Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Lucien, the Possessed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darsaj

10-07-2012

So I've been playing with this champ idea for a looooong time, since about halfway thru Season 1. Also, this is my first time posting anything like this , so bear with me and please read the whole thing before leaving any comments, and also be completely honest.

Alexei, the Possessed
Melee, Fighter

Stats:
All of these start out as his stats at Level One. The second number is the base at Level 18.
Health: 450 (+95/lvl) 2160 at Lvl 18
Health Regeneration: 6.75 per 5 sec (+.7/lvl) 19.35 per 5 Lvl 18
Mana: N/A
Attack Damage: 50.5 (+3.4/lvl) 111.7 Lvl 18
Ability Power: 0 (0/lvl)
Attack Speed: 0.672/sec
Attack Range: 125
Movement Speed: 360
Armor: 17.5 (3.3/lvl) 76.9 Lvl 18
Magic Resist: 30 (1.25/lvl) 52.5 Lvl 18
These stats are probably going to be weird late game. Again, read everything before commenting please.

Resource:

Alexei uses Concentration as a resource, shown as a purple bar underneath his Health, going from 100 down to 0. For every ability Alexei uses that strikes an enemy, he loses 10 Concentration. Every time Alexei is struck by an enemy ability, he loses 5 Concentration. When he reaches 0 Concentration, his Ultimate becomes usable. After his Ultimate ends, Alexei returns to 100 Concentration. Bar becomes visible after Alexei puts one rank in his Ultimate, starting at 50 Concentration. His Concentration will increase slowly (5 every 3 seconds)back up to a cap, the caps being at 25, 50, 75, and 100.
Thought this would fit, considering his lore. If it seems too weird, could always change to Rage or maybe a Ferocity-esque resource. The slow increase of his resource is to keep people from keeping his Concentration at 0 to save it for a gank or to counter-gank. I wanted his Ult to seem like something you should use to turn the tide of a fight.

Abilities:

Passive: Black Rage
For each blow Alexei lands, he gains 5% of his base Attack Damage as Bonus Attack Damage for 4 seconds. Stacks 6 times.
Like Jax's passive, but for AD. Should help early game with beating off ganks and for last hitting.

Q: Red Lance/Crimson Storm
Alexei throws his blades forward, dealing 60/75/90/105/120 (+70 % AD) physical damage to all targets hit. Upon reaching max range, the blades return, causing 30/45/60/75/90 (+60 % AD) physical to all targets hit. Targets after the first take 15% reduced damage, minimum of 40%. (Range 800, Width 150).
When Possessed, for 3 seconds after the returning of his blade, Alexei can launch his blade in an area attack, dealing 100/120/140/160/180 (+75 % AD) physical to all targets hit and slowing them by 15/19/23/27/31 % for 4 seconds. (Range 400)
Cooldown: 7/6.7/6.4/6.1/5.8 seconds
A pretty simple ranged poke. Numbers could be tweaked, but I believe it's a pretty good ability with the secondary ability. Secondary ability would be like a large version of Riven's stun, he would throw the blade out out and it would circle around and return.

W: Raging Thirst/Tribute
Alexei's next basic attack causes an additional 15/22/29/36/43 (+12% of maximum Health) physical damage and healing himself for 50/55/60/65/70% of the damage dealt.
When Possessed, Alexei can activate this ability again within 4 seconds to heal all allied units besides Alexei in 600 range for 60/70/80/90/100% of the health received from Raging Thirst, and increasing attack speed by 20% for 7 seconds.
Cooldown: 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
Alexei's spammable ability, especially at max level. The heal isn't all that much, but is great for drawn out fights. The secondary is going to be good for team fights.

