Yorick needs addressing!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToG Titan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I just finished a game where a Yorick player did 700 damage to me in one hit, I was playing graves, and the only items he had were a manamune, and a frozen mallet. If that is the ad scaling on his Q, it needs to be reduced, that damage is WAY too high. As a note, my passive was at full stacks, it was at the tail end of a team fight.

lol its georgie

10-08-2012

lose to a fed champion then go on forums to have it nerfed. if only it were that easy

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToG Titan View Post
I just finished a game where a Yorick player did 700 damage to me in one hit, I was playing graves, and the only items he had were a manamune, and a frozen mallet. If that is the ad scaling on his Q, it needs to be reduced, that damage is WAY too high. As a note, my passive was at full stacks, it was at the tail end of a team fight.
Why you are even letting someone like Yorick get anywhere close to you is my question, also, are you saying a champion that provides no hard CC to a team needs to not do damage, I'm sorry, how bad are you?

Jamaree

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol its georgie View Post
lose to a fed champion then go on forums to have it nerfed. if only it were that easy
Thankfully it isn't that easy, I still love how random players who don't take scaling, w/l ratios up, or don't even play ranked can magically understand balance better then the creators of the game.

MarcusGraves

10-08-2012

really needed that 2nd PD over a guardian angel or last whisper huh? http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20475505#history

considering the yorick had frozen heart and so did the nunu you should of bought one of those 2 items them you prob would of been killing them easily or surviving

ToG Titan

10-08-2012

He did that 700 BEFORE the frozen heart. This isn't about my game, how I played or built, it's about the fact that with a manamune, and a frozen mallet, which together don't give a whole hell of a lot of AD, that Yorick did 700 damage with a single hit.

Also, he was NOT fed at the time, he was like 3/6 or something.

I know why I lost the game, AND I know what I could have done better, but that has nothing to do with my post, so why are you bringing that up in the first place?

*Edit* This is Champion Feedback, not player feedback.

Jamaree

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToG Titan View Post
He did that 700 BEFORE the frozen heart. This isn't about my game, how I played or built, it's about the fact that with a manamune, and a frozen mallet, which together don't give a whole hell of a lot of AD, that Yorick did 700 damage with a single hit.

Also, he was NOT fed at the time, he was like 3/6 or something.

I know why I lost the game, AND I know what I could have done better, but that has nothing to do with my post, so why are you bringing that up in the first place?
Because you are obviously forgo some things, such as if you had any armor, what buffs his team was giving him, while also acting like you understand balance better then the creators of the game because you got beaten by him one time.

ToG Titan

10-08-2012

Okay, seriously, stop attacking me. I DID NOT say that I "understood the balance better than the creators"

This is my feedback, and I know Yorick is very strong from a lot of games, not just this one game. I finally had a concrete number to go off of from my death recap is what spurred me to post this.

And dude, this is a Champion Feedback forum yes? Where you give your feedback on champions? that's all I'm doing, I don't care if they change it or not, and if the 1.2 AD scaling on yoricks Q is balanced, then I'm fine with that, but I am bringing this up because for an underfarmed and underfed yorick to just walk up and smoke me for 700 damage feels WRONG..

Telamox

10-08-2012

As Hard CC goes up, damage goes down.

As Damage goes up, Hard CC goes down.

As for his hit of 700, it is quite possible for him to achieve it with a Q-modified auto attack with 2-3 ghouls up because of his passive, with a manamune and a frozen mallet. Factoring in your armor, any reductions, any armor penetration he is running, his mana pool, runes, masteries, it is quite possible.

You have only said he did 700 damage with 2 items. One Hit, but you have not given us your armor, any armor reductions that occur in this team fight, etc. As for his AD scaling, 1.2 is high, but not so high as to be an issue on a champion who relies on ghouls and his passive for damage output. Yorick can't stun, suppress, silence, knockup or knockback. Thus his damage needs to be higher then the average to compensate. It's why Darius has his true damage ulti, instead of a physical damage one.

MarcusGraves

10-08-2012

honestly though what do you expect on one of the squishiest classes in the game? i don't care if its graves with a fully stacked passive your still a squishy class.