[Champion Concept] Lucien, the Possessed

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darsaj

01-12-2013

I had some time to kill so I thought I'd flesh out the champ a little bit. Added emotes

Darsaj

01-29-2013

Again, more time to kill. Thought of a cool hidden passive. It's after the abilities. Feedback would be appreciated please

Darsaj

02-07-2013

Bumping this to try and get more reviews. I really want people's opinions, as many as I can get

Varnoc

02-14-2013

Hey there, came accross this and it seems like a solid concept, in short:
Passive: Seems solid, some may not understand the ' bonus ad gainded by this does not stack with itsself', unfortuneately, there are not many ways to explain this, unless you pointed to an exsisting champion in game (Vladimir's Passive)
Q- Seems solid, good poke at reasonable range, for the ratios. it may be easier to simply say 'x damage +40% of total ad' or such
W- Good Gap closer, decent cooldown
E- Might be overkill having two poke abilities, however this is melee, so it should be fine, good lane sustain ability
R- Standard Sterioid ability, no complaints there as it unlocks 3 new abilities, only complaint is that the bonus attack damage you get from this ability seems high, considering Alistar's Ultimate also grants bonus ad, if you check the numbers, they are significantly less (an average of about 20) and all of his abilities scale off of ap, making this ability specifically affect only his auto attacks. reduce the total numbers by about 10-15, and i'd be happy with it.

One thing i've noticed is that your abilities have very low base damage and high ratios, while this is a fine balance, you damage output against a target that heavily reduces your attack damage (namely Baron Nashor) is significantly reduced. Consider increasing base damage and lowering ratios to fix this issue, and all should be well. This also fixes the issue of what if you get gold starved? Your abilities would be next to useless if you built anything but pure AD on all 5 of your items (boots as 6th), if you are stumped for numbers, try visiting the League of Legends Wikia page, they have the numbers for all the current champions. Base your numbers on those and you should be fine.

Best of Luck - Varnoc

Darsaj

02-14-2013

So I read Varnoc's review and realized he was mostly right lol. I didn't take into account how badly AD reduction would hurt him. So, the changes in order:
-Raised the base damage on his Q by +10 across all levels. Also changed the ratios to %AD, and lowered them slightly.
-Raised the base damage on his W by +10 across all levels, but I left the ratios alone.
-Raised base damage on E by +5 across all levels. Left the ratio alone
-Lowered the bonus base AD of his Ultimate by -5/-10/-15

Thanks to Varnoc and all others who reviewed this. I'm glad I didn't have to overhaul him as much as I thought I would have to lol

Frostbite Snipes

02-14-2013

Pretty cool, I think the ult may be going a bit....overboard. I mean it gives you a LOT of bonus health and AD, and it also gives bonus effects on all the abilities, for 25 seconds too. 25 seconds is quite a lot. I like the idea....but I'd suggest maybe toning it down just a little overall? It would be just fine without the big AD boost imo. But I like the idea all around.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3084416 If you could, it would be nice if you checked out my concept.

Darsaj

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite Snipes View Post
Pretty cool, I think the ult may be going a bit....overboard. I mean it gives you a LOT of bonus health and AD, and it also gives bonus effects on all the abilities, for 25 seconds too. 25 seconds is quite a lot. I like the idea....but I'd suggest maybe toning it down just a little overall? It would be just fine without the big AD boost imo. But I like the idea all around.
Well if you look at Nasus' Ult, it does way more. Especially with the recent buffs to it. I'd like to think my ability is sorta between Renekton's and Nasus' Ult. Yes, the bonus HP may be large, but I'm not thinking for him to be built overly tanky. That's why his damage is a little lower than normal, so you would have to build more attack items than tank items. His Ult is just to help him stay in the team fight, which are now starting to drag on longer thanks to the new items so the duration lets him stay in Possessed form for a little longer than the teamfight.

TL;DR Yes it may be overboard, but there are reasons to it

Darsaj

02-18-2013

Hey, I seem to have a lot of time to kill these days. Added a Judgement for Lucien, as well as touching up his Lore a little. Thinking of trying to get a friend of mine to do some splash art, etc. If you have any spare sketches that you think could portray either Lucien or Vashirik, please post it here.

Sir Shadow Isles

02-18-2013

The ult is not overly powered due to items like Blade of the Ruined King. I like this concept. It brings something new to the table. Keep up the good work. Also, I have a couple of champs in the making, but I have one posted. I would be thankful if you could take a look and tell me what you think.

Champion: Seren, the Vengeful Orphan.

The5lacker

02-21-2013

Stats wise, health scaling and regen are way too low, damage is a bit high (150 base AD at level 18. Ow.), attack speed and magic resist are all way too high. The highest base AS at the moment is just under 0.7, and most people don't reach an base AS of 0.9 until, like, 14th level. MR always scales as either +1.25, +0.75, or 0 (Depending on whether the champ is ranged or not), and 25 base MR is scary good.

Doesn't stack with itself but stacks 6 times? Your passive is confusing as hell, dawg. I don't think you meant to say base Attack Damage, because base attack damage is the attack damage he has from his level and nothing else. Any bonus would obviously not be added to that. 30% bonus base AD doesn't scale well into late game, but gives him a pretty potent early game.

After looking through his whole kit, I'm imagining his Ult basically makes his skills behave like Lee Sin's. An interesting idea, but a bit difficult to manage due to his ult's short initial duration.

90 (+45 total AD) damage at rank one is fair for such an ability, though scalings usually don't change from rank. In addition, most things that don't proc on-hit effects don't scale on total AD, only bonus, and it's usually a bit higher. I'd change it to 60% bonus AD on the first pass through, and 30% bonus AD on the return. Possessed variant is interesting, but again, just set it to a single bonus AD scaling.

AP scaling on this guy seems off, and again, scaling doesn't increase with rank. If this is a targeted dash, the base damage is way, way too low, and even if it's a skillshot pass-through dash that's practically nothing at max rank. Possessed variant isn't much to write home about, but it seems functional enough, so long as you raise the damage and change the AP scaling to AD.

Curious if the bonus damage is Lucien's or the target's current health. If it's Lucien's, that seems really awkward, as it gets progressively weaker as he does (Contrasted to gaining in strength as he looses health, which is both entertaining and offers an element of surprise.) An AoE heal on him just seems...off to me. I'd switch it to merely granting him a buff that provides a lesser version of the on-hit effects on all hits for a few seconds.

Ult is kinda awkward. It's a transforming mechanic, which is neat, but is does hella changes to his kit. Scaling per rank is off: All scaling per rank is always linear. 700 bonus health is quite a lot at max rank, though I suppose it's to compensate for his abysmal base health. You cannot add to base attack damage: That is literally its definition. It is the champion's attack damage before any modifications. If you want his passive to synergize with his ult, make his passive increase his total attack damage (which, again, obviously won't stack with itself.)

The big problem I see with him is that as he levels up, he basically 100% requires his ult to do much of anything. His scalings on a lot of things are really bad, but his Ult compensates for all of them. I'd change that up a bit. Make all of his scalings reasonable and then make his ult reasonable, and make his ult more reliable. 90 second cooldown on an ability so crucial to his functionality is a bad idea. Either give it a shorter cooldown, or make it a toggle with some sort of cost. A fury meter would go well here, utilizing it kinda like Shyvana.

123456 ... 10