E:Painful Dash/Pain Wave
Alexei dashes towards target area, causing 80/105/130/155/180 (+70 % Bonus AD) physical damage in a 300 range, 80 degree cone in front of him. (Range 400)
When Possessed, Alexei can dash a second time within 4 seconds, causing 90/110/130/150/170 (+80 % Bonus AD) physical, and doubling the wave range to 600. The conal area remains at 80 degrees. Damage is the same for all targets hit.(Range 400)
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
Another poke, with the potential to be a good chase or escape ability. Again, the numbers could be tweaked.

R:Final Release
Alexei allows the Daemon Vashirik to surface, gaining 350/500/650 max Health, 30/55/80 Attack Damage, and allows all of his basic abilities to enable proc abilities for additional effects. Lasts until Concentration goes back up to 100. Concentration will increase by 5 every second in combat, and 10 every second if Alexei has not taken or dealt damage within 3 seconds. Requires a .5 second channel. Requires Alexei to be at 0 Concentration.
Alexei's Ultimate, functioning like Nasus' and Renekton's Ult. The interesting thing about this Ult is the choice of using an ability twice for additional effects. Model becomes slightly larger and grows horns and translucent wings, with a dark purple aura radiating from him. The dual katanas also become a single weapon, larger than the two blades individually. A note on the Proc abilities: Cooldowns begin after the secondary is used or fades.

Hidden Passive: When facing a Void champion on the other team, Alexei gains new taunt emotes specific for the closest enemy Void champion. Reasoning for this is that Daemons and Voidborn are bitter enemies.
Cho'Gath: The bigger they are, the easier they die.
Kog'Maw: Come chew on these! *flips swords in a backwards grip and presents them, then flips back to his regular stance*
Kha'Zix: Try and eat me? You don't have the stomach.
Vel'Koz: I'll teach you something you won't forget, mongrel.
Malzahar (not technically Voidborn, but still a Void champion): Envision this, Seer. *points and draws blade across his neck*
Kassadin (again, not Voidborn but Void champion): Think the Void is scary? Try seeing a Daemon.

Lore (FYI, I am not a writer)
As a child, Alexei was carefree and adventurous. His parents struggled to keep up. At the age of 17, Alexei decided to leave home to explore the world. While traveling through a dense jungle, Alexei got lost. Searching for the trail in vain for several hours, he stumbled across a cave nestled in the roots of an enormous tree. His curiosity compelled him to explore it.

Deep beneath the earth, Alexei came upon a great hall. In the center of the hall was an altar. Two large katanas lay upon it, marked with an ancient language and untouched by dust. As Alexei examined the blades, he was struck by a vision of a great and beautiful underground city, teeming with people. As the vision progressed, he witnessed a war ravage the city. But instead of people fighting people, they fought against Demons. In the end, he saw a group of mages lock away the leader of the fell army within the katana, breaking it into two separate blades.

As the vision receded, Alexei was torn. He knew the Demons should not released into the world again, but he also did not want another to fall prey to the evil present within the halls. So, despite every fiber of his being rebelling, he took up the katanas. Immediately, the essence of the Daemon Lord suffused his being, changing him into something less than human, or maybe more. Now he fights everyday to keep the Demon Lord Vashirik from breaking free. 74 years after his choice, he caught a whisper of the League. Alexei realized he could not control the Daemon forever. Approaching the Summoning Council, he offered to fight for help in ridding the world of Vashirik.

This world does not deserve the horror I've witnessed. Not a single person does.
-Alexei

