Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lov3ll

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
A lovely night of awesomeness!
Unless you're from Europe/Russia in which case it'll start at 12&3am a bit harsh considering 2 of the matches include Euro teams. ;/

Phanman

10-08-2012

@Redbeard, Are you planning to make ruling on your investigations before Wednesday the 10th? It seems a bit important to finalize the ruling before competition continues.

YoshioPeePee

10-08-2012

its very classy that riot has allowed all of the teams to stay for the duration of the tournament

they all have worked very hard to get here and it'd be a shame if the early eliminations were forced to pack it up and go home, they should enjoy themselves, they've earned it!

Cukimonsta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

So what happens if AF did cheat?? Do they get DQed or rematch?

Zeranis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

What about other teams that were pointed out?

Okabe1 048596

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lov3ll View Post
Unless you're from Europe/Russia in which case it'll start at 12&3am a bit harsh considering 2 of the matches include Euro teams. ;/
I've been following competitive league since it started taking off a long time ago. MOST of the important tournaments have been set at a time easy to manage for europe and quite unfortunate for us. and by most, i mean the vast majority of tournaments that actually mattered. FINALLY a tournament on my time, haha.

if i remember correctly, the season one championship days STARTED at 1am for me.

ElBoob

10-08-2012

Quote:
We actually planned on keeping all of the pro teams (players, managers, etc.) here past the World Finals as they have been part of the World Championship, so we extended them the invite for the whole ~2 weeks. We already took care of their flights, hotels, and food so there is not much disruption here. I think some of them are actually at Universal Studios today.
Good guy Riot keeping it's top athletes happy.
BTW, we really didn't need compensation for the difficulties with the tourney. But thanks anyway!

Smcl

10-08-2012

Quote:
Fake cheering, like Saturday Night Live does fake laughing!?!

The games will be plenty of hype, we have 5 of the World's best teams ready to face off, the matches should provide plenty of hype and excitement. I know i personally can't wait.
Give Phreak lots of energy drinks, he'll be the hype.
Remember to tell him to cheer when wards are killed. ;p

Derptionary

10-08-2012

Quote:
We don't have a President of eSports, but I am the Captain, so you are all stuck with me for better or worse haha.

Captain RedBeard!

ChronoxKizuna

10-08-2012

Quote:
Also, while Im here I wanted to clarify the original post. Were investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. Well have a ruling based on the results of that investigation.
Bring TSM back for a rematch against Frost.
Will increase hype tenfolds. Doesn't affect the progression of brackets.
So why rematch rather than DQing Frost? Because honestly, I think they're more skilled than TSM (fanboy here). But TSM deserves to at least lose fairly, 1 million dollar was on the line for them.

If you conclude Frost cheated that is.