion designs?
If so, please take a look at my newest champ.

Kalamunja, The Shadow of Ionia = http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2654498

Osprii

10-07-2012

Is sounds to me like:
Option 1: An ability that does X amount of damage, plus 100% of the damage the champion has received within the past 2 seconds. If this were the case, the champion would just stack Warmog's and other health items with no armor and magic resist, so they could turn this ability into a major nuke... or a counter nuke, technically.

Option 2: Or maybe it could be it does X amount of damage plus an AP/AD scaling ratio, plus 1% extra damage for every 1% of their health they just lost in the past 2 seconds. This way, the champion would not stack a ton of health and become tanky, they would still stack AP/AD. This is because the extra damage does not come directly from the flat amount of health they lost, it just deals more damage based off its own damage per health.

For example, for Option 1, if the champ had 4000 health, the ability did 200 points flat damage, and he just lost 2000 points of health in two seconds, the ability would do 2200. That's OP.

For Option 2, in the same situation, the ability would deal 300. However, if the champ had only 2200 health and they stacked AP/AD so the ability dealt 600 points of damage, the ability would then deal about 1100. Not as OP. Plus, they would be a lot closer to dying than in option 1.

I'm gonna say option 2 is more balanced.

Hjørne

10-07-2012

Poppy is anti-burst. Dat passive x.x