Emotes:
On champ select: Again, we must fight.
Movement(Human): -I've never wanted to hurt anyone.
-If I have to...
-Come on, I'm waiting!
-Summoner, do you know where you're going?
(Possessed): -*laugh* Let's make them bleed!
-Scatter to the winds!
-So tiny... So weak!
Attacking (Human): -Hey, this is easy!
-*low whisper can be heard* Fine, Vashirik.
-Oh, come on!
(Possessed): -Break yourselves upon my blade!
-Simple creatures...
-*laughs maniacally*
Joke (Human): -I hear a hum... Anyone else hear it?
-*smacks head* Ok, it's gone.
(Possessed): -I used to fly, then I took a League to the wing...
-Ever seen a field painted red? Or black? I want to...
Taunt (Human): -*sheathes blades* Live for the moment *draws inhumanly fast* , then die.
(Possessed): -*stretches wings and lifts head high* Weakness! It is purged!
Dance (Human): *Katana kata, moving through a few routines*
(Possessed): -*Rocks out to Waking the Demon by Bullet For My Valentine* (Uses the single Katana as a guitar, kinda like Mordekaiser's dance)
Death (Human): *slumps forward* I... Failed. *falls sideways*
(Possessed): *falls to knees* Not yet! *disintegrates into shadow-scraps*
Note: Vashirik's voice is deeper than Alexei's, and carries a natural growl.

Judgement

Observation:
No one really takes notice of the unassuming teenager that steps into the entrance hall of the Institute of War. Not that it would matter if they did, for he doesn't pay them any mind either. His concentration is turned inward, a slight scowl the only evidence of the eternal war raging in his head. He is dressed in what seems normal travelling clothes, cloth and leather layered as light armor. However, the normal traveler image is dispelled when one truly looks at Alexei, for he seems to glow a dark and sinister purple, only visible when one isn't truly focusing on him. The image is further dispelled when one sees the two large, black katanas strapped to his waist without sheaths. They seem to suck in the light, becoming darker as he passes beneath the chandeliers suspended in the hall. Even more disturbing are his eyes, large pools of dark purple malevolence, with only a small bit of green at the center.

After a walk that he didn't pay any attention to, Alexei realizes he is at the end of the hall. The grand doors do not impress him, for he has seen grander architecture. "The truest opponent lies within," he mutters, obviously amused. "Can't be any different than what's already within me, I guess." The doors open with the slightest pressure, revealing the absolute darkness beyond it. With a sad smile, Alexei enters.

Reflection:
The first thing that caught his attention was the noise. Or rather, the lack of any. To him, there has always been a slight buzz in his head, the ramblings of the trapped Vashirik. Also gone was the familiar wight of the dual over-large katanas that he took up all those years ago. He immediately tries to call shadowflame to his hands, thinking the summoners had tricked him into entering the room just to steal away the power of the Daemon. When it fails, he is confused.

Suddenly, he feels himself falling in the dark. He closes his eyes. In an instant, the feeling stops. Opening his eyes, his breath is taken away at the sight of Ghal'zheru, the ancient underground city he had seen the ruins of 74 years ago. The lights of the city make the eternal darkness seem like the intruder in this light-less place. The beauty is unmatched, even by the great city-states of Valoran. Tears come to his eyes as he remembers what befalls it.

His vision blurs, the view shifting. As it clears, Alexei knows what is happening. He stands tall, surrounded by horrific creatures beyond imagining. Scanning the fell army, he feels his lips curl into a smile. He raises his arm, holding a giant katana, black hand wrapped around the spiked hilt.

He takes a moment to marvel at the weapon before thrusting it towards the city. "TO THE DEATH OF ALL MORTALS!" He bellows, the sign to attack. The army immediately charges forward, almost faster than the eye can track. He joins the charge, not wanting to miss his chance in the fun.

The vision blurs again, moving forwards into the memory. The first thing that registers is the feeling of blood washing over his hands and forearm. The lifeless body of a defenseless citizen of Ghal'zheru hangs on his blade, blood still pouring from the wound. Alexei feels his face split into a maniacal grin, laughter ripping through him to drown out the sounds of the slaughter.

"Why do you want to join the League, Alexei?"

Alexei snaps his head back to the body hanging on his blade. Instead of the corpse hanging motionless like it should have, its eyes were staring hard into his, its expression blank. Alexei is confused for a moment, before the memories of the League of Legends replace the horror and ecstasy of the more carnal memory. As he ponders the question, everything else recedes to blackness, leaving him and the body hanging on the katana.

