Finally Got Level 30

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SouthernIrishND

10-07-2012

What tips do you have for a player who is about to play his first ranked game?

The season is almost over and the ELO reset is coming, but I'd still appreciate some tips.

On another note...I win around 3/5 of my normal games (many times due to being carried). Will this affect how I'm matched up in ranked (as in, will I play against good players)? My guess is that normal ELO has nothing to do with ranked, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks.

Durzaka

10-07-2012

you just hit 30.

Dont play ranked games yet.

Hirumonogatari

10-07-2012

^ what he said.

you really want to have a good feel of the game. if you really want a more competitive scene, try normal draft picks. you should know the ins and outs of at least 10 champions, preferably in different roles and can play them effectively before you move on to ranked.

panab

10-07-2012

when you kda is more then 4 then start concidering it. Before that . probably not a good idea

ThaWiseWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Don't play ranked until you can play 2-3 champions at every role (Top, Mid, Jungle, ADC, Support)

Also have runes for all those roles.

Gnarzard

10-07-2012

Actually you'd probably be better off playing ranked right away. Sure you'll get your ass kicked but you'll learn the game quicker. Plus season 2 is almost over so even if you screw up you can start fresh for season 3.

As for tips, buy wards. Wards save lives. That 75 gold invested just saved the enemy from getting 300+ gold from killing you. At this stage of the game you need to start realizing the advantages that gold and objectives have on the game rather than worrying about getting kills.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Don't play ranked right off level 30. That's what I did, and I'm now 750 ELO. Granted, I'm not all that much better then that now, but the fact is, you'll plunge, and you'll drag others down with you.

As others have said, be able to play every role, have 2-3, or more, champions for each role, and have at least 2 decent rune pages, one for AP and one for AD(more is significantly better here), and 5 mastery pages, one for each role. More is also better here.

Uncanny Doom

10-07-2012

I've heard that your first bunch of matches in ranked are worth a lot of elo win or lose, so it's probably not a good idea to jump into it right away. You should be very comfortable with a few champions each role so that you can help your team in any way you can before trying ranked. There shouldn't be common flaws in your game play like any issues with last hitting, farming, or forgetting to ward or anything like that.