Which champ made you want to play support in ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozwizard6

10-23-2012

I play support with friends all time. If I can help it, I NEVER support in ranked. Whenever I have to I always played Taric since he felt safe enough for ranked. When I play with friends I like to play Lux support cuz of my aggressive playstyle.
Neway, I finally played Sona, cuz she's free this week. Found my new ranked support. Hell, I may even start calling support. I understand she's about to be nerfed, but i'm not sure I care. The ability to be aggressive, like lux, but safe like taric is the perfect middle ground for me. Also her ult is a teamfight turnaround if used correctly.

So all you people who play support in ranked, which champ do you use the most, and why?

Wrath of Okard

10-23-2012

Alright, I'd like to start with a question. What are they nerfing about Sona? She is my favorite support as well and I honestly feel like shes balanced. Unless you are AD Sona of course, in which case they might be the reason for the nerf which ruins our balanced support. If you get a chance, I also highly recommend Zilean. He is rarely seen, but he is amazing support. Great harrass from a distance with bombs, can speed up allies and slow down enemies, his ult allows a revival of someone who is about to die, and he can reverse time to drop his cooldowns by 10 seconds everytime he uses it.

AJStarhiker

10-23-2012

I like Lulu. I usually play her as support, but she has a strong enough poke to be a threat if I switch her to AP.

UgmoDuck

10-23-2012

I saw Muffinqt play and make a video on Leona. She is really fun to play. Ali is okay, i just find it hard to land my w -> q. Blitz is fun for the grabs (you can really make or break a team with 1 wrong or right grab).

Leona still wins, the pokes you can land, and she really punishes ppl who get caught.
I recommend you watch his video.

Azerax53

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath of Okard View Post
Alright, I'd like to start with a question. What are they nerfing about Sona? She is my favorite support as well and I honestly feel like shes balanced. Unless you are AD Sona of course, in which case they might be the reason for the nerf which ruins our balanced support. If you get a chance, I also highly recommend Zilean. He is rarely seen, but he is amazing support. Great harrass from a distance with bombs, can speed up allies and slow down enemies, his ult allows a revival of someone who is about to die, and he can reverse time to drop his cooldowns by 10 seconds everytime he uses it.
Are you kidding me Sona is balanced support? don't make me laugh. Did you even watch season 2 tournament? Sona 90% of the time she was picked that team won. Sona's support is off the charts compared to other supports so that will be why they are nerfing her because she is OP support.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-23-2012

Nunu.

OriginalJack

10-23-2012

Yeah sona is one of the most picked supports right now.

@OP the champ that got me to like supporting was Janna when I realized how a well placed ult can turn a team fight around

Wrath of Okard

10-23-2012

I honestly dont believe that. Stephano makes zerg look OP while Protoss is the better race in SC2 right now. My point being, the best in the world just have better skill and it makes champs seem OP because others arent as good. Sona is fine.

Corner Warrior

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath of Okard View Post
The problem, Sir Wrath, is that you are at a pretty low ELO - not saying to be rude. At the upper levels you can see that she is too safe with the amount of health she has to just poke away at the enemy team with no thought of ganking. So she will be a bit more squishy at the Nov 6 patch date

as far as zil is concerned - once you get some better competition, his usefulness goes down... since the adc should be getting all of the CS, when you drop a bomb on a champ (if they're good) they will run up to low cs and when it detonates you will be taking cs from your adc. That's why you don't see him in higher level competitions

Grollm

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgmoDuck View Post
I saw Muffinqt play and make a video on Leona. She is really fun to play. Ali is okay, i just find it hard to land my w -> q. Blitz is fun for the grabs (you can really make or break a team with 1 wrong or right grab).

Leona still wins, the pokes you can land, and she really punishes ppl who get caught.
I recommend you watch his video.
Ugmo I had a hard time with this too, but I figured out the timing. You have to pulverize right as you start the animation of your headbutt. You almost hit the buttons simultaneously with maybe a .25 second pause between. Even pro Alistar players don't land the q+w combo 100% of the time because it was not intended to be used that way. If you're serious about wanting to get good with Ali I would suggest having a friend and you do a custom game and just practice landing the combo. I can usually doing it about 70% of the time. As far as supports go I used to always like playing a passive support, but the problem with the lower elo play is that if you are playing a passive support and your carry sucks you really can't do much for the team late game because your carry either fed or the lane was at a stalemate. I like playing aggressive supports like Leona, Alistar, Blitz. Volibear is also a very scary support and if Voli gets a few kills bot lane he can turn into an unkillable monster late game. Soraka is still my best support, but I even play her aggressively; using my e and q to harass, throwing bananas whenever I can. No one expects the banana.