"I'll ask again. Why do you want to join the League, Alexei?"

"You know why!" Alexei snaps. "You just witnessed what I dream of every night! I want to be at peace again! I want Vashirik destroyed!" Tears start streaming down his cheeks, and he realizes he is in his own body once again, alone in the darkness.

"How does it feel, exposing your mind?" the question seems to come from everywhere and nowhere.

With a small chuckle, Alexei stares straight ahead. "I hope you were careful, Summoner. I'm not the only one in here." As he finishes, the large doors reopen, light spilling into the room. Walking towards the light, Alexei hears from behind him, "Welcome to the League."

New Note: I have a fanfiction of Alexei's adventures in the League! Can be found here: Tales of the Possessed (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9241790/1/Tales-of-the-Possessed)

Darsaj

10-09-2012

figured i'd bump this just to see who responds

NobSaiboot

12-01-2012

I'd respond if it was this good...I love it! :3

Passive : Not a bad idea. 30% (When fully stacked) isn't a whole lot but it's nothing to sneeze at either.
Q : Fairly straight forward. Good poke. Only thing I didn't quite get was the secondary abilities...What kind of AoE is it? And how big is the AoE?
W : Good gap closer...But %hp? It would make sense for a AoE circle or a DoT but it doesn't make all that much sense on a Gap closer.
E : Good amplifier. Good heal. Very useful.
R : Fairly self-explanatory. No complaints here.

Lore...For a first timer(?) you did alright. It got the basic story across which is the point of the lore for the most part. If you'd like any help might I suggest you talk to Moby the White? He's a genius when it comes to making this stuff. :3

Hope that helps! Perhaps a friendly look at one of my champions would be alright? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2838138 You don't have to if you don't want to. ^^

Void22

12-02-2012

An interesting Champion.

Passive: A fair ability, I echo what Cryo said.
Q: Good ability, no complaints there.
W: The concept is fine but I would increase its base damage a bit. I will leave the numbers up to you.
E: A good ability, gives him sustain. I like it however, I would make this his W as that is generally the self buff ability.
R: Your standard ult steroid. Seems pretty solid but, would his image change when he becomes possessed?

Hope you found this helpful. I would appreciate if you could review my champion:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2827962&highlight=cambio

Fierce Summoner

12-02-2012

Eternal Thirst. Warwick's Passive is Eternal Thirst. Doesn't Really matter though

ZanzabarTheEagle

Recruiter

12-02-2012

he seems well rounded, i think that the ratio on his q is a little high, 90% of his ad at max level maybe reduce that to 75-80% other than that it seems fairly good. and the passive you say it doesnt stack with it self im confused as to how it would stack with itself? i mean the passive it self does no damage mearly amplifies your damage the more you hit things with a max cap of 6 times it can proc so 30% of your ad is converted into additional ad... wait i think i got it say you have 50 ad well 5% of that is 2.5 so on 1 hit that would be a + 2.5 to the ad making it 52.5 but it only gives that +2.5 it doesnt go off of the new ad value; thats what you mean by it doesnt stack with itself right?

MItchgb

Recruiter

12-17-2012

seems kinda zed/LeeSin ......ish. overall very good i enjoyed reading the concept.

Darsaj

01-07-2013

wow didn't think anyone would even look at this lol. thank you all for the comments and i will take it all into consideration. like i said this is my first time trying anything like this lol

Darsaj

01-07-2013

There edited it lol. Dropped his Q ratios a little bit, changed the ratio on his W to AP instead of HP% and gave a little more explanation on some of the abilities. Again thanks for the suggestions

Killerpool

01-07-2013

(Passive) very good
(Q) very good i like it
(W) pretty good
(E) no complaints good ability
(R) great ability
Hes a very good champion and i will love to play whit him

Here is my champion. Please take a look if you want and tell my what you think it'll be of a great help:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2978926