Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12fingerJIM

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cukimonsta View Post
It's really sucks about having no live audience. I REALLY love hearing those cheers it makes me so happy
don't forget the squid signs

samuellbronko

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Also, while Im here I wanted to clarify the original post. Were investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. Well have a ruling based on the results of that investigation.
good to hear RedBeard & btw good handling with the players on saturday with all the DC issues - u did a gr8 job!

im sure Riot is doing this, but i want to make sure the footage prior to the pause is also looked at. i noticed there's a ping in the same area in that sequence, so my belief that it's just coincidence they ping a 2nd time in the same area after the pause and when Woong supposedly looks at the mini map... this is conclusive evidence to me and should be considered...

Kicking

10-08-2012

oh btw. if nothing happens to azubu frost for that clear act of cheating, and they win s2 finals, aloooooot of people will consider it a fluke and be upset, including myself.

Bonesaw7

10-08-2012

Just to clarify, it's game 3 of CLG EU vs. WE on Wednesday, right?

KevinDelMarr

10-08-2012

Quote:
Also, while Im here I wanted to clarify the original post. Were investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. Well have a ruling based on the results of that investigation.
What kind of actions are on the table? Rematch, TSM gets an additional spot, each member of TSM gets an additional consolation prize, the whole world knows Azubu F used an underhanded maneuver? Not sure what Riot can do for justice if it comes down to it.

IS1130ca93c056a16e55514

10-08-2012

Quote:
We knew the World Finals would be bad for EU so we scheduled the Playoffs to accommodate your time zone for the most part, but things obviously did not go as planned. We are really sorry about this for our EU fans. Tough to stay up late on a weekend, let anoe a Wednesday night.
You know, i promise you to stay awake if u promise me something:
Dont bring that annoying middle guy from saturday on the finals :-)

Anemoneya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Is there any chance AF getting DQ'ed if it is concluded they looked at minimap and pinged? How would that impact World finals schedule?

Hartz91

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartz91 View Post
The only thing I was looking for (which I didn't happen to see on the main post, maybe I'm just blind) is the remake of the third match after 60 minutes. As you can see on different images and videos, the team fight involved Irelia activating GA's passive, Ryze having 1/4th hp same as Nocturne, Janna with 3/4ths hp and corki with full hp (all that from WE), while Cho gath, malphite and orianna were full hp, sona had 3/4ths and ezreal had 1/3rd (and still had GA). To sum it all up, almost everyone would think that the fight was about to be won by CLGEU, something that would've ended the game as well. However something bad happened and the game went off. Many people think that's unfair, including myself based on the facts presented.

So the thing right now is that a match is yet to be played, and the only thing that comes into my mind is: what would happen if CLG.EU loses? I would personally find it very unfair, and I as well think that in case it happens, something would be needed to be done.

What are Riot's plans regarding this? I would like to hear a specific answer, and not just a "we would look forward to prevent that from happening on Season 3", because this is an issue that is happening now, not in a year from now.

Greetings.
Hart

P.S. Dont take this as a hate post, I just want to get a clear answer, and don't think I'm rising any pitchfork or anything :P.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...36278081_o.jpg

I got the info from there btw.
I'm quoting myself, now that I've seen RedBeard is around again. Would really appreciate an answer.

Cheers.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-08-2012
24 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfendell View Post
@RedBeard

What kind of compensation will the players get? This will affect their schedules and their finances. Some players have to travel from the other side of the world. What are you all doing to get them back here before the original finals date? and what is in store for them in regards to paying for flights and hotels? They will have to book hotels and flights for earlier that expected. I appreciate you answering all these questions and informing us what is going on.
We actually planned on keeping all of the pro teams (players, managers, etc.) here past the World Finals as they have been part of the World Championship, so we extended them the invite for the whole ~2 weeks. We already took care of their flights, hotels, and food so there is not much disruption here. I think some of them are actually at Universal Studios today.

GGTHEPLAYS

10-08-2012

Quote:
We actually planned on keeping all of the pro teams (players, managers, etc.) here past the World Finals as they have been part of the World Championship, so we extended them the invite for the whole ~2 weeks. We already took care of their flights, hotels, and food so there is not much disruption here. I think some of them are actually at Universal Studios today.
Thank you! I was just wondering how this was affecting them.