Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A GOOD LoL CHAMPION?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMythStaIker

10-07-2012

I just hit 1350 IP again today. I was wondering what champion to buy. (thinking of tryndamere or fiddlesticks). I've already bought Jax and enjoyed him. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks

NoobaAlien

10-07-2012

Tryndamere???? cause i got lots of kills with him

CounterSnipe

10-07-2012

I think if you have Jax already, tryndamere isn't needed. They both focus on dealing lots of damage in close ranged. The main difference is that:
Jax: Can be built full ad, full ap, or hybrid.
Tryndamere is only built ad.

So there is a bit of a disadvantage to having tryndamere.

Fiddle sticks is lots of fun if you play him in jungle or mid. One problem with him is that when he jungles he almost always starts blue. If I were you I would look into:

Morgana - She is very powerful and easy to play. Lots of fun.
Teemo - Pretty easy to use once you get the hang of csing. Can be built a lot of different ways, and that's always fun.
Twisted Fate - Is a blast once you learn him. Very powerful like Morgana. Not recommended if you're still new to game.
Malphite - He's fun as well. Pretty ok jungle. Very hard to kill due to his ability to build armor while also augmenting damage.

If you're looking for very fun champions my top two recommendations are Lee Sin and RIven. Also Shaco. But that's if you're willing to wait on the IP.

CowMeat

10-07-2012

Buy champs that you play during free week and that you enjoy.

Alistair, Malphite, Chogath, Eve, Amumu, Morganna, Taric, and Twisted Fate are strong champions at 1350 IP. Ryze and Sivir and viable 450 IP champions.

I wouldn't recommend purchasing Fiddle or Tryn because they are both fun, but weaker champions.

cowpotato

10-07-2012

Since you're only lvl 7, I recommend you get teemo. If you get used to those OP champions ( at around your level ) you won't find the game as interesting.

Dorotheus

Recruiter

10-07-2012

You should work on getting all the 450s if you haven't already.

Other than that, just look at champs you like visually 1st, then of those look at the one that sounds most bad ass with a cool kit.

Keep that champ and run to level 30 with it.

magna200

10-08-2012

tryndamere is quite fun in low levels (imo) but he's pretty easily countered when people start knowing how to stop him.

TheMythStaIker

10-08-2012

OR shall i save up for 3150 and then buy a champion, cause im pretty good with jax for my lvl. (also forgot to mention but i also have alister and tristina).

ACGIFT

10-08-2012

I don't recommend buying Alistar; it's a waste of 1,350 IP. Why's that? It's because you can get him for free; using the correct means/links provided by Riot, you can subscribe to their YouTube channel to unlock him (plus an exclusive skin, but that's secondary) for free. Hard to say no to a free champion, especially when he's consistently one of the top bans in ranked, so you know he makes his enemies hate him.

BardicPaladin

10-08-2012

I highly recommend saving your IP, and instead trying free champs in coop vs ai. It's hard to judge how a champ plays without trying them yourself, so therefore it's harder to actually know who you'll like